Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 08:45:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47
  Print  
Author Topic: NTA Mod (English version)  (Read 518514 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: November 22, 2012, 10:31:37 PM »

Here's a new version of NTA 1.8. (New Tanks Addon)
This MOD was specially designed for the Mission Pack 1.2, Mission Pack 2.1 and Mission Pack 3.x (game english version). Mostly this MOD contains a fixes and new stuff for the missions. For the more details see `readme`.

The NTA 1.8 is 3.25gbs. Above picture should be seen, if NTA mod installed correctly.

Installation order: (through JSGME) read more

1. Sound Mod (NTA) 1.1 compilation of the sounds, which adjusted to the same format: 44kHz, 16bit, mono.
2. Missions pack v1.2(optional)
3. Missions pack v2.1(optional)
4. NTA 1.8 full part(1of2), part(2of2) Alt. links: part(1of2), part(2of2)
5. Missions Pack 3.62 (optional)
6. MayUpd_2014 (all previous updates included)
7. Any weather mod (optional)
Notes:
D/l NTA part I and II. Then unpack only part I, the second part will be picked up automatically.

NTA team:
- frinik
- Kyth
- lockie
- Maleshkin
- Txema
- will1973

Special thanks to YL9961027!

Recommended mods.
Weather mods:
1. Africa mod v1.21 (03.04.2014)
2. Late autumn by Lajcak
3. Autumn by Lajcak
4. Early spring by Lajcak
5. Scorching summer by kapulA
6. Winter v3.43 by Maleshkin (added compatibility with MayUpd 18.06.2014)
7. Winter no snow v1.1 by Lajcak

Other mods:
1. Free camera mod for the cheating during the mission Wink
2. Ukrainian language v.0.91 by will1973
3. Alternative camo  for the German troops by Whukid
4. Fix Widescreen Bug v1.1 to fix monitor with dimension 16:9 and availability for the messages in the upper part of the monitor. See more (Already included in MayUpd 2014).
5. English Voice pack by Skiv. Replace russian phrases.

Utilities:
1. Nvidia Inspector to enable AA(Anti-Aliasing) mode. It's only for Nvidia videocards. Read more.
2. Say2Play/Game Commander 3. These programs enables to operate with tank by voice.
3. 4GB Patch to avoid "shader error".

Additional information:
1. SPM 1.5 also called the Ultimate is a mod that came out in February 2012. It was an improvement and successor to mod Steel Panzer 1.5 Beta released in September 2010. It brought lots of new weapons, artillery, tanks, apcs, other land vehicles and plane models, missions, skins, buildings and other improvements to the game.
The Ultimate has been improved upon by a series of NTAs(New Tank Add Ons) from 1.1 to the current 1.8 during the last 2 years. There are now well over 200 land and air(non playable) vehicles in the Mission Editor. With the Ultimate came, in large part, owing to moders relentless efforts and creativity several mission packs(compilation of existing missions and new ones) 1.2,  2.1 and the latest 3.6x with at least 40 missions.
Just to clarify Steel Panzer Mod 2.0 or SPM2.0 is an alternate version of the Ultimate and it came out in November 2012. While it shares many similar components to the regular Ultimate mods it is not compatible with the Mission packs, thus you can install it, but keep that in mind. Since it has not been updated since release over 24 months ago it now has less models and improvements than current NTA.
Thus the best and latest comprehensive mod to Steel Fury is UNDENIABLY NTA 1.8. It 's a must because it is all an all inclusive mod. The team that put NTA 1.8 together did us the huge favor by merging Steel Panzer Beta 1.5 and the Ultimate with the all the series of NTAs up to now in ONE mod. Thus all you need to do is have a fresh install of SF and in your mods folder simply install current NTA, a sound and season mod of your choice and enable. No more of the stack of Beta 1.5, the Ultimate, the successive updates/patches/fixes and various other mods.... (c) Frinik 2013
2. You've to install for the non-english version 10 additional polygons.
3. The next units has a cockpits (interior modeled)
T34/76, Pz. IVF1/F2, Mark II Matilda, Pz III, KV-1, SU-100, Tiger I, Jagdpanzer
4. Mission reports by 33lima
- Steel Fury - King Tiger! (MP3.61, mission "Counterstrike")
- Hell on Wheels - SF '42 (MP2.1, mission "Everything, but the bridge")
- Tiger, Tiger, burning bright - SF '42
- Panzer rollen in Afrika vor! (MP3.61, mission "Gazala")
- Panthers at Prokhorovka! (MP1.2, mission "Prokhorovka, July 12, 1943, 13:00")
- T-34/85 twosome - part 2 (MP1.2, "Chernogostie, 26th June 1944, 13:30 (T-34/85)")
- Panther's Last Roar - SF '42 (MP3.x, same name mission)
5. Gunnery manual for Beginners by Gunnyhighway
6. Short description of the controls by 33lima.

7. Applying some real-world tank tactics in 'Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942' by 33lima. Read and discuss.
8. Video:
- River of Doom (M36) - SF PartI, PartII by Fabianfred
- Tiger interior by Donken
- Steel Fury PV by blitzgkrieg
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:33:06 PM by Krabb » Logged

Provocative signature removed
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 11:23:43 PM »

Special THANKS to comrade FRINIK for his a VERY precisely testing and a comrade KYTH!
And thanks to EVERYONE who helped and took part to release this patch! Thank you and THANK YOU VERY MUCH!(c) Wink

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 01:58:24 AM »

This is great news!

Everybody, please get your copy!  8)

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 02:08:32 AM »

Many thanks to Comarade Lokcie for allowing me to test his update and having the priviledge to see it first hand.But especially  many, many thanks for the corrections and the improvements not to mention the new models! I am having issues with some of the units making my new install crash but it may be my own mistakes.In any way it's worht it plus the rounded tower KV-1e is back .Yeah!!!!

I particularly enjoy having Kyth's missions finally entered into the game menu as a separate campaign it's long overdue! I  have been arguing about it and even arguing replacing the vanilla Panzer III campaign with his own( Although I can hear something shouting " it's historically inaccurate!"  Grin) but now we have both!All  we need are Rend's Barbarossa as a separate campaign too!

This is great work Comrade Lockie!A labour worthy of the mighty Herculockie!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 03:31:41 AM »

I'm confused (easily accomplished with me).

I now have in my mod folder and my jsgme:

1. Unofficial patch_SF_v0.1_(ENG)
2. SPM1.5 beta
3. SPM 1.5_ultimate_update
4. SPM 1.5_ultimate_update_patch

Why does #4 above not appear in your list of mod installation order?

Does the Upd_Nov_2012(NTA) take the place of #4 above?  If yes do I no longer need the patch or do I need to get a new version of the ultimate update (#3 above) that has the patch included?

Bring back 3D markers!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 03:37:38 AM »

2. SPM1.5 beta

Does the Upd_Nov_2012(NTA) take the place of #4 above? 

That is correct! The previous Ultimate Update patch is already included with the November Update.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 07:17:42 AM »

I am having problems trying to download Beta 1.5 fresh and The Ultimate Update Mod as both links the tanksim.org.ru is giving the 503 error and the other the gameshare the downlaod is nort proceeding.It asks me if I want to open, save or save as and whatever option I choose nothing happens!!!

BTW any idea what the next patch will contain?Huh?

Prior to the release of any new patch update, I think it would be a good time to trim the mission Editor( I would be ready to do it ) as there 'such a jumble of models many of whichmost of us have no use for: i.e the British aircrafts Lancaster, Mosquito, Blenheim et all and other models such as the T-44 which still in the ME despite being unsuable, or the Panther M10 Ersatz( one unit would be enough).As well I would suggest trimming the number of Jagdpanthers( why do we have a desert cam model???) the Panzer 38(t0 etc not to mention to proliferation of Soviet Tiger I trophy units( 5 or 6 in the Mixed units alone) this for a tank that was never used more than a handful of times by the Soviets...But it would be good  to have a consensus or consultation with the SF fans on this forum to decide unanimously or at least in general agreementnwhat we are going to get rid of and what we are going to keep.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:23:53 AM by frinik » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 08:21:25 AM »

This is a first-time patch, which completely devoted only to english version. Then I'd like to say: with a many thanks for comrade Txema and his excellent work and cooperation!

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 08:46:33 AM »

Prior to the release of any new patch update, I think it would be a good time to trim the mission Editor
We've a chance to use them. It only depends on mission maker decision Smiley
And I hope to see in SF a Western Front Wink

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 03:18:36 PM »

2. SPM1.5 beta

Does the Upd_Nov_2012(NTA) take the place of #4 above? 

That is correct! The previous Ultimate Update patch is already included with the November Update.

Thank you.  Do I need to upload and install a new version of the SPM 1.5_ultimate_update or just continue to use the one I already have?

« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:15:23 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 03:49:22 PM »

-   increased a commander field of view throughout the turret hatch (-170 to +170) and hatch has been opened more wider
I have to say that this isn't technically correct. The hatch was a common problem for commander's view in the real Tiger with the old cupola. That's why the way it opened was changed on the Panther and late tigers.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 03:54:44 PM »

I have to say that this isn't technically correct.
It works and it's quite suitable to play the game. But of course, if someone wants to learn game model as a history etalon then I don't see any problems.

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 05:02:09 PM »

It works and it's quite suitable to play the game.
It works even better with external camera, so I don't see much point.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 07:10:54 PM »

Interestingly enough all the gunsight apertures have decreased on the German side.For example in the June patch the aperture of the Tiger II gunsight measured 18 centimetres diameter on my computer screen now it's only 14 centimetres. Likewise for the Tiger I.Any reason?Huh?
Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 12:03:21 AM »

Hi i think you have the wrong tracks o the pantherg they look like tiger ones as the are too wide and both left tracks
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 12:04:36 AM »

It works even better with external camera
May be.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 12:20:42 AM »

Interestingly enough all the gunsight apertures have decreased on the German side.
I didn't change apertures. I swear with a sacred communist ticket and a memory of bolshevik party!  Grin

Hi i think you have the wrong tracks o the pantherg they look like tiger ones as the are too wide and both left tracks
I put in author's tracks, but if u have a hint how to make it better then I'd be pleased.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 03:16:26 AM »

I'll make a mission with you Lockie as a Soviet saboteur who dastarly reduced the size of German optics!I'll chase you all over the maps with a BMW ( motorcycle). Wink

Speaking seriously, who reworked the Tiger II gunsight in the ultimate mod? I like seeing the tip of the gun in the reticle when aiming it reminds me of Red Orchestra. In Beta 1.5 the reticle was different.I don't know if it's realistic but I like it.Too bad we don't have it for the other tanks...
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 09:09:15 AM »

Speaking seriously, who reworked the Tiger II gunsight in the ultimate mod?
I know exactly, that I didn't change any gunsight reticle of tigers. All my changes noted in readme(there's no need to hide them). I may guess, that it was done in SPM UU. U may compare a gunsight from SPM1.5beta, NTA1.3, NTA1.4 and see where changes took place first.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 12:06:10 PM »

I knowthe change came with Ultimate because I have NTA1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 and the Tiger II still has th eold one.But I was just wondering who changed it in the Ultimate because I like it like that.On the other hand I can compare the size of the Tiger I and II reticles in the November patch and compared to the June one they are smaller in size. Not that it's bad just wondering...

Speaking of Patch I think it would make sense to limit them to 2 a year because frankly every time there's patch it bring issues and problems.I'd rather wait and have more stuff in 2 patches than 4 to 5 a year.. I wonder how the others feel about it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47
  Print  

Jump to: