Graviteam
April 26, 2024, 10:36:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Panther gun sights  (Read 33264 times)
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« on: December 13, 2012, 07:03:32 PM »

Where can I find a description of the two sets of range numbers on the Panther gun sights as shown in "Destroy HQ mission.
Also information on calculating range using the small triangles and the large triangle in the gunsight.

Bring back 3D markers!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:14:08 PM »

Could u enclose some explanation pictures? I just got that smth. wrong with mission "Destroy HQ" or Panther?

Provocative signature removed
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 10:14:32 PM »

There's nothing wrong.  I just am not sure how to use the sights correctly.

Bring back 3D markers!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 12:10:37 AM »

I just am not sure how to use the sights correctly.
Check out this link Wink
http://pedg.yuku.com/topic/1728/t/Ranging-Turmzielfernrohr-TZF-9b-gun-sight-optics.html

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 01:19:10 AM »

Very cool.  That explains it well.  The gunsight in the Panther in Destroy the HQ does not act quite like the one in that web site.  The large triangle stays locked in the center while the line of small triangles move vertically, up and down the sight when adjusting the range.  I believe that all the triangles should stay in line, as shown in post #3 on that link.

Bring back 3D markers!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 10:37:23 AM »

The Panther gunsight is the tzf12_new.The tzf9b is the TigerI`s. However they work very similarly just the magnification varies.
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 01:14:14 PM »

Yes, Frinik is right, the gunsight of the Panther is the tzf12 but still I also agree with Tanker:

The large triangle stays locked in the center of the gunsight while the line of small triangles moves vertically, up and down the sight when adjusting the range.  I believe that all the triangles should stay in line, as shown in post #3 on that link, ALSO in the case of the tzf12 gunsight of the Panther (and also in the rest of the german tanks).

Lockie, could you please consider fixing this?

Txema

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 01:19:17 PM »

I don't have any idea how gunsight of the Panther should work correctly  8)

murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 01:47:12 PM »

This is for completeness on the movement of the tzf optic and the strich.

There are currently only two games/mods that simulate the German optics correctly. They are all a direct result of the hard work and dedication of Brit44aldo of Panzer Elite. He spent six months gathering all the information for the tzf optics and how they worked.

Here is the forum posting that finally sorted out how the German tzf optic was ranged.

http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthread.php?t=531530

Here is Brit44Aldos excellent detective work in action:

http://home.comcast.net/~ab707/pex/images/tzf5b/tzf5b.html

And here is I44's understanding of it, please note i44's video starts off with the wrong magnification (arma2 quirk)

I really would love to see this feature added to Steel Fury.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:49:51 PM by murkz » Logged

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 01:49:47 PM »

Lockie,

I think that the "operation" of the Panther gunsight should be identical to that of the Tiger gunsight:

The problem is that now, in Steel Fury, the large triangle of the Panther gunsight does not move when the line of triangles move up or down to change the range. It should work like in this animation:

As you can see ALL the triangles (including the large one) move down when increasing the range...

Can you understand me now, Lockie?

It would be great if you could fix the Panther gunsight to make it work in this way...

Txema
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »

Oh, I got it Smiley My browser Opera doesn't show this picture, I had to look through explorer to see how it does.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 02:57:56 PM »

Wow the immersion factor in i44 is impressive! But then the Arma engine has always been good for that!
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 03:23:53 PM »

Murkz,

Thank you very much for your post.

You are right: Brit44aldo has done (and continues doing !!) an impressive work with Panzer Elite. A true labor of love !

Kudos to Aldo !!

Txema
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 10:42:46 PM »

What game are they referring to in that post by Brit44Aldo?

Yes the Panther gunsight is not right in SF_K42.  I also noticed that the Pz IV gunsights have no range scales to set the range by.  They just have the line of triangles.  There is no way to know what range the gun is firing at.

Bring back 3D markers!
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 07:20:47 AM »

What game are they referring to in that post by Brit44Aldo?

Yes the Panther gunsight is not right in SF_K42.  I also noticed that the Pz IV gunsights have no range scales to set the range by.  They just have the line of triangles.  There is no way to know what range the gun is firing at.

The post where I credit Brit44Aldo and the two games that use the newly researched optic info.

They are Invasion 44 (I44) an Armed Assault 2 (ARMA2) mod and the grand daddy of tank simulations Panzer Elite (PE) is the other.

I44 needs Arma2 to play.

PE requires PE-X for the new optics.

http://pedg.yuku.com/forums/10/PEX-Developments

I hope this helps Smiley

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 06:42:45 PM »

Thanks to our ukrainian comrade 19will73, now we've almost identical gunsight for the panther and tiger.
Here's original and in game. Amazing work!

As u can see a row of triangles moves up and down together!

murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 10:22:59 PM »

Those are very nice lockie, can you make them rotate as they historically did ?

As per this post:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10999.msg28958#msg28958

As you can see in reality there was no second triangle for the PZGR 40 etc.. to range off (lower left), just the top one Smiley
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:37:29 PM by murkz » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 10:41:10 PM »

can you make them rotate as they historically did ?
It's rotating.

As you can see in reality the was no second triangle for the PZGR 40 etc.. to range off (lower left), just the top one Smiley
If I remove a lower left, then I don't understand how to aim with Pzgr39/42 and Pzgr40/42? Can u explain?

BTW
If we'll keep a reality with enthusiasm, then I should remove all gunsights for the ger spg, coz they are fake. I think we should keep a compromise.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:47:33 PM by lockie » Logged

murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 10:47:49 PM »

You rotate the PZGR scale around to the top, there is no triangle at the bottom left in the real optic, it is there to fudge it for Steel Fury.

http://home.comcast.net/~ab707/pex/images/tzf5b/tzf5b.html

as you can see the strich (triangles) moves down as the optic rotates and then back up as it continues on around in the same direction.

BTW
If we'll keep a reality with enthusiasm, then I should remove all gunsights for the ger spg, coz they are fake. I think we should keep a compromise.

Why, having used the correct sights in Panzer Elite and I44, I can say they are very easy to use and very accurate, they just make sense to use Smiley and do not compromise game play in any way.

As for the other tanks, that is a nice project for the future and after all Steel Fury is a simulation, not some WOT clone Smiley
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:00:38 PM by murkz » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 11:00:51 PM »

At this moment it works perfect, but if I remove a lower tri, then I can't aim with Pzgr.
As for er example:

Which tanks in the game this gunsight should be asigned?

Why, having used the correct sights in Panzer Elite and I44, I can say they are very easy to use and very accurate, they just make sense to use Smiley and do not compromise game play in any way.
OK, then can u make the same for SF without compromise?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:03:38 PM by lockie » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: