Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 03:41:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Panther gun sights  (Read 33242 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2012, 08:12:30 PM »

19will73 found a very funny arcade feature from SPM UU Smiley As it appeared 'Tiger II' has TWO gunsights (tzf9d, tzf9d1). Both of them unbreakable and has two scales: 2.5 and 5 Cheesy I like this feature. May be I'll implement this arcade thing to all tanks Wink But firstly, I'd like to hear user's opinions - should we implement this feature or not.

Provocative signature removed
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2012, 09:24:59 PM »

And now a gunsight for the tiger also has triangles, which moves up and down together.

As far as I know this worked from the beginning.  Huh?

19will73 found a very funny arcade feature from SPM UU Smiley As it appeared 'Tiger II' has TWO gunsights (tzf9d, tzf9d1).

For about 2 years already. This is the crude imitation of 2.5x and 5x magnification of the real sight. You should study Tiger optics.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2012, 09:40:41 PM »

As far as I know this worked from the beginning.  Huh?
Then, no need to be worry for u Smiley

For about 2 years already. This is the crude imitation of 2.5x and 5x magnification of the real sight.
Yeah, good arcade feature! But I prefer other thank to Tiger II.

You should study Tiger optics.
U should use PM for the private suggestion.

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2012, 12:53:15 AM »

Hi Lockie,

This is a very interesting and realistic feature !!

Actually all the latest german tanks had gunsights with dual magnification: 2.5x and 5x

When using those gunsights the gunner could choose to use the 2.5x magnification (for example to survey the battlefield to look for enemy tanks) and then swicht to 5x magnification (to aim precisely to hit a target enemy tank). The drawback of the 5x magnification was that its field of view was the field of view of the 2.5x magnification divided by 2, approximately.

The German tanks equiped with gunsights with dual magnification (2.5x and 5x) were:

- Panzer IV H
- Panzer IV J
- panther A
- panther G
- Tiger I Late model
- Tiger II

Please note that the Tiger I Early model did NOT have gunsight with dual magnification.

It would be great (and would increase realism level !!) if you could equip those german tanks with a gunsight with dual magnification where the gunner can choose between 2.5x and 5x magnification.

I would really like to have that realistic feature in Steel Fury !!  Smiley

Txema

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:13:24 AM by Txema » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2012, 01:42:12 AM »

Re the dual gunsight; I posted that more than 2 years ago. Nobody said anything about it.It's actually great to have it! I agree with Txema it makes sense to keep it.

Me too I am mystified by this issue of the Tiger gunsight.It always worked normally in the past with the triangles moving.I think the only issue raised by Murkz was ht esecond triangle in the reticle....
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2012, 09:13:40 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sIkQAas-WH4#t=4s

Best played in HD as the quality of the video is not to great in low quality.

Here is the correct movement of a TZF optic.

As you can see the gunner simply used the scale for which ever round was loaded and the he could rotate the optic in either direction (clockwise in this video)

This is done in PE with the range up or range down key and very easy and effective it is.

Jeff

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 10:54:32 AM »

It would be great (and would increase realism level !!)
Txema, thank u for er opinion. As my point, this feature will increase arcade level, coz instead one breakable gunsight a tank will get two unbreakable(with additional magnification), but I don't care abt it Wink

Re the dual gunsight; I posted that more than 2 years ago.
I didn't pay attention to er post, but now I think it'll be a good idea to equip a german tank with more gunsights as possible. (Though, I still think it's a very big arcade feature, which will give a player a good chance to cheat AI. IMHO, same happens, if we'll decrease armor for the trees and bushes. AI still won't shoot at player, cos he is invisible for the AI, but player can shoot without problem through trees and bushes Wink )

murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2012, 11:03:12 AM »

Here is the correct optic and movement for the Tiger I TZF. As you can see the movement is a work of art, to make the gunners job as easy as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VV2Os7XuZ0&feature=youtu.be

When he wanted to use the mg, he rolled that scale to the needle at the desired range Smiley

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »

murkz, thank u for the new two video, which explains how does Panther gunsight. Now I know what did u tell abt Smiley It was hard for me to understand, now it's clear. As I see, it'll be a big headache for user to use such method of aiming, coz each time u've to rotate a gunsight a half-round right or a half-round left to pick up an appropriate shell. I don't think it's possible to realize in SF, but I'll ask 19will73 what is he opinion abt it and will it be possible to implement it.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2012, 11:52:09 AM »

IMHO, same happens, if we'll decrease armor for the trees and bushes. AI still won't shoot at player, cos he is invisible for the AI, but player can shoot without problem through trees and bushes )

Lockie, I think in all seriousness this is an excellent suggestions.The trees are simply too strong and unyielding in this game.A 68 ton Tiger II can swing on a tree limb.Yesterday while playing the JS-2 mission in the Combat Episodes I failed the mission within 2 minutes when my JS-2 struck a tree and flipped over.I tried the pressing the W and D keys for 3 minutes to get it back on track but too late the mission failed with tank destroyed Sad
 THe tree should crack when rolled over by a tank not flip them over like broiled eggs....
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 11:59:32 AM by lockie » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2012, 12:08:16 PM »

Lockie, I think in all seriousness this is an excellent suggestions.
U mean to decrease trees and bushes armor? That will be a good feature for the online mode, when u play against human, but for the stupid AI it'll be another reason to prove - human is much smarter Smiley I.e. now I've to wait when tank under AI will appear from the bushes, coz I know that my shell will get a ricochet. Thus, AI has a bit chanse to survive against my smart intellect  8) Smiley  Grin It's a pure balance to the profit of AI, imho.

THe tree should crack when rolled over by a tank not flip them over like broiled eggs....
As I know this bug was fixed for APOS, but for SF I don't know how to get it over.

murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »

murkz, thank u for the new two video, which explains how does Panther gunsight. Now I know what did u tell abt Smiley It was hard for me to understand, now it's clear. As I see, it'll be a big headache for user to use such method of aiming, coz each time u've to rotate a gunsight a half-round right or a half-round left to pick up an appropriate shell. I don't think it's possible to realize in SF, but I'll ask 19will73 what is he opinion abt it and will it be possible to implement it.

You are welcome lockie.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: