Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:29:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission: Everything, but the bridge! ('Sherman' M4A3-76)  (Read 30262 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 12:42:10 PM »

I guess as someone said, the APCR shell model does not include the spray of fragments inside the tank after the penetration.
The problem is - APC doesn't has explosive stuff, that's why it doesn't effective in the game. If add at least 50 gram of explosive stuff to the shell, then effectiveness will increase noticeably. But such feature will contradict to realizm Grin

Provocative signature removed
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 10:31:45 PM »

I guess as someone said, the APCR shell model does not include the spray of fragments inside the tank after the penetration.
The problem is - APC doesn't has explosive stuff, that's why it doesn't effective in the game. If add at least 50 gram of explosive stuff to the shell, then effectiveness will increase noticeably. But such feature will contradict to realizm Grin

It seems that realism is already contradicted by the inefficacy of the APC round.  I doubt it has a solution other than adding explosive like you said.

Bring back 3D markers!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2012, 01:32:43 AM »

I agree! Realism has to be present from the start otherwise you can use artificial methods to reporduce it.Anyway quite a few things are unrealistic as they are....
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2012, 08:46:44 PM »

Would probably be a good idea to buff it in any way you see fit. If it's realistic for it to cause some major damage upon penetration then that's what ought to happen when it does penetrate, as opposed to its current inefficacy.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2012, 11:04:55 PM »

I think that parameter armor fragility for the Sherman should be increased to 0.4 armor_frail=0.4 (old 0.3), coz fragments almost not effects crew members. But to say the truth, I don't want to do that Smiley

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2012, 11:12:27 PM »

I think that parameter armor fragility for the Sherman should be increased to 0.4 armor_frail=0.4 (old 0.3), coz fragments almost not effects crew members. But to say the truth, I don't want to do that Smiley

Its welded armor on it so it should be as on all other tanks with the same armor type, 0.5 atleast Cheesy

The real heroes are those that never came back.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2012, 01:33:21 AM »

Is this what the armour_frail value does?Increases or decreases the incidence of spalling inside a tank?Huh?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2012, 02:39:11 AM »

Is this what the armour_frail value does?
Yeah. More armor_frail -> more calx/fragments -> more kills/injures
i.e. mostly all soviet tanks has armor_frail=0.7

woofiedog
Major

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2013, 01:40:17 PM »

Great mission, is there a fix for the tracks not showing up on the Sherman with the Winter Mod Beta Maleshkin?

Again thank's.
woofiedog
Major

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2013, 08:36:39 PM »

A Kinetic Weapon Calculator.

http://www.5596.org/cgi-bin/kinetic.php
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: