Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 09:01:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Fury plus SweetFX  (Read 11578 times)
Aces
Generalleutnant

« on: December 15, 2012, 11:52:52 AM »

Hi chaps,

I've been experimenting with using SweetFX with Steel Fury which might be of interest. Below a very rough trial settings screenshot and some settings:

Kind regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »

Interesting but is this a free program? It really changes the colours makes them darker. It looks like it could make the fps take a dive as well???
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »

Hi mate,

It is a free program, you can changve vaious things, such as anti-aliasing, HDR, Bloom, vibrance etc. and save a profile for each game. I've been using it for several games for a while but thought I'd try it with SF. The settings shown here cost me 1 FPS. This is only a test setup, I will tweek the settings more to suite my tastes when I have more time.

http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/

Regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 05:27:13 AM »

I like it Aces  Smiley Its a much sharper natural look I think, stock SFK42 colors always reminded me of a hazy hot and humid summer. Well I know what I'll be doing tomorrow  Cheesy
Cheers
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 05:30:58 AM »

I like it Aces  Smiley Its a much sharper natural look I think, stock SFK42 colors always reminded me of a hazy hot and humid summer. Well I know what I'll be doing tomorrow  Cheesy
Cheers

P.S. Noticed you have several other titles that I own also, would you share your settings with me (in a PM)?
* Battle of Britain II WoV
* Silent Hunter V
* PT Boats South Gambit
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 09:46:08 AM »

Hi mate,

I'm still experimenting with settings (there are a lot you can "tweak") Smiley.

No problem, I'll send you details by PM later.

Cheers

Aces

Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 10:43:19 AM »

Hi chaps,

I thought I'd post my setup here:

First thing to do is to copy the text below and save it as a normal .txt file in the "presets" folder of SweetFX with a name like "SweetFX_Settings_Steel_Fury.txt"

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.
  /                      Choose effects                         /
  '-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING  1            // [0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.
#define USE_LUMASHARPEN        1            // [0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
#define USE_BLOOM              0            // [0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_HDR                1            // [0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_TECHNICOLOR        0            // [0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
#define USE_DPX                0            // [0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN      0            // [0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
#define USE_TONEMAP            1            // [0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
#define USE_VIBRANCE           1            // [0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
#define USE_CURVES             0            // [0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
#define USE_SEPIA              0            // [0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
#define USE_VIGNETTE           0            // [0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
#define USE_DITHER             0            // [0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
#define USE_SPLITSCREEN        0            // [0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/                  SMAA Anti-aliasing settings                /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD         0.05         // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS  16           // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 10           // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING   0            // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION   1            // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0            // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/                       LumaSharpen settings                  /
// -- Sharpening --
#define sharp_strength         2            // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp            0.035        // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
#define pattern                1            // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias            1.0          // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
                         // I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
#define show_sharpen           0            // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/                       Bloom settings                        /
#define BloomThreshold         20.25        // [0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
#define BloomPower             1.446        // [0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom
#define BloomWidth             0.0142       // [0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/                        HDR settings                         /
#define HDRPower               1.00         // [0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
#define radius2                0.825        // [0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/                      TECHNICOLOR settings                   /
#define TechniAmount           0.11         // [0.0 to 1.0]
#define TechniPower            2.8          // [0.0 to 8.0]
#define redNegativeAmount      0.88         // [0.0 to 1.0]
#define greenNegativeAmount    0.88         // [0.0 to 1.0]
#define blueNegativeAmount     0.88         // [0.0 to 1.0]

/                      Cineon DPX settings                    /
#define Red                    8.0          // [1.0 to 15.0]
#define Green                  8.0          // [1.0 to 15.0]
#define Blue                   8.0          // [1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma             2.5          // [0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
#define DPXSaturation          3.0          // [0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC                   0.36         // [0.6 to 0.2]
#define GreenC                 0.36         // [0.6 to 0.2]
#define BlueC                  0.34         // [0.6 to 0.2]

#define Blend                  0.2          // [0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/                      Lift Gamma Gain settings               /
#define RGB_Lift               float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000) // [0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue
#define RGB_Gamma              float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000) // [0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
#define RGB_Gain               float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000) // [0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/                        Tonemap settings                     /
#define Gamma                  1.25         // [0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones

#define Exposure               -.125        // [-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure

#define Saturation             -.8          // [-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation

#define Bleach                 0.08         // [0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors

#define Defog                  0.0001       // [0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove
#define FogColor               float3(0.00, 2.55, 2.30) // [0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/                       Vibrance settings                     /
#define Vibrance               0.40         // [-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/                        Curves settings                      /
#define Curves_contrast        0.30         // [-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want

// -- Advanced curve settings --
#define Curves_formula         7            // [1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use.

/                         Sepia settings                      /
#define ColorTone              float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) // [0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image
#define GreyPower              0.11         // [0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it
#define SepiaPower             0.58         // [0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image

/                       Vignette settings                     /
#define VignetteRadius         2.5          // [-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center
#define VignetteAmount         -1.00        // [-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
#define VignetteSlope          8            // [1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
#define VignetteCenter         float2(0.500, 0.500) // [0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/                        Dither settings                      /
//No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.

//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.
//This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.

/                     Splitscreen settings                    /
#define splitscreen_mode       1            // [1|2|3|4|5] 1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

This preset can also be used as a starting point for any other profiles for other games by loading it in and saving it with a different name.

Here' the main screen, you can change setting from here:

The trick with Steel Fury as opposed to my other games listed on the left, is to use the "Split FX install" option which places the injector file in the .../bin/rel folder and not the main game folder. Click on "Game Settings" to access this screen:

The Split install folder is the bin\rel subfolder under your main game folder although note use "starter.exe" and not "shell.exe" when you choose the game excutable when adding a new game in the main screen.

Okay, with this you should be good to go.

To save and load profiles, use the "Save/load configuration" setting on the main screen.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Aces

Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 12:10:30 PM »

and three screenies from the games you mentioned:

Cheers

Aces

murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 12:30:32 PM »

They all look very good Aces, though the last two caught my eye Smiley Thank you for sharing them.

Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 10:27:47 AM »

Hi folks, a before and after and a setting file for you to play with:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5jd2d9cyb7cdqsy

Kind regards

Aces

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 10:49:19 AM »

First picture looks more natural, imho.

Provocative signature removed
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 11:17:28 AM »

Each to their own Alex, it's a matter of personal taste I guess

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: