Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 01:58:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WW2 history buffs......have you read this?  (Read 10666 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: December 16, 2012, 06:48:04 AM »

http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/USA-in-WWII/

United States Army Green Books (PDF)
The United States Army and World War II
United States Army Center of Military History

Somehow I have never come across this set 1 disk 3 I am vary currious about for obvious reasons.  Anybody read these history's? 

The photo one is pretty good indeed.  And i had no idea US service men where operating next to Red Army guys in 1943 in Iran.  Sending US equipment north through Iran. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:22:54 PM by lockie » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 07:21:15 AM »

I own quite a few of the Green books from the USGOVT printing office.They have some excellent books on Korea also.Google Hyperwar and you can find some online sources for these books too.

I have 2 copies of Northwest Africa: Seizing the Initiative in the West.
Accidentally ordered 2 by mistake.

About 6 years ago most of these books were no longer going to be printed so the USGOVT printing office had a major sale and free shipping and handling and I bought about 20 for $15.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:36:18 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 07:42:31 AM »

I own quite a few of the Green books from the USGOVT printing office.They have some excellent books on Korea also.Google Hyperwar and you can find some online sources for these books too.

I have 2 copies of Northwest Africa: Seizing the Initiative in the West.
Accidentally ordered 2 by mistake.

About 6 years ago most of these books were no longer going to be printed so the USGOVT printing office had a major sale and free shipping and handling and I bought about 20 for $15.

Wonder where the total catalog is?  I most certainly would be interested. 

Also makes be curious if the UK and Russia do the same thing. 

Ya I read the PDF of that after rereading an Army at dawn.   Certainly interesting as you get a more details out of both.  The one on Aid to Russia I just DL.  Vary curious.  Also about their pictorial series too. 

I wish they would stick in the MTOE of the various units engaged.  They certainly had that info when they wrote it.  grrrrrr. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:45:02 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 07:49:34 AM »

http://newbookstore.gpo.gov/catalog/us-military-history/battles-wars?sort_by=created&sort_order=DESC&items_per_page=60

This the catalog site for battles & wars.I don't think they print the Green books anymore,but I haven't really looked at this site in 6 years.
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 08:09:25 AM »

http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/USA-in-WWII/

United States Army Green Books (PDF)
The United States Army and World War II
United States Army Center of Military History

Somehow I have never come across this set 1 disk 3 I am vary currious about for obvious reasons.  Anybody read these history's? 

Why read history when you can contribute to it?  The Army War College in PA has tomes of this stuff.  But what does it matter, if in a few years there is no United States?  Don't worry about Iraq or Afghanistan when the real fight is about to begin in city streets in the Jewnited Snakes of Amerika?

Maybe you can become a local warlord?  You talk about being broke-dick; well, then you are useless.  You are certainly not the only veteran here--if you have nothing to offer then nobody will care about you . . .
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 08:19:51 AM »

Are you drunk? Undecided

Yabba dabba do
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 08:31:53 AM »

Why read history when you can contribute to it?  The Army War College in PA has tomes of this stuff.  But what does it matter, if in a few years there is no United States?  Don't worry about Iraq or Afghanistan when the real fight is about to begin in city streets in the Jewnited Snakes of Amerika?

Maybe you can become a local warlord?  You talk about being broke-dick; well, then you are useless.  You are certainly not the only veteran here--if you have nothing to offer then nobody will care about you . . .

Dude, this is a game forum.  Nothing more. Nothing less.
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 08:32:22 AM »

Are you drunk? Undecided

No.  Syphilis.  Seriously.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 08:43:38 AM »

Are you drunk? Undecided

OH ok.  Sounds like it maybe to late to save your life.  However i recommend anti biotics soon.   Lips Sealed

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 08:46:45 AM »

Ok, that was bad of me.  Despite where ever this is going, this is a game forum about ww2 APOS.  A nation (ANY nations) record the historys of their peoples in one way or another.  APOS is backed up by history so I thought it might be interesting for some.  My bad.

Yabba dabba do
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 08:53:17 AM »

Nah, I appreciate the links.
I was talkin bout the other crud.
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 09:02:33 AM »

Are you drunk? Undecided

OH ok.  Sounds like it maybe to late to save your life.  However i recommend anti biotics soon.   Lips Sealed

lol.  I hope not that.  I am worried though.  I do have a very bad rash and I'm on heavy duty something or other.

No offense, but you do irritate the hell out of me.  VARY much.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 09:17:19 AM »

Are you drunk? Undecided

lol.  I hope not that.  I am worried though.  I do have a very bad rash and I'm on heavy duty something or other.

How is that? 

Yabba dabba do
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 10:01:03 AM »

Are you drunk? Undecided

How is that? 

edited for rudeness...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:03:11 AM by Capt Sam » Logged
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 10:17:27 PM »

What exactly did I just read?  Roll Eyes

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 02:21:47 AM »

Sounds like a really bad case of ass burn.

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: