Graviteam
March 19, 2024, 04:47:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Panzer Mod 2.0  (Read 270935 times)
Mistwalker
Oberst

« on: December 30, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »

A link for anyone who wish to be a tester of this mod. SPM 1.5 + Ultimate Update + December 2012 UU patch - all in one.
As the name implies, this is not the final version. Suggestions about what should be added and what should be removed in the final version will be appreciated.

You may encounter some bugs for now so be aware.

Download Steel Panzer Mod 2.0 (test version)

Will not work with any Ultimate Update patches and fixes and Ultimate Update itself (not needed).
Will work with sound mods, weather mods and mission packs.

A few things from ‘November Update 2012’ (English version) v.1.1(NTA) are missing:

1.Non-drum sights for German SPGs, wide-open hatches on tiger and KV-1S (features were not available on the real vehicles).
2.Updated texture for the early Tiger (texture messed up).
3.Hit effects textures (practically no different from the original. Glithes exist).
4.Armor_str for all Panther-based units is set to 2000 (Panther armor did not have cementation or strong face-hardening).

A few more features added:

-ISU-122
-KV-1 mod. 42 with 90 mm turret armor and ZIS-5
-Mission "Millerovo pocket" on the existing polygon for KV-1 mod. 42
-One more camo variant for King Tiger (random camo will be selected for each vehicle)
-whukid's camo variant for Pz. IV  (random camo will be selected for each vehicle)
-whukid's camo variant for Sdkfz. 251  (random camo will be selected for each vehicle)
-Minor changes on some models to make them more historically correct
-The old King Tiger texture is more sharp and clear
-Sights for Stug 3 modifications changed to real ones with adjusting cylinder
-Gear ratios for the vehicles on the same base are unified
-Corrected gun horisontal traverse angle for some soviet SPGs
-Fixed nonexistent superstructure front armor for Marder II
-Added some new units
-Turn speed for heavy tanks decreased
-Updated shot sounds for D-25T, KwK42, 85 mm, 152 mm guns (sounds different for each gun)
-Added new dirve sound for the soviet heavy and medium tanks (temporarily)
-Updated (all triangles move) dual sight with 2.5x and 5x magnification for Panther A and G
-Some minor corrections in configs and texts
- (in the near future) Will be compatible with Aces' mods

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:33:17 PM by Krabb » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 02:09:58 AM »

Wow! Excellent initiative Mistwalker! I think this combo is great because it will reduce the number of crashes and incompatibilities. I am going to download it and test it on a fresh installation! Thanks!Will report any bug or problems. Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:13:48 AM by frinik » Logged
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 02:06:28 PM »

Thank you mistwalker installed and working. Looking forward to playing it Smiley

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 04:55:26 PM »

Hi Mistwalker,

Thank you very much for this mod !!

I have downloaded it and I am testing it. Everything is working fine so far.

I also want to thank Lockie for all his work in the Steel Panzer Mod. He has also done and is doing a superb work.

Thank you very much to both of you for keeping Steel Fury alive. I really appreciate your work on this truly unique WWII tank sim  Cheesy

Txema

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 03:56:23 AM »

-Sights for Stug 3 modifications changed to real ones with adjusting cylinder

How can you go to the adjusting cylinder view in the Stug 3G ?
heidelbergensis
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »

A most excellent compilation is this, real simulated optics, very polished graphics, and everythink in a single pack....

It seems that all works without flaws.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 02:11:23 AM »

Txema for the Jagdpanther , which has fairly similar optics, I just use the + and - keys to adjust the reticle.I suspect that for the Stug it's the same.

And the fps are excellent too. Probably most of the models have 3 LODs now.

Excellent mod!
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 02:14:01 PM »

But there must be some way to see the adjusting cylinder to know the DISTANCE you are aiming at...

Any clue?

Txema
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 03:19:03 PM »

But there must be some way to see the adjusting cylinder to know the DISTANCE you are aiming at...

Any clue?

Txema

Now im gonna tell and show it so its fixed once and for all!

Im sorry for my uber video skillz, bad as always but you should get the idea behind the mechanics Cheesy

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 04:23:45 PM »

Thank you very much, Donken !!

But that does not work for the Stug III G... When I press the Ins or Del keys in the Gunner gunsight view, I don't get the adjusting cylinder view... I get a not valid view instead...

Could you please check it with the StuG III G?

Txema
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 05:03:55 PM »

You are correct Txema, another bugg for Mistwalker to fix Cheesy

EDIT: problem is stug3 doesnt get a valid interior go file in the coc_stug3g and also the interior for it doesnt have a texture on it.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 05:49:21 PM »

One bug I have is with the Hetzer.I cannot fire AP/HE shells at all.The 1 and 2 key don't work.I partly solved th eproblem by pasting the Hetzer Tech_cfg file from another install but I can only fire AP shells and from the 2 key?Huh? I checked the text and common res files and everything seems OK.Has anybody else experienced the same?
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 06:41:54 PM »

One little bug with the Mk II Matilda.

One of the AP shells of the Matilda (the AP MK II 40 mm) has its description as ? ? ?.

Please, check it !!

Txema
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:24:48 PM by Txema » Logged
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 08:56:27 PM »

Reported (and not reported) bugs are in the process of fixing. A fix wil be available soon, then the entire mod will be reuploaded. Thanks for testing!
heidelbergensis
Oberleutnant

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 11:20:54 PM »

Hi, Mistwalker...

A couple of suggestions for having a couple more of models with interiors; First, probably the interiors of the Pzkpfw IV G fit for the Pzkpfw IV H , with maybe a pair of minor inaccuracies (some loader opening port  that  should not be here  Wink)..Second, the "captured" Tiger I surely could receive also the same interiors that the others have...¿Is it possible for the patch?
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 12:45:51 AM »

Hi, Mistwalker...

A couple of suggestions for having a couple more of models with interiors; First, probably the interiors of the Pzkpfw IV G fit for the Pzkpfw IV H , with maybe a pair of minor inaccuracies (some loader opening port  that  should not be here  Wink)..Second, the "captured" Tiger I surely could receive also the same interiors that the others have...¿Is it possible for the patch?

I can not answer about the Panzer IV but im working on adding interiors to all the Tigers as we speak (and lods) =) Im also fixing all errors with the tiger interior. So those buggs are reported!

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 02:54:10 AM »

Hi, Mistwalker...

I can not answer about the Panzer IV but im working on adding interiors to all the Tigers as we speak (and lods) =) Im also fixing all errors with the tiger interior. So those buggs are reported!

I might try to "retrofit" the existing cockpits to the Panzer IVH and T-34 model 1942,
unless someone else would like to step up and do it,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
heidelbergensis
Oberleutnant

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 05:09:03 PM »

Hi,

I´ve tried to put the pzkpfw IV G in the pzkpfw IV H carcass, this is easy...but the current G cockpit has integrated on it the commander´s hatch and also the two frontal vision ports for the gunner and the loader. So, all of them "protrude" out of the externals of the panzer H and that means that the substitution is not as easy as I presumed.

Since  those animated hatches are already present on the externals for the panzer H, maybe it would suffice simply deleting them from the cockpit model of the G (and then  copy and rename it for the "h" model, in order to preserve the hatches on the "G" model).

I would try to find my way into the cockpit model myself...
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 01:14:21 PM »

Another possible bug in SPM 2.0:

The missions including the KV1e tank in the Mission_pack2.0 crash to desktop with SPM 2.0
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 01:38:14 PM »

I had the same problem.I solved it by installing and enabling the mission pack 2.0 .Kyth's missions work well though..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: