Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 05:55:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Panzer Mod 2.0  (Read 271202 times)
Antipov
Major

« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2013, 07:25:41 PM »

Oh, this is no good. I encountered this before. It will install the Mail.ru browser on Firefox and and Explorer. I was able to get it completely off of Firefox but it can't be gotten off of Explorer. only disabled. Is this even a download of the mod?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2013, 04:19:14 AM »

Oh, this is no good. I encountered this before. It will install the Mail.ru browser on Firefox and and Explorer. I was able to get it completely off of Firefox but it can't be gotten off of Explorer. only disabled. Is this even a download of the mod?

It'd be a good idea to get a browser like Google Chrome that offers an instant translation.
Like other download sites, there're a lot of bright shiny links - taking you where you dont want to go.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Oberst_Steiner
Oberleutnant

« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2013, 07:10:20 AM »

Hey guys,

I am pretty new to SF and completly new to this forum and have the following problem. I would really appreciate your help !

I play Steel Fury on OS X with Wine and the vanilla version works completly fine for me. Yesterday I tried to get Steel Panzer Mod 2.0, as described in this thread, to work. Everything went smooth, but some (rather most) of the missions don´t really work, sometimes i get the "001 error initialization program" error while loading or while already playing a mission, some work fine though. More seldom i get the "006 shader.." error, while just shortly in the game. As stated above, i did the installation as told in this thread supposedly in the right order and the Vanilla version works fine in the highest graphic settings. I installed the unofficial SF 0.1 Patch as well as SPM 2.0, the V2 and the V5.1 fixes and all activated them in JGSME.

Order:
0.1 unofficial SF Patch
SPM 2.0
SPM 2.0 V2 Fix
SPM 2.0 V 5.1 Fix

Altough i noticed that for example the StuG IIIG don´t have a proper cockpit, just a slightly flickering screen and the HUD. Is that on purpose because it is not implemented yet or something gone wrong on install ? Maybe this is a reason for some of the crashes !

Best regards and thanks a lot for your help,

Oberst_Steiner

P.S.

I am testing SPM ultimate 1.5 (http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10117.0) right now and see if I encounter the issues there too !
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2013, 07:21:44 AM »

Welcome Oberst Steiner! -- are you related to the other SteinerGrin

Regarding the StuGIIIG, indeed it does not have a proper cockpit. The flickering screen is as good as it gets. Use the Ins / Del key to access the default gunsight or viewport. 

As for the other CTD problems, I can't really advise.  But I know that every new mod version increases the load on the GPU!

Good luck!

"Yes."
Oberst_Steiner
Oberleutnant

« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2013, 07:30:15 AM »

Thanks for the quick and warm welcome Wink !

Well, Oberst_Steiner used to be my WW2 gaming name forever now and of course I have it because of all the memorable "Steiners" from movies and so on !

Regarding the crashes: i don´t think this is a GPU problem, as some missions do run very smooth and the issue is just adhered to some (all Tiger II missions e.g.). Isn´t there anything i could have done wrong with installing/patching/activating the mods ?

Best regards,

Steiner
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2013, 07:39:02 AM »

The mod installation order is not an issue; one thing to watch out for is the double-folder problem.
Take a look inside the MODS folder. Each mod is supposed to mimic the folder structure of the game files but sometimes things go haywire.
Check that none of the mods have another mod folder nested within - for example, 'XXXMod' shouldn't have another 'XXXMod' folder inside.

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2013, 07:56:06 AM »

Ahh Steiner as in the Steiner of Cross of Iron beautifully played by James Coburn?Huh? One of my favourites war films along with Apocalypse now, Full Metal Jacket, When Trumpets Fade( the battle for the Huertgen Forest) etc. Featuring real T34/85s( Yugoslav ones, and MG42s( Still used in the Balkans from captured Wehrmacht stocks) and MP40s....
Oberst_Steiner
Oberleutnant

« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2013, 08:11:08 AM »

Yes, him for example, great movie indeed ! Though he was a "Unteroffizier" wich is more like a corporal and not an "Oberst" (Colonel). Only thing about the T34/85 in the movie: the Soviets didn´t issue that tank at that time in 1943 fighting on the Kuban Bridgehead/Taman Peninsula, simply because it wasn´t available yet Wink

But back to topic: Any other suggestions on how to solve the CTDs ? One more thing: i always get errors in JGSME while activating the mods, that the different versions already altered data, but it´s supposed to be like that, right ?

Best Regards,

Oberst_Steiner
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:13:15 AM by Oberst_Steiner » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2013, 08:22:13 AM »

That's right, anytime you get the prompt, just click okay - that's the way JSGME works, by overwriting files. The beauty of this tool is, this process is reversible! Everything is tracked with a backup in JSGME.

About the movies, 90% of viewers wouldnt know the difference - its got tracks and a big gun therefore its a tank.  Grin

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2013, 08:29:10 AM »

Yeah I know they only became available in January 1944.The same about the German film "Stalingrad". They used T34/85s even though they did not appear on the East Front until one year later. The problem is that there are no running T34/43s nor T34/76 1941 model available....

Re the JSGME yes it's a warning that some mod may alter some other file.99% of the time it's no big deal but sometimes yes it can cause issues.

In my opinion the only real way to solve ctds would be to release a single mod incorporating all the various mods; Beta1.5, the Ultimate last version, SP 2.0 and NTA 1.7. Once all the mods are combined you'll have no duplication and no conflict. That's what I have been doing with my installs.  It's painstaking work and you have to be very meticulous to avoid missing files but ultimately it's rewarding. I would have loved to post for downloading but my fileshare account was hacked a few months ago and ever since I have been unable to upload anything. Angry

When I see screens on the forum of some JSGMEs with up to 10 different mods and missions pack enabled in a pyramid fashion, one of top of the other, my hair stand up!!!!  I am told that an all inclusive NTA1.7 might be in he works
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:37:39 AM by frinik » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2013, 08:33:37 AM »

And thats why the sequence of activation is all-important; having an old file overwrite a newer one is generally a bad move,

I remember that Rends had a setup like the one you describe, but it couldn't handle the larger battles without an occassional crash,

Hardware setup I mean,
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:57:32 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2013, 09:12:12 AM »

And thats why the sequence of activation is all-important; having an old file overwrite a newer one is generally a bad move,

I remember that Rends had a setup like the one you describe, but it couldn't handle the larger battles without an occassional crash,

Hardware setup I mean,

Okay I found something that's relevant to your case, it helps to detect any driver problems:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10126.0

"Yes."
Oberst_Steiner
Oberleutnant

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2013, 10:02:43 AM »

Thanks a lot ! Now I am almost sure it is a hardware/OSX port related problem and doesn´t have to do with the game itself !
Antipov
Major

« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2013, 10:56:03 AM »

Does anybody know of a reliable, current link to the Steel Panzer 2.0 mod? I and one other person are very interested to know the answer.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:58:11 AM by Antipov » Logged
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2013, 01:08:52 PM »

I'm uploading it now to 4shared...will take awhile though.
Antipov
Major

« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2013, 04:23:37 PM »

Many thanks! We are both old Steel Fury fans but our version of Steel Panzer is 1.4. Looking forward to all the new equipment! I was badly burned by Mail.ru, and did not want to deal with it again.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2013, 07:53:25 PM »

SP 1.4????Wow that's 4 years old! Welcome to the future! Grin
Antipov
Major

« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2013, 04:24:32 AM »

I know, but it beats the other stuff for accuracy and sheer immersion. Where else can you find a 1941 Model T-34 which can drive you crazy like the SF one? Trying to direct a tank platoon through a periscope is a heroic undertaking. Battling T-34s in a PzIVF L/24---a million laughs!

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2013, 06:31:44 AM »

Well, Antipov with the variety of equipment that the current NTA 1.7 mod offers not to mention the almost 100 different maps ( many you have to generate before you can use them) that you have available in the game you can have an unbelievable variety of scenarios. My advice I to start using the Mission Editor and make your own stuff. It's half the fun of this game.
Antipov
Major

« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2013, 10:01:35 AM »

Just started learning to use the other day. Quite a remarkable device. Comprehensive.

Just doing doing weapon's tests on all those tanks should keep me busy for a few months. I had to be away from my game computer for three years. Was good to get back to Steel Fury. Chepel is still a hard one for the T-34.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: