Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 09:30:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Panzer Mod 2.0  (Read 271816 times)
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2013, 08:02:02 AM »

oops! ... I missed out the v.2 fix...I thought it would be included in the v.5.1 fix Tongue
RodrigoCompai
Leutnant

« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2013, 02:21:45 AM »

Im having a problem,im using the JSGME to install the mods 0.1 unofficial SF Patch
SPM 2.0
SPM 2.0 V2 Fix
SPM 2.0 V 5.1 Fix
 but all my tanks are all Black,all of them,how can i fix it?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2013, 04:55:50 AM »

Textures missing most likely. Disenable them one by one and re-enable them. It should work.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2013, 05:30:08 AM »

One thing to look out for when using JSGME - the double-folder error.
Simply put, if you look in the MODS folder, each mod should be a faithful replication of the game's folder structure.
You should not see any nested folders within - for example, 'Supermegamod' should not have another 'Supermegamod' folder inside.

Another thing to look out for, if you're running Windows7 or later - do not install the game in the 'Program Files' folder. Strange stuff happens if you try modding with that.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:14:09 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Antipov
Major

« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2013, 06:52:07 PM »

Thanks for the help on the L/42 PzIII, frinik. Sorry I didn't get back earlier. I lost my forum password and the forum's "send you a new password system" didn't work for a couple days.

I have played many of the 2.0 missions. Whew. Quite a tour of the Eastern Front from 1941 to 1944. Extraordinary is the word.

Is there a fix for the backwards JS-2 turret position indicator?

I think the most unnerving mission is the one where the player has a dug-in JS-2. The unit he is with is supposed to slow a German attack so the Sov infantry can withdraw. Depending on variables, this can be bad, or unbelievably bad---like Tiger IIs charging around in a village and the JS-2s are shooting at them at grenade range! This is insane!
It is on my Top Ten list of classic virtual tank fights. I clobbered two once---one at about ten meters---and I consider this a miracle. Usually all the cats team fire on the dug-in guy, me, and I'm gone in the first second.

The other is the winter night battle for the L/60 PzIII. That can get pretty crazy depending how the variables go. Once my three reinforcing PzIIIs with headlights blazing turned out to be T-34s, and I was instantly blown to bits. Never take anything for granted in SF!

Really great stuff.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2013, 07:23:34 PM »

Is there a fix for the backwards JS-2 turret position indicator?

I am not sure what you mean? Are you talking about the fact that when you switch positions in the tank your gun-sight is not longer aligned with the gun? If it's what you are talking about just press the "O " key and you'll be realigned with the gun.

Yeah SF has great moments of pure immersion which is why that modest and somewhat obscure sim has managed to stay afloat and even thrived when others just faded into obscurity.
Antipov
Major

« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2013, 12:13:08 AM »

On my install the JS-2 has a turret position indicator which shows the reverse of the actual turret position. In other words, if the turret is at 12 o'clock (0 degrees) the indicator shows it at 6 0'clock (180 degrees), etc. This is really confusing in a brawl.
Lord_Haw-Haw
Major

« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2013, 01:13:32 AM »

On my install the JS-2 has a turret position indicator which shows the reverse of the actual turret position. In other words, if the turret is at 12 o'clock (0 degrees) the indicator shows it at 6 0'clock (180 degrees), etc. This is really confusing in a brawl.

compass in the upper right corner??? that's the error I'm getting
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2013, 06:00:26 AM »

Ok that s a new one. Try enabling the compass mod last in the. Jsgme. If you don t have it you can get it at the tanksim.org.ru website.It s a good place to get mods.
Lord_Haw-Haw
Major

« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2013, 06:03:44 AM »

Ok that s a new one. Try enabling the compass mod last in the. Jsgme. If you don t have it you can get it at the tanksim.org.ru website.It s a good place to get mods.

I was mistaken, it's working correct for me.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2013, 07:23:19 AM »

Here's the download link to the Compass Mod version 3.0: http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=15&lid=85
Antipov
Major

« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2013, 04:09:28 PM »

Thanks, frinik.

Missions for the PzIII keep popping up in the "Not Quiet on the Eastern Front" series. Just had "Over the River & Through the Woods" pop up. Promptly played. Avalanche of Sov armor came crashing down on my five German tanks. Annihilation! I was doing OK until my gunner, loader, and driver copped it---then I. These PzIII missions are tough. The one right before it is wild. Big arena. Crazy things happened.
Antipov
Major

« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2013, 04:16:39 PM »

Is there a playable T-34-76 Model 1943 somewhere in 2.0? Or in the mission builder?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2013, 05:20:18 PM »

Yes in the ME you have the 1943 T-34/76 available in units of 1 , 2 or 3 and even in the mixed units you have that model available with infantry.

Kyth's missions are excellent training. I always play them at balance 10; the toughtest! 8) I hate having it easy.In  fact in the last 4 years I 've never played under balance 10.In the ME I always set experience and morale at max to have more kick.
Antipov
Major

« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2013, 09:50:06 PM »

Man, you are the heavy cavalry. I get pulverized routinely at 5, though I have returned from a long leave of absence.

I hope Kyth does those L/42 missions. I might do some Barbarossa 1941 missions. Mtensk, October 1941, would definitely test the German to the limit. I just found a book which covers Mtensk very well from the German perspective. Think staring down the muzzles of very aggressive KV-1 1941s.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2013, 05:25:57 AM »

Well, I am a rather competitive guy. Never had it too easy in life so I like it tough games, sports, etc...I like testing myself. I am the kind of guy who if I have the choice between walking 5 kilometres to go to a place or taking my car or any means of transportation I'll take the walk even if it raining or cold...

BTW one of Kyth's missions took me 21 tries before I was able to win it at balance 10...Some missions I have never been able to win but I'll try until I succeed... Grin

Rend's Barbarossa campaign is a good one too. The most difficult missions ( not Rend's but in general) are those with the early stugs C/D or the Panzerjaeger I as you can't shoot long-range, their guns are not very effective against Soviet armour and they are vulnerable so you need to conceal and use tactics.
Antipov
Major

« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2013, 10:25:07 AM »

Yeah, I'll take a beating at a mission until I learn the tactics to win. I am still too much of a novice to set it at 10. Most of the time I use 2-2-5, which I understand is default. I will use 10 now and then. Sometimes I adjust the tactical skill rating depending on the period of the war. The T-34 Model 1941 is such a handful I don't need 10 on top of it, though that is what the real crews were often dealing with.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2013, 10:43:50 AM »

The T34 1040 or 41 models have high arm_frail value. I like to fight them with Panzer III L/60 at long range. The Panzer III has good optics and 2 or 3 well placed shells can disable/knock out a T34..... One of the toughest tanks in this game is the Sherman MA1/76.Hard to kill. Shocked
Antipov
Major

« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2013, 08:46:07 PM »

Whoops!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2013, 05:23:47 AM »

Yeah, I'll take a beating at a mission until I learn the tactics to win. I am still too much of a novice to set it at 10. Most of the time I use 2-2-5, which I understand is default. I will use 10 now and then. Sometimes I adjust the tactical skill rating depending on the period of the war. The T-34 Model 1941 is such a handful I don't need 10 on top of it, though that is what the real crews were often dealing with.

Some general advice on tactics! I vaguely remember something similar in Guderian's writings  Cheesy

- Assume a hull-down position vs enemy threats,
- Coordinate yr movements and those of yr platoon with the rest of your friendlies. It's always good to have massed firepower.
- Maneuver into flanking positions against enemy heavy armour, take side and rear shots whenever possible.
- Take out the main enemy threats first, mop up the others later
- Keep moving! Your mobility is as great an asset as your firepower and protection.

One additional piece of advice when playing my missions: The briefing and in-game messages generally give some hint on how to proceed - do not disable the in-game console messages!

Good luck!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: