Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:40:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Panzer Mod 2.0  (Read 271191 times)
Antipov
Major

« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2013, 09:28:04 PM »

When a tank was bogged, like my T-34 was, and somebody we could not see had us zeroed-in, we were dead. There was only one solution---BAIL! The game needs a bail toggle. No need for a perfectly good crew to be turned to hamburger for no reason. There ought to be a penalty for losing a crew needlessly (Commissar shoots you instantly?!). I probably would have been shot for bogging my tank with mitigating circumstances, maybe, for blasting a few panzers.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #181 on: October 02, 2013, 03:56:11 AM »

Grin

As a tactical alternative, you could try trading shots with your adversary. Your chances are even.  Cheesy

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #182 on: October 02, 2013, 06:12:30 AM »

Don't worry Antipov in the Stalinist scheme of thinking there are 4 options:

- You bail out and they'll shoot you for being a petit-bourgeois defeatist

- you get your tank mired in mud they'll shoot you for being a capitalist saboteur

- you kill a few panzers and win the battle they'll shoot you because surely you must be a fascist spy to be able to win so easily

- you don't do any of the above then they'll shoot you for being a trotskiite opportunist and an enemy of the people.
 Grin

I can see your point but frankly even if your crew bails out it's game over for you.Then once your crew bails out it will likely be mowed down by enemy tanks since the AI often tends to stupidly kneel and stand by their destroyed vehicle for a long time before taking off....  That being said in an fps like Arma , R.O. or BF2 I can see the usefulness of bailing out as you can keep fighting but in SF?Huh??
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:14:10 PM by frinik » Logged
Antipov
Major

« Reply #183 on: October 02, 2013, 03:50:29 PM »

I just hate to see the poor buggers get blown to smithereens!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2013, 05:15:27 PM »

Teary Eyes sentimentalist! Grin  SF is not for you; try a Farming simulator instead! 8)
Antipov
Major

« Reply #185 on: October 03, 2013, 02:33:05 AM »

I am reading the complete works of Lenin to obliterate bourgeois sentimentality.
Antipov
Major

« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2013, 02:46:19 AM »

Trading shots? No, I just shot that Panzer to pieces. The "fascists" got their revenge, though, I couldn't see who was shooting at me---just like that unlucky Panzer with me. Chepel is a dirty mission. Hit and run.

I just had a good time with Rents Prochorovka for the SU-122. I was hiding behind a rise, probably the last Sov left, waiting in ambush. Earlier it sounded like Jurassic Park: BOOOOM BOOOOOOM BOOOOOOOOM BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!! Tigers everywhere. Sov wrecks everywhere. I was in a turretless. I could not even pop up in this thing. The only thing to do was stay in a good hiding spot and wait. And wait. Thunderous growling. Would it come into my firing arc? A Panther rolled over the hill, gun down, seemed to look at my SU, and say "whoops." I gave him 122 AP at point-blank, and he slowly slinked away in reverse over the rise. My mistake was in pursuing. As soon as I crested the rise somebody blasted me.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 02:50:36 AM by Antipov » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2013, 06:12:54 AM »

If I didn't know any better I'd say that Rends' SU-122 mission is an attempt at recreating a kamikaze flight. Trying to take out loads of better armoured tanks, with better optics, a better field of view and twice the amount of shells with a thing that can only shoot low-velocity shells with reload times long enough for you to take a nap... Roll Eyes. Grin My own tactic ; I changed the player's tank to a KV-1S to have at least a decent fighting chance.
Antipov
Major

« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2013, 07:32:55 PM »

Well, his OB is dead wrong for Prochrovka---no Panthers in the SS Panzerkorps. I don't even know if there were KV-1Ss there. All the heavies might have been Churchills. And, being stuck with T-34 Model 1941s! Still, it is a good romp. I drastically changed my usual T-34 tactics after a wild charging AI T-34 got so close to my Panther he was under the barrel length. We couldn't shoot him---I was backing up and he hit our flank with a shot and we were toast, literally---and he repeated the feat on the Panther with me, dumb, blind beasts that we are. So I charged with a T-34---I ended up charging the length of the Prochorovka map! A track was finally destroyed. I was fortunately sited amidst a bunch of wrecked PzIVs. I played dead until a PzIV and Panther called my bluff. Fortunately not at the same moment. Got both of them. Six HE to the mantelet spalled the crew to death on the Panther, I suppose. We lived. What a day.

The ideal Sov solution at Kursk is to have one of the 80 or so SU-152s "Animal Killers."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2013, 08:22:34 PM »

MMMM the so called " Beast Killer" ; just 20 shells and at least 20 seconds to reload....

Re the Panthers remember it's game and the guys take some liberty with history so the newly introduced models( I think the Ausf. D had just been introduced into SF when Rends made his missions) can be played. I remember being very excited when they finally modeled a Panther in game as it's my fav tank. Prior to that we only briefly had the "Forbidden" Panther Ausf G modelled for another game and not compatible with any Steel panzer Mod.... Roll Eyes
Antipov
Major

« Reply #190 on: October 03, 2013, 10:18:40 PM »

True. The SU is like hunting lions with a blunderbuss. I like the mod Panther but Grossdeutschland had the independent Panther reg attached to it, the D had a binocular sight (as did the early Tigs), and the turret training was slow on the D. I can live with it. It is my favorite German tank, too. I just broke through all the Sov defenses with my platoon mate Panther. Road was clear to Prochorovka---"Mission Failed." Agggghhh.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #191 on: October 04, 2013, 05:39:48 AM »

Here's something to comfort you ! The link to NTA 1.7:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/upload

If you are requested to give a user name and password just PM me.

I wish the Germans had had time to manufacture the Panther II. So we could have in it in SF. 
....Imagine; the speed of a Panther with the power of the KwK43.... Shocked
In real life though it would have amounted to nothing, shortages of fuel, Allies jabos everywhere, no logistical support left.

That being said I detest playing the Sov tanks except the KV-1s and KV-85. Some of the early tanks were not bad though and the T-70 also.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 06:47:26 AM by frinik » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #192 on: October 04, 2013, 05:45:22 AM »

Well, his OB is dead wrong for Prochrovka---no Panthers in the SS Panzerkorps. I don't even know if there were KV-1Ss there. All the heavies might have been Churchills. And, being stuck with T-34 Model 1941s! Still, it is a good romp.

One mission with something more representative of the time period is 'Tiger01' by yl9961027.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Antipov
Major

« Reply #193 on: October 04, 2013, 04:59:47 PM »

Will try, Kyth!
Antipov
Major

« Reply #194 on: October 06, 2013, 12:27:53 AM »

Apologies for the lateness of this. Congratulations to everybody responsible for Steel Panzer 2.0. I think it is a magnificent addition to Steel Fury, which I think remains the finest WWII tank simulator. With Steel Panzer 2.0 it is even better.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #195 on: October 06, 2013, 06:10:14 AM »

Great new mod indeed with SP mod 2.0 and NTA 1.6/1.7 .I think NTA is now the best of the 2 and this is in large part to Lockie's unending hard work and dedication! Smiley
Antipov
Major

« Reply #196 on: October 07, 2013, 10:17:18 PM »

Great work, Lockie!
jokash
Oberleutnant

« Reply #197 on: November 03, 2013, 09:44:36 AM »

Just disovered these mods and IM LOVING THEM

so whats the difference between this and SPM(NTA) 1.7.

...encoutered just one crashing bug for now on mission hold v Kolavkovo on mission pack 1.1.
The error comes at 98-99% loading and it reads

Exception core:
001: Error initialization program.

Also which mission contains the pz 4 h (the one with the side skirts i cant seem to find it)
I instaled all three mission packs

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:53:51 AM by jokash » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #198 on: November 03, 2013, 09:19:50 PM »

There' no mission with the Panzer Iv Ausf. H in the Mission Pack 1.0. Only in the 2.0c
mteuling
Oberleutnant

« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2014, 09:49:36 AM »

Hello Friends,

I am new to this forum, i am playing steel fury for a couple of years now , also installed a few mods, but i'm a little lost regarding the mods , i recently installed a mod called NTA 1.8 allong with 3 mission packs , so now here is this mod SPM 2.0 ,so now what? my question is : can you have both NTA and Steel panzer mod enabeled , or is it SPM instead of NTA ?

I hope somone can carify this
Thanks.

Michel.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  

Jump to: