Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 10:46:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Panzer Mod 2.0  (Read 271214 times)
Philip Von Webber
Oberleutnant

« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2014, 02:23:01 PM »

Hello all;
First I would like to thank all of the modders for all of their hard work. I bought the game two weeks ago and started adding mods, I have been looking for a good tank sim for a long time.
I am testing this 2.0 mod. The first two mission packs are installed through JSGME v. 2.60.157, however the 3.X doesn't register at this time.
Another strange thing is in the graphics-when in the external view there are "clear" gaps through the haze and smoke.
I'll try to get some pics of this.
As for the battles fought they are intense, I lose more than I win. In a few of the mission the 40-MM AP rounds are very effective vs the Mk.IV from the front at long range.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2014, 04:48:00 AM »

Welcome to the forum Philip! The Steel panzer Mod 2.0 is 15months old and obsolete. It has not been updated since at least January 2013 and its main proponent has not given any sign of life for over a year.The current , up-to-date, mod is the NTA 1.8( came out in Jan 2014). with the April 2014 update.Just look at the sticky above the one of the SP mod 2.0.
Philip Von Webber
Oberleutnant

« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2014, 10:00:08 PM »

Thanks frinik on the info about Ver 2.0. I shall stop testing. I do have the latest mod that you said and have installed.  It's a great game. I miss the laser rangefinder and thermal sights that M1 Tank Platoon II had, but there are some quick and dirty ways around the use of the range finder on both Russian and German tanks to get first round "kills".
Thanks again...
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #223 on: May 20, 2014, 04:52:18 AM »

The SPM 2.0 was a great mod and it's unfortunate its development was not followed through.You can still use it ( I have an installation with it)but it's not compatible with the current Mission Pack although Mission Pack 1.0c and 2.0 might be compatible.

Funny I don't miss that rangefinder and thermal sights that I use with Steel Beasts. For me using your eyes and MG tracer bursts to estimate distance to the target is more challenging. Grin

Muley
Oberleutnant

« Reply #224 on: January 26, 2016, 07:23:44 PM »

Has anyone got an alternitive link to download this mod?

My country (uk) is blocked. It says it's a virus etc etc
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #225 on: January 27, 2016, 07:32:27 PM »

If it's SPM you're after, try here:

http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=15

Links to 4Shared (same site as used by STA) - the correct d/l button is the one on the left of the row (Download - Share - Add to my account'..

Like Frinik, I have stopped playing SPM since STA became available, didn't see much point. STA's the one to go for, expecially with more NW European AFVs and missions becoming available.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #226 on: January 28, 2016, 01:03:52 PM »

I've added mirror links.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  

Jump to: