Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 08:00:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Assuming direct control" aka Tank sim mode?  (Read 11535 times)
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« on: January 05, 2013, 08:10:44 PM »

I noticed that there are still allot of people playing and modding steel fury so a tank sim mode would probably be a welcome addition to apos.  No cockpits or stuff just the sabow interface slapped onto some of the apos tanks, might attract some of the steel fury players over.  Unless you're making a steelfury 2 ofcourse!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 09:32:14 PM »

I noticed that there are still allot of people playing and modding steel fury so a tank sim mode would probably be a welcome addition to apos.  No cockpits or stuff just the sabow interface slapped onto some of the apos tanks, might attract some of the steel fury players over.  Unless you're making a steelfury 2 ofcourse!
Of course no  Grin.
Tactics is a tactics but tanksim is a tanksim.
No need to mix this different game mechanics.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 10:18:15 PM »

Ok, any desire at graviteam to make another ww2 tank sim?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 12:07:24 PM »

Ok, any desire at graviteam to make another ww2 tank sim?

To make one, we need finances. And since the tank simulators are not profitable for developer, these funds must be somewhere to take from a side or pick from of our other projects. Under the first - no any proposals, second of course we will not do.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 10:58:06 AM »

No need to mix this different game mechanics.

with no new ww2 tank sim in the planings it would be better than no tank sim at all.. Roll Eyes

you could sell it as an addon to "graviteam tactics" like dcsA10 and the other projects(black shark, P51 etc..)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 01:10:37 PM »

with no new ww2 tank sim in the planings it would be better than no tank sim at all.. Roll Eyes
We can plan different, but as it happens in reality is another conversation.

you could sell it as an addon to "graviteam tactics" like dcsA10 and the other projects(black shark, P51 etc..)

To sell something we must first do something. How then, when it is made ​​to sell the importance of minor matters.

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 01:45:34 PM »

We can plan different, but as it happens in reality is another conversation.

To sell something we must first do something. How then, when it is made ​​to sell the importance of minor matters.

Do IT!.  Do it!.  Just needs more hooks than just a tank sim.  But still, who knows about sales.  But have you ever gotten sales numbers from SABOW?  For all you know they sold 100000 copys.  Cheesy

Yabba dabba do
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 07:12:33 PM »

Funny, I put a very similar posting on SimHQ, I'd love to see them combined in this way.

"throw in a decent dynamic campaign and I'd be very happy. When I play APOS I find myself thinking it's be great to jump into simulation from tactical mode and when I'm playing Steel Fury I find myself thinking wouldn't it be great to have proper control over other units and their tactics and in both cases I think wouldn't it be great to be part of a decent ongoing campaign and not a series of stand alone (Steel Fury) or limited turns (APOS) missions/scenarios. IMHO Graviteam make both excellent Simulations and Tactical games, a "melding" of the two would be fantastic. I know that "one man's meat is another man's poison" as the saying goes but a good Strategic level campaign level sitting above a good Tactical level (APOS) and good Simulation level (Steel Fury) game would appeal to many others but traditionally there are few example of mixing these sub-genres. One either has to play a Strategy game shuffling counter around a map type games or simulation type games where one gets involved in the action at one level or another."

A realy pity that Graviteam doesn't like the idea of combining tactical and simulation in the same game Sad

Regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 07:42:18 PM »

A realy pity that Graviteam doesn't like the idea of combining tactical and simulation in the same game Sad

Do two things having only the resources for half it is very short-sighted decision and leads to buggy glychy game that will not be interesting to play.

Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 08:07:14 PM »

I understand Andrey, IMO, you guys make superb sims and superb tactical games but I understand that you have limited human resources and budget, just that I've waited years for a game that combines both and incorporates a good dynamic campaign Smiley and I admire what you've achieved in both APOS and SF.

Kind regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 02:25:42 AM »

In thoery I love this idea aof combining.  But I do think it would be too much for most.  But I still like my idea of APOS lite in SABOW.  That is being able to control units when tanks are not present in missions at the least, but from a command vehicle or command post with no GOD camera. Or of course.....decideing to that instead of controling tank.  Although not sure why you would do that.   Undecided  As I posted on SIMHQ.  Also throwing in LEGIT arty spotter, player air controller units, scouts and maybe some random AT units would round out a complete armored warfare SIM.  While I WOULD do player controled dismounted people.  I would NOT do infantry  type stuff.  That is to much scope and better done with just that being focus.  That would be my dream game from ww2 to modern armored warfare sim. 

Although more FPS type deal would be my 1st choice for dismounted guys.  Even a 3rd person over the shoulder cam dismounted could work.  It also would mean that experieced tank crews you may want to try and save from getting killed, wounded, or captured with an abilty to get them a new tank later. 

So I would say build new tank sim as per sabow/k42.  Then do an addon/DLC with each feature or muliple features later.  Like SCOUTS!  No one knows just what they do or how they do it.  But its vary interesting mission.  Requires being sneaky as well as being able to conduct counter scout mission.  And the abliity to call arty on stuff while getting intel back to the main body of force so the tanks know what to go do with themselves. 

Oh and one last thing.  BIGGER cells for more manuver during battles.  Its 2KM by 2kM up to 9 now.  I would do 3km or even 4km depending on land type.  Although 4km x 9 cells is ALOT.  But 3km for tanks and wheeled tracked vehicles at the max of 9 celles would be what?    Of course that means fewer cells for tactical overlay.  OR way more time to make. 

AND NO MORE BAD PUBLISHERS!.  Self publish or find a non arse sim/tactical game publisher.  Ya WAY easier said than done.  I think being in Ukraine may hurt finding a good western publisher a bit.  IE.  Not like you can jump in a car or invite a niche publisher to come visit vary easy.  Doing on the cheap is more possible but most people like hotal beds and nice rented cars and crap.  Man that get expensive fast. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:54:09 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Shadrach
Major

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 11:02:55 AM »

Personally I would also prefer Graviteam made a APOS-like tactics version of SABOW rather than a simulator of APOS.

It would be awesome, since I love the setting of the battles in SABOW and would love to have a commander's view of the battlefield  8)

It really shouldn't be that much work for for Graviteam as well, since the maps, resources etc is already there, just put a APOS UI on it and remove the sim part Wink
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 03:39:41 PM »

Last time I heard in SimHQ, a tactical game set during the Ogaden War (1977-78) was in the planning stages...
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 04:57:50 PM »

I think combining tank sim with APOS (which SABOW actually already is, but in different era) is a bit overwhelming. The player has a bit too much to do, because he much control both his tank and other units too (to me SABOW feels more like command vehicle simulation). Maybe in the future when AI is more advanced and with more automated features this approach works better. Otherwise SABOW works great and would be a nice pure tactical game too - or APOS would be a nice tank sim too. First person infantry commander might also work. Smiley However, developers' resources are always limited and I hope that they keep focused on one project at a time - no matter what they are working on. The result will be much better this way, I also think.
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 05:29:46 PM »

SABOW and other modern-era weapons simulations or tactical games don't interest me at all, that's not to say that the "concept" couldn't be used for both modern and WW2 era games.  A player doesn't need to be overwhelmed as he/she could play exclusively tactically a la APOS or purely simulation a la Steel Fury if wished or both if desired as per Wings Of victory where the player can run the campaign without flying, forget the campaign and just fly or do both.

Regards

Aces
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:36:27 PM by Aces » Logged

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 08:03:03 PM »

I have to agree with Aces; most modern conflicts are rather boring to play in a simulator, and they lack the fury of the 40's and 50's.

A "Battle for Pusan" addon would be absolutely perfect, IMO. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: