Graviteam
April 26, 2024, 08:39:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Planes  (Read 3446 times)
Anon052
Oberleutnant

« on: January 11, 2013, 04:47:12 AM »

What is the best way to use planes/air spotters?

I don't remember my planes did ever any damage since starting to play APOS. At the moment I'm playing the krasnaya polyana campaigns on german side and I have an air spotter with ju 87. The one battle I could use the plane was vs. 4 KVs and several t70s. The planes did attack only two times out of their 4 min window and they did hit nothing as ever.
I don't know I'm always assuming that the planes are more dangerous. How effective are your planes? Do they ever hit?

Usually I call the planes at the preorder phase so that I reduce the waiting time. But is this the best way to use them because often there are no targets to see at the start of battle?

Questions: do the air spotters have to see a target so that the planes strike more accurately? Is there any way to chose prefered targets for the planes e.g. tanks instead of infantry?
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 05:02:16 AM »

I've seen them and the massive destruction they have caused. I may be wrong but I believe that the planes do a flyover to pick a target and then attack it. They have attacked troops in areas that were unknown to me at the time and no units were spotted yet. I think it shows the troops being bombed at that time but I am not 100% certain.

No on the direction of targets iirc.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 07:53:39 AM »

I don't know I'm always assuming that the planes are more dangerous. How effective are your planes? Do they ever hit?
About 1-3% hit dangerous for vehicles in combat formations. Its from WWII statistic.
Aircraft works well by march columns or in the suppression purposes.
In game the same trend, but hit level is about 10%+ that's a overpowered, and maybe in the future patches effectiveness will be reduced.

If you want to recommend the targets for aircraft through airspotters, assign to them priority targets during air operation, they highlight this targets by flares.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:55:43 AM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:04:35 AM »

About 1-3% hit dangerous for vehicles in combat formations. Its from WWII statistic.
Aircraft works well by march columns or in the suppression purposes.
In game the same trend, but hit level is about 10%+ that's a overpowered, and maybe in the future patches effectiveness will be reduced.

If you want to recommend the targets for aircraft through airspotters, assign to them priority targets during air operation, they highlight this targets by flares.

I never seen a stuka hit anyting with its bombs but the ground.  Everything else I will try and hide my guys.  Even the cute little biplane.  Its more dangrous than the stuka even.   Tongue  IN my expeience.  And they are not effective (that effective) at killing vehicles.  Static stuff like at guns or infantry in the open......well it can be bad......or good depending which side.

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: