Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 05:33:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Infanty Vs Tanks question  (Read 25259 times)
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2013, 10:01:53 AM »

It was added in Steel Fury (at least explosions could damage view slits of player's tank), so it's possible it's added in APOS as well. I doubt it though, because I've never seen it in damage reports nor I remember seeing it in SABOW (except for optics).
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2013, 12:12:11 PM »

It was added in Steel Fury (at least explosions could damage view slits of player's tank), so it's possible it's added in APOS as well. I doubt it though, because I've never seen it in damage reports nor I remember seeing it in SABOW (except for optics).
All sights and optics can be damaged in GTOS/SABOW from APK43 times. And soldiers and MGs shots to optics in tanks or armored vehicles.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2013, 06:12:41 PM »

All sights and optics can be damaged in GTOS/SABOW from APK43 times. And soldiers and MGs shots to optics in tanks or armored vehicles.

Well I stand corrected.  I assumed that since in SABOW I never had or saw damaged view devices it was not present.  Ya in K42 I do remember this vary well. 

Yabba dabba do
Barleyman
Oberleutnant

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2013, 05:15:53 PM »

Well I don't know what kind of euphoria there is in western society about "special forces" and practical perspective of wars

(much) Better training and by far better stock of soldiers to work with, seeing these guys are "handpicked" from the regular troops. It's again this minority of people who can act rationally under extreme stress. Plus of course do exceptionally well in physical and mental tasks soldiers require. In our drafted army which trains majority of the fit male populace, jaegers get adequate training, guerillas pretty good and 2nd line troops such as transportation not so much.

, but you can be sure that being pushed to the end, and fighting back for your own life is a life changing experience, you would see countless of profiles becoming killers in most gruesome way, not because they were "natural born killers" but because of the circumstance they were in, because of self-preservation.

You misunderstand. Some people are just naturally good killers, there is no need to "quote" it. Of course it's not about killing, it's about resistance to stress, lessened self preservation and other qualities. It's also about as unusual as being left-handed, or a boxer who's very difficult to knock out. I do not really mean (only) psychopaths either although they tend to do naturally well in dangerous professions.. It is possible to train people to act in a certain way through rigorous training, just as americans have managed to get majority of infantrymen to use their weapon in anger. Even if you have the nerves, you may just suck at soldiering otherwise too.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:28:23 PM by Barleyman » Logged
Barleyman
Oberleutnant

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »

There were not only blind zones of fire but also blind zones of observation, that's for sure.
Despite all these "viewing points" visibility and awareness once the hatches were closed was miserable.

You also do not have enough eyeballs inside the tank to keep an eye on each little slot considering you have a tank to run! Something like stryker with a platoon of soldiers peering out of shooting ports is a bit different.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: