Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 08:11:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems downloading SFK1942  (Read 3436 times)
ontos
Oberleutnant

« on: January 04, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »

My son tried to download SFK1942 onto my PC which has Windows 7, 64bit, he downloaded into the program files which as I noted is a NO, NO. Long story short after the download he right clicked the icon for the game and went to the "troubleshoot compatibility", then "Try recommended settings". Now when I open the game I have to open it as admin, which I didn't have to do before, then it puts a little file folder in my task bar at the bottom of the screen which has a red flash mark in the upper right hand corner. When I close the game I lose my cursor. Can anyone suggest a way I can get out of this settings mode and reload the game.

I tried deleting the game and reloading it but it still goes into the recommended settings mode with the file in my task bar. I am not real sharp when it comes to this stuff with computers Embarrassed

Just for info, I had SFK loaded on my old vista machine and it worked great, I guess I'm just having a senior moment  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:41:39 PM by ontos » Logged
ontos
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:35:56 PM »

OK, got it working, well kind a, still have to play with the graphics.  Grin
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 01:53:45 AM »

Normallyyou don't even have to apply the compatibility settings.Most games I installl tend to default to Windows XP package 3.AS for the incon for your game all you have to do to have it pwermanently on your screen is to right click on the starter folder in yoru game main folder and chose the " send to desktop" option.Then you 'll have a permanent starter icon. That game is almot 5 years old thus was created when Vista was the prevailing OS.It does work very well with Windows 7 as well. Now all you need to do is to bring your game up to date by installing to latest mods( Mod 2.0 is the latest one see the download link on the forum.
ontos
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 03:31:20 AM »

Thanks frinik, greatly appreciated. I just got my video and everything working great, now get those mods loaded.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: