Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 12:56:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: SF Likes and Dislikes  (Read 26248 times)
woofiedog
Major

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2013, 01:21:43 PM »

Quote... Yes there's infantry in TvsT but it's just for show.They're totally passive and do nothing except run around begging to be machine-gunned.SF's infantry is a tad better: it's more reactive and at least they crawl, throw grenades at you, hide in trenches,shoot, run away from their tanks or positions although at times they just kneel waiting to be slaughtered.

Yes... in the Bug River mission there is a German soldier crawling across the bridge going into the attack the Soviet Checkpoint. LoL

Both games SF and TvT the infantry basically are lambs of slaughter for the tanks. With SF infantry being able to shoot the anti-tank rifle and lob a grenade here and there at you. But if you wanted an infantry game you would be playing Medal of Honor, Brothers in Arms or one of the many other related games.

As I stated before...  SF now has a complete advantage as far as tanks/vehicles playable selection and also with the maps and terrain features along with the added seasons. And one item that Panzer Elite has over SF & TvT is that you are better able to direct other units to attack a target or etc. Although with TvT you do have a wingman that follows along with you into attack and with SF you can direct units to an area for attack.

And also just recently did update my Panzer Elite setup.  Grin
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:57:34 PM by woofiedog » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2013, 02:12:33 PM »

after reading your post Mukrz I just registered for Heroes and Generals. I am curious to see what kind of game it is.Battleground Europe looks too old for me...

If only Panzer Elite could be modernised and brought up to SF or TvsT's standards Shocked

There 's something promising coming up worth watching:http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3719084/War_Thunder_Tanks#Post3719084
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:16:55 PM by frinik » Logged
starnon
Oberleutnant

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2013, 03:37:07 PM »

Heroes and Generals looks promising. I used to play WWIIOL/BE a few years ago, it was great then but I tried to go back to it recently but it had lost its appeal with me.

Ah, another dislike with SF, and maybe it's due to the massiveness of the mods, is the very slow mission loading times. It does take forever on my machine and it feels like being back in the days of my old 486 trying to load EF2000!
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 01:11:03 AM »

I tried the H&G beta awhile ago I wasn't really impressed to be honest.

Loved RO years ago..was very disappointed with RO2

I do understand about the Inf in SF and it's a Tank sim which is obvious so saying if you want Inf in the game you need to play a FPS seems abit odd. I love seeing the Inf charge and shooting at the other Inf as it all adds to the immersion...thats what i like about SF the atmosphere and the Inf really make it all feel like a huge battle, whether they are very effective Tank killers is beside the point, they attack villages and attack the enemy soldiers. I heard TvsT didn't have that. So does it have Inf fighting other Inf all around or not?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 01:33:18 AM »

StuG808 what kind of processor do you have?

Some missions take a buit of time but overall it's quite quick for me!

R.O. 2 has had some improvements according to what I read on their forum.I think it's a work in progress. I am planning on getting it as the price looks right. It will be a nice change of pace from playing BF3 MP .

Infantry can kill the fps like nothing else in SF.Even shelling and putting aircraft does not affect fps as much as adding soldiers .

Yes in SF you can make missions with infantry attacking other infantry or AT/Artillery positions  and I agree with you it's fun to have hundreds of soldiers moving on and stroming a village or fortified point but sadly enough , unless you have a monster pc, the fps become so low that yopu have to limit your ambition to a couple of platoons on either side  if you wnat to have tanks/spgs/apcs and guns as well. SP Mod 2.0 has improved the fps situation somewhat but still...In TvsT the ME is a mystery thus you have to rely on what's in the stock missions or what Zeewolf is doing for cash but he  is not focussing on infantry veyr much.
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2013, 11:58:04 AM »

Battleground Europe looks too old for me...

I have to agree with you on that point it is not the prettiest game but we have so little choice.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2013, 12:54:33 PM »

True enough! I wish we could have online WW2 game with Crysis1/2/3 or Arma2/3 graphics, Iron Front Lib maps, Steel Fury ME, Panzer Elite's tank models, R.O or WWII online's gameplay and I think I'd satisfied! Am I asking too much Huh? Grin
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2013, 02:01:57 PM »

Don't forget Steel Beasts excellent mission planner Smiley

As a heads up CloD (Cliffs of Dover) Mod Team Fusion have managed to make the tanks playable in an unreleased mod.

Very early days but with massive potential for us tankers Smiley

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?3431-WIP-Playable-Vehicles-and-Tanks

For more info.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2013, 03:43:49 PM »

Yes CloD look spromising but apparently it's suffering from lots of bugs....

Heroes and Generals I tried but after an hour I uninstalled; poor graphics and the gameplay was more like CoD2 MP. I play BF1942 free to play once in a while and I find it better and more interesting than Hs & Gs. My opinion though....
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: