Graviteam
April 26, 2024, 05:28:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what can be better in Graviteam Tactics?  (Read 4579 times)
Veteran66
Hauptmann

« on: October 07, 2013, 05:26:12 PM »

I read Andrey`s post on SimHq
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3847073/Re_GTMF_Graviteam_Tactics_Mius#Post3847073
"Tanksims now is dead genre"

My option: what can be better in Graviteam Tactics?
I play the new "GTOS: Shilovo 1942" and i like it, my wishes is to command a Tank, PAK or Sdkfz.
So the Graviteam must only add a iron sight like binocular or Scherenfernglas for the selected vehicle and a possibility to command: forward, back, right, left and shoot to.....
so you have a more "in Battle" feeling.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 05:37:49 PM »

I play the new "GTOS: Shilovo 1942" and i like it, my wishes is to command a Tank, PAK or Sdkfz.
So the Graviteam must only add a iron sight like binocular or Scherenfernglas for the selected vehicle and a possibility to command: forward, back, right, left and shoot to.....

We have not dropped that case off at all. But it is a whole lot more reasonable than tanksim.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Veteran66
Hauptmann

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 06:02:44 PM »

We have not dropped that case off at all. But it is a whole lot more reasonable than tanksim.

it is a tactic at lower level (Commander Simulation)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 06:04:20 PM by Veteran66 » Logged
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »

it is a tactic at lower level (Commander Simulation)

Now, that would make an interesting game. I think SABOW was partly like that (especially if you'll ask from mr. Flashburn  Smiley).

In my personal vision, the commander simulation would be a separate game from GT series. The basics would be like in GT, but with some exceptions:

- Player takes the position of highest commanding officer in the battlefield. No flying around battlefield or telepathic jumping between commander minds.
- Smallest controlled unit is platoon. No squad micronamagement. Even in GT the invidual squad command is useless (or too much), when the player is commanding a whole battalion.
- No squad markers on the map, only platoon markers.
- "Simplified" and more automated command system. Platoon AI automatically manages its squads according to modifiers/orders given by the player.
- Reduced situational awareness. Wire links, radios, messengers, flares, etc. are required to get information from battlefield (otherwise the game would be GT played from the 2D map). This will force player to stay near subordinates to conduct battle effectively instead of hiding somewhere.

Sounds even more interesting now. Smiley

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 01:00:11 PM »

- Smallest controlled unit is platoon. No squad micronamagement. Even in GT the invidual squad command is useless (or too much), when the player is commanding a whole battalion.
- No squad markers on the map, only platoon markers.
In Mius is micromanage level climb to platoons (from squads in GTOS), and in other side descend to teams (from squads in GTOS) Smiley

And if a hypotetically tank modules is present, they will be as a separate game mode (not mixed with wargame) and a more crew simulator (as in real world) rather than tank simulator.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: