Graviteam
April 26, 2024, 03:51:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: DLC ''Operation Hooper'' (released 28.03.13)  (Read 52703 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2013, 06:25:02 PM »

My Operation Hooper file size is 1.37 GBs.I downloaded and installed March 2013 patch 1st then downloaded the Operation Hooper to a new folder and then unpacked it as RAR to same folder and then opened the game updater selected all files so the desc. would appear than selected the desc. and it installed the Operation Hooper DLC and worked fine for me with no problems.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:21:58 AM by Dane49 » Logged
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »

@nubjager
I have often seen Huh?Huh? when a font was not installed - especially in the case of non-latin characters.
Cyrillic will display as Huh??? so maybe there is a Russian component somewhere in your install? 
I'm guessing, but assume a mix of languages in patches & DLC would screw things up. 
The same could be true if there was a partial install of some component as it would be equally 'lost' when loading assets.
Just a thought.
nubjager
Oberleutnant

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2013, 10:28:49 PM »

@chashka17:
I was going to write a reply saying that I own an English copy of APOS and only installed English patches, until I noticed the filename for my March 2013 update: gtos_patch_march13_rus.gt2extension

Keyword there being 'rus'.

What a silly mistake, sorry to clog the thread. Smiley
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2013, 04:56:25 AM »

I was going to write a reply saying that I own an English copy of APOS and only installed English patches, until I noticed the filename for my March 2013 update: gtos_patch_march13_rus.gt2extension

That would definately be a problem Cheesy
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2013, 05:42:57 AM »

Maybe you have downloaded the English patch?

Well, theoretically:
Russian game = Russian patch
English game = English patch
rus = Russian
eng = English

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2013, 11:37:06 AM »

@chashka17:

What a silly mistake, sorry to clog the thread. Smiley

& I made the mistake of thinking a bunch of ?'s wouldn't create smileys...  Grin
& as to the rus file - at least it is an easy fix.  Wink
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2013, 05:23:27 PM »

Here's a 38 minute campaign gameplay video that mitralTA posted on Youtube for Operation Hooper.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:49:41 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2013, 05:06:43 PM »

Here is another Youtube  gameplay video for Operation Hooper.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2013, 08:32:33 AM »

It seems the guy on fire must have been a FAPLA Russian mercenary advisor,because once the flames consumed him and He expired the rest of these guys surrendered.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2013, 02:32:15 PM »

After several play hours since release, I think this is very good DLC. The different theme (battle area, weapons, vehicles) offers variety to the game.
Bayonet
Hauptmann

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2013, 12:45:12 PM »

I must agree with Lavish.  Nice to have a familiar engine, therefore a small learning curve and the ability to "timejump".  I'm barely into this one and just found out about (and bought) Shield of the Prophet.  Keep them coming GT.   Smiley
mnizara
Oberleutnant

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2013, 11:43:43 PM »

I could not download Hooper through gamersgate. Over 30 times trying to download it and it just finished prematurely without completing the 718MB(total file size). Bought this 3 days ago but still struggling with this download.

While attempting to search for solutions I found out one thing which I strongly believe could be the issue. The Hooper DLC in Gamersgate is in .RAR file and my PC could not handle that for reason I myself could not understand.

All 5 or 6 APOS patches ( including newest Aug patch) downloaded through Gamersgate are in .ZIP file and I never face any issue with that.

Are there anyone here could help me with this problem so that I can enjoy Hooper as much I enjoy APOS/GTOS? Furthermore I am crossing finger hoping Gamersgate would make Shilovo as .ZIP file as an alternative since I bought that too. If not I would be crying for not being able to play the best startegic war game out of my 100s wargame.

Regards
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2013, 12:41:32 AM »

Do you have the WinRAR program on your PC?

I down loaded Hooper directly to my desktop and unpacked it with WinRAR program as a RAR file.
Don't know if the problem is on your end or Gamersgates.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2013, 04:45:57 PM »

7 zip, small, fast and free archiver - unpack absolutely all.
http://www.7-zip.org/

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
mnizara
Oberleutnant

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2013, 11:39:14 PM »

Well the issue isn't in opening it but downloading it is a problem since it ends prematurely.

3 external downloaders + default firefox downloader + default internet explorer 9 downloader failed to download it.

However last night IDM ( Internet Download Manager ) manage to solve my issue and tested it a few minutes and it works
fine. 15 hours for 718MB...I think Gamersgate needs to take a serious look into it.

Thanks and issue is now resolved
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2013, 12:05:29 AM »

Glad you got it resolved. Smiley

Now that I recall,it took me a long time to download that DLC also.
Normally I can download a DLC in 15 minutes or less,but I think it took me over an hour for Hooper.
Gamersgate changed some things in the last 6 months and it isn't for the better.
mnizara
Oberleutnant

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2013, 11:05:48 PM »

My first campaign reached turn 11 but did not see any air spotter in my Angolan army, is that the true case? I thought they used several air strike against the SDF and Unita in real life?

My second question is that I tested in quick battle choosing air spotter for SDF and did not see aircraft instead SDF only send Aluotte helis. Anyone see any aircraft fighter for SADF?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2013, 11:53:57 PM »

Haven't really played the campaign much for Hooper,but I think the Cubans controlled the airstrikes during the battle.

As for SAR quick battles-I think you have to look to the SAR mech. company or battalion HQs to get impala jets.

Click on the last slot in the mech. HQ platoons that have the plane icon and the jets should appear in the reserves column,then click on them to add the air spotter to the HQ platoon.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:06:35 AM by Dane49 » Logged
mnizara
Oberleutnant

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2013, 02:53:40 AM »

Thanks but so far I could not see SAR Impala Jet in there for the Quick Battle. I only saw SA-316B "Aloutte"-3 Helicopters. Probably they are not there. As for Angolan in quick battle I could call in 4 Mig-23s using two air spotter. Wow! Fantastic
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2013, 03:03:14 AM »

Left click the last empty slot in the mech. HQ company or battalion for the SADF.
Then left click on airplanes in the reinforcement column it should show a pair of MB-326"Impalas".
Left click on them to add to the HQ platoon.

I just checked my game and they are there.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: