Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 07:40:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: DLC ''Operation Hooper'' (released 28.03.13)  (Read 52519 times)
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 11:45:24 PM »

I'm reading all the posts trying to build some excitement..but it isn't happening. I only hope some modern war of a more popular interest comes along..like alternative Cold War gone Hot..or even Falklands War I'd buy into..or Winter War (though maybe too much like WW2)...or Korea. Not sure about Vietnam due to the way the war was fought though. Angola and African bush wars really don't do it for me at all.

Still hope it sells well. Just wondering are these sorts of Wars (i.e Angola and other minor wars) more popular with Russians into military history?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2013, 11:52:53 PM »

I'm just starting to research this war.I have a couple books on the subject I bought 3 years ago,but never really got around to reading them and only 1 of them "32nd Batallion" covers Operation Hooper andPacker and not in much detail either.

I've yet to find an Authoritative source on the war like the Leavenworth Papers or even a writer with proven historical research credentials who may have written on this subject.

I never knew much about the wars in the Southern Part of Africa except for the articles in the Soldier of Fortune magazine I used to read long ago when I was in the Army.

I know more about the Boer War and have some very good books about that war,but the modern South African border wars are still pretty much an unknown and unresearched subject for me.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 07:18:18 AM »

The United States did the same thing in Laos and Cambodia during the Vietnam war.We could bomb,raid and operate special forces in those countries but were not allowed to occupy them for fear of widening the war.It seems South Africa was operating under the same principal.Bomb and raid-OK.Occupy-No,for fear of world wide condemnation and sanctions.
Well, nothing prevented them had occupied Mavinga - a nearby town for decades. And of course for Cuito there's a sort of "fear world wide condemnation and sanctions" appeared. Very strange, is not it?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 08:28:42 AM »

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:WdxY8pmx-oIJ:www.ajol.info/index.php/smsajms/article/download/55856/44320+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESh2nDi77YUd_HNz0ZgHHqApj7CbzFMHm-lFHw_Ibj2d2188oAZXoylZOndG1xExGvcTvZNb1HExWc2YGuWL6UXAEDvl_JIV0Oxq9LfSm_V43P3s6meJ8haTIP16AC4XxfKWC4m2&sig=AHIEtbQJ_VptNIRDQps-j_OIT0eW2kS1eQ

I linked this article earlier and I think it sums up the whole conflict in Angola rather well,without all the rhetoric and propaganda that seems to be presently attached to it.
Shadrach
Major

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 09:44:38 AM »

Woah, my dreams just came true  Shocked It's SABOW in APOS!  Grin
marseu
Oberleutnant

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 10:42:03 AM »

Do we will see Helicopters and jets in this DLC?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2013, 12:02:25 PM »

Hope so,this video of SABOW looks real cool and would love to see some of this in the new DLC.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2013, 03:24:01 PM »

Woah, my dreams just came true  Shocked It's SABOW in APOS!  Grin
No its Angola in GTOS.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2013, 08:38:45 PM »

For a Soviet view translated into English, try:

http://www.veteranangola.ru/main/english/Oral%20history
http://www.veteranangola.ru/main/english/zhdarkin1
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 02:02:58 AM »

Here's a video of the SABOW game with Angola scenery that looks very cool.

Are there going to be any T-62s in the new DLC for Operation Hooper-Packer?
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 02:19:56 AM »

Maybe if we see playable Cubans.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 02:42:25 AM »

It would be nice to see the Cuban army in the force mix,even if they didn't actively particapate in the Operations Hooper and Packer.I think it would be cool to use them in Quick Battles.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 05:30:00 AM »

It would be nice to see the Cuban army in the force mix,even if they didn't actively particapate in the Operations Hooper and Packer.I think it would be cool to use them in Quick Battles.

Yes please. Cheesy  Even without T62's. 

PLease release by Mar 22.  My B day........... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  And William shatners too.........  HMMMM phasers on maim please.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:31:57 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 05:33:52 AM »

Andrey mentioned there would be Cuban volunteers in the game,but I have no idea what He actually meant by that.
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013, 05:48:13 AM »

Cuban 50th Tank Division, just like in SABOW most likely.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2013, 06:35:30 AM »

Wonder how many of them actually volunteered to serve in Angola Grin
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2013, 06:46:52 AM »

Wonder how many of them actually volunteered to serve in Angola Grin

At 1st a bunch I am guessing.  Later hmmmmm.......... Undecided

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2013, 08:38:34 PM »

In Communist Cuba, the army volunteer YOU. Grin

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2013, 06:07:17 AM »

Russia forum quote by Andrey for description of Operation Hooper DLC.

"DLC release is rapidly approaching, so a small description of the conflict in which it will be illuminated. Belligerents: UNITA army supported South Africa, on the other hand, supported the Angolan army Cuban volunteers. UNITA, the rebel organization, which control whether the north-east of the country and supported by the U.S. (not South Africa!), Angolans with the Cubans, in turn, materially and experts supported the USSR. Nevertheless, the majority of weapons (especially heavy) from UNITA captured captured from the Angolan army, it means that the T-55 and BTR-60 will have one and the other. DLC shown in one of the battles during Operation Hooper (defense of Cuito Kvanavalle if the part of Angola.) will be 3 operations of the Angolan army (AI controls the Cubans) - 15 moves for UNITA - 10 turns, for South Africa - 6 turns. beginning is always the same - Angolan troops defeated and demoralized in previous battles (Operation Modular) and retreat to their base in the town of Cuito Kvanavalee UNITA + South Africa to chase and attack. Therefore, the Angolans will play defensively and UNITA and South Africa on the offensive. "*

"Forces of the Parties:
1) 25 Infantry Brigade with reinforcements (Tank Battalion, art battery, etc.), part 13 Infantry Brigade and 50 Cuban Division.
2) 3 and 4 infantry battalions UNITA 61st mechanized battalion with reinforcements as a squadron of tanks from the regiment President Stein, various guns, etc., of the 32 Battalion Buffalo. 3.5 It would battalion against 1.5 and 0.5 division teams have no chance, but fortunately for South African and UNITA, the Angolan army under Infantry Brigade Infantry hiding almost no heavy weapons and armor (1 battalion in APCs). A 61 fur fully mechanized battalion and with a bunch of heavy weapons. So in effect from UNITA and South Africa qualitative superiority, and serious. Cuban Tank Battalion, which has reinforced the Angolans in it as much as 7 tanks. And in the artillery battery ZIS-3. "*

*Google translation
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:12:04 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2013, 01:12:33 AM »

The DLC is out on the Gamersgate UK website, it seems.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: