Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 02:43:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission building:Where to start?  (Read 3716 times)
joea
Oberleutnant

« on: November 27, 2010, 10:25:53 AM »

Hello all,

I tried opening the mission editor and was overwhelmed to say the least. All I would like to do to start is open the stcok traning missions and make new ones for the T-34 and the Pz-IV instead of the Matilda. For the sake of experimentation and also to have a chance to familiarise myself with the various vehicles. Trouble is I can't even figure out how to open up training or other missions for editing!

Anywhere I can get a user-friendly tutorial on how to make simple missions?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 12:18:50 PM »

Joea the best thing to do is read the forum,There's a thread dedicated to the mission editor just 3 stickies above yours on the forum.Read it.

As for editing existing missions it;s not difficult; just open your mission editor either create new mission or once open just click on the editor tab.You'll get a small window with lots of thing like cm_rkka1 or cm_wer1 and cm_user or cm_single.They refer to the various components of your game menu ;cm_rkka1 refers to th first campaign of teh Red Army with the T34.Click the one of your choice open and then you'll see a list of mission like nepokrytoe12 etc.Click on the mission you want toedit click on the editor tab and the map with the mission details will load and appear on your screen.Once open you can change or edit whatever you like. Remember ;save your changes and when you make a new mission don't forget to save it and then load so it appears in your game menu.

Cheers
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 03:11:31 PM »

All I would like to do to start is open the stcok traning missions and make new ones for the T-34 and the Pz-IV instead of the Matilda. For the sake of experimentation and also to have a chance to familiarise myself with the various vehicles. Trouble is I can't even figure out how to open up training or other missions for editing!

Hi Joe,

If you install Steel Panzer Mod 1.5, you'll find they've replaced the training Matilda (tough to drive!) with the T-34 - a more typical Red Army tank. You could use those missions as a starting point and try replacing the T-34 with other vehicles.  Grin

The original Matilda training lessons are not that easy to find and edit; they have to be extracted from the 'main.datapack' file.

Regards,
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 03:18:21 PM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: