Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 08:59:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: campaign editor HOW TOO>  (Read 9712 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: April 24, 2013, 10:19:32 AM »

This is crude how too to get stencil campaign into editor.  If interest will do the OTHER stuff needed to make better campaign.  This USES no programs not included in GTOS.  Well patched in last year APOS/Gtos.   Tongue

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok so made in 20 minutes....its UGLY.  But is basic 1st step of needed know how.  To do more and edit files....Get OPEN OFFICE.  its free.  Or don't...you can also edit by hand in notepad that ships free in windows.  If you guys want more say something as I have attempted to explain a bunch O times, but people give up really fast. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:25:21 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 10:49:30 AM »

If this is the Wiki - you guys are in big trouble  Smiley

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 10:58:38 AM »

If this is the Wiki - you guys are in big trouble  Smiley

well no... its fast N dirty.  Wiki is more Krabbs baby. 

This is simple JPEG follow along.  Everything else I have attempted in past was FAIL.  Why spend hours on something if no to little interest?  The needed know how is in there...

Just click the stupid thing 2x and its full scale.... 

Yabba dabba do
orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:10:40 PM »

Appreciate the efforts Flashburn .
Been wondering about how hard it would be to alter the existing campaign's .

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 10:58:40 AM »

Appreciate the efforts Flashburn .
Been wondering about how hard it would be to alter the existing campaign's .

There is no real way to open existing campaign in editor after it has been complied.  YOU can steal a campaigns force structure and roughly remake however. By using unflat and cfgtopd on the divpool and the campaigns cfg file. 

OR if just wanting to add/remove units from existing campaign that is vary easy as well...so long as you are comfortable editing in notepad. 

Yabba dabba do
Lerch
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 09:26:43 AM »

In the last step, before the editor itself finishes loading, I get nothing but a blank black screen?

It shows loading 21%, then when I select the file, the screen just goes blank.  Any ideas?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 10:51:49 AM »

Yeah,
The editor is a piece of crap!!!
I can get the editor to show but the units disappear after about 5 minutes.

Don't waste your time on this editor it's not worth the effort.
We've been telling Graviteam we don't like this editor for years.
They don't want us to edit or make new campaigns for this game,that's why no one has.
This is the single worst editor I've ever seen in any PC game I've ever played.
norty72
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 07:16:49 AM »

This is crude how too to get stencil campaign into editor.  If interest will do the OTHER stuff needed to make better campaign.  This USES no programs not included in GTOS.  Well patched in last year APOS/Gtos.   Tongue

Ok so made in 20 minutes....its UGLY.  But is basic 1st step of needed know how.  To do more and edit files....Get OPEN OFFICE.  its free.  Or don't...you can also edit by hand in notepad that ships free in windows.  If you guys want more say something as I have attempted to explain a bunch O times, but people give up really fast. 

Hi Flashburn. Do you still have the image which came with this message. I remember it was quite basic but very useful for making campaigns. Trying to make a Russian hacked campaign for Mius. The process for make flat and addon was simply explained. I haven't done it for a while and have forgotten the process.

Cheers. Norty72  Smiley
norty72
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 05:10:04 AM »

Hi Flashburn. Do you still have the image which came with this message. I remember it was quite basic but very useful for making campaigns. Trying to make a Russian hacked campaign for Mius. The process for make flat and addon was simply explained. I haven't done it for a while and have forgotten the process.

Cheers. Norty72  Smiley

Hi. I found it here Steel Armor and Operation Star mod tutorial

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: