Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 03:20:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: DLC ''Shield of The Prophet"  (Read 42335 times)
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2013, 03:05:59 PM »

i want to buy WW2 Tank Sim with graviteam engine but there is non...what should i buy so the statistic says graviteam must build one?

The same question from me !!   Cheesy
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2013, 03:15:30 PM »

I could be wrong here.

But it seems to me the statistical analysis has already been concluded by Graviteam-Hence no more Tank Sims.

I think if a tank sim isn't presented with a multi-player aspect then it will only fail that meaning from a price of production vs sales stand point.

I'm not against the idea I just don't see it happening.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2013, 03:56:22 PM »

I could be wrong here.

But it seems to me the statistical analysis has already been concluded by Graviteam-Hence no more Tank Sims.

I think if a tank sim isn't presented with a multi-player aspect then it will only fail that meaning from a price of production vs sales stand point.

I'm not against the idea I just don't see it happening.

YEs I want tank sim too.  But MP does need to happen.  It may only represet 10 percetn at best of buyers who will use it (sometimes), but seeing NO MP! like that on places like gamersgate does not help.  It has become precieved needed thing even if most will never use.  With that said........  GT stuff needs it too and for same reason.  On the OTHER hand, a game with little content with MP is as goodas a brick as well........

I still think the BEST solution with current issues of money (lack there of) is to produce a test dlc withint GTOS unlocking all that.  Or wait for the tooth fairy to bring bag of money.  Eh whatever...........Gravi has two full games i the pipe line........  Getting them MP somehow should be on the to do list.  Of course always time and funds.......

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »

When you say 10%,do you mean 10% of people who buy the game because it is a tank sim or 10% of the market as a whole?
Because those are two different statistics with two different sets of meanings.

I personally am not interested in tank sims unless it is presented in a multi player environment.

Both versions still require a major $ outlay,but seeing as Graviteam already tried the non multi player route and it didn't generate the needed sales to warrant further investment,then maybe MP is the only way to rekindle a tank sim interest.

Either way both versions are still a gamble and it doesn't seem Graviteam is interested in either option.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2013, 04:49:55 PM »

I do not think anyone knows WTF the sales of SABOW where....  It was badly handled sad affair.  What I do know is a fair about of foilks Downlaoded my stuff I made for in where I only advertised on 3 websights.  You pretty much had to go looking or randomly bumble into it... LIke sabow its self actually.  The tutorial on gunnery on simhq has gotten a fair about of hits.  Granted, does not mean much.  So total fail I am not sure. 

Stats suggest 10 percent of a games sales are do to MP.  Probably less actually.  But that number is usuallly vocal and OUT there in game land.  SO you make yummy cake they go around saying how yummy it is.

AND your right to fund a tank sim from square one is cash cash cash..  THing is GRavi allready developed the tech.. that part is paid for.  You reuse max assets for GT series as SABOWS have now beed done with GT.  GEEEE now you just need playable tanks....  at minium.  BUt that of course is 100's of hours for all the bits and pieces to come togoether.  Still........  It also represents another produce line.  At some point SOME day (I do not think anytime soon) GT stuff may get abit stale.... like CM stuff has.  But hmmm no yet at ALL for me Cheesy.

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2013, 05:07:00 PM »

I do not think anyone knows WTF the sales of SABOW where.... 

I think they have a pretty good idea about what the sales were,otherwise they would be pushing Tank Sims at us instead of Tactical Simulations or a combination of the two.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2013, 05:36:49 PM »

I do not think anyone knows WTF the sales of SABOW where.... 

I think they have a pretty good idea about what the sales were,otherwise they would be pushing Tank Sims at us instead of Tactical Simulations or a combination of the two.

I think the publisher does not talk to gravi.   Tongue  Hmmm how did we hijack thread?

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2013, 06:12:25 PM »

I think the next real debate will be over whether there should be more WW2 or more Modern Graviteam Tac Sims.

I was very much surprised when I read on the Sukhoi forums that Op. Hooper DLC did better than any of the WW2 DLCs.

I would be very interested in the statistical data analysis after the GTMF series is released and how the two different eras stack up in reported sales.

I'm hoping that statistical sales data alone aren't going to be the sole means of gauging what direction to steer the next generation line of Graviteam products that we are apt to see in the future and hopefully there will be room and resources for both to be expanded on and modified.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2013, 07:01:03 PM »

I think the next real debate will be over whether there should be more WW2 or more Modern Graviteam Tac Sims.

I was very much surprised when I read on the Sukhoi forums that Op. Hooper DLC did better than any of the WW2 DLCs.

I would be very interested in the statistical data analysis after the GTMF series is released and how the two different eras stack up in reported sales.

I'm hoping that statistical sales data alone aren't going to be the sole means of gauging what direction to steer the next generation line of Graviteam products that we are apt to see in the future and hopefully there will be room and resources for both to be expanded on and modified.

SHOCKED on hooper sales as well.  DO not get me wrong at all.....its good.  BUT how did it out sell all the others so fast?  The one hunting down/or not getting peiper klled was BEST DLC and maybe best campaign of all IMO. Had a TON of fun with that one playing both sides.  It is better DLC than HOOPER and even Prophet RC I am playing now.  But honestly I think my favs as of now with DLC go KILL PEIPEr one, Prophet, Hooper, op blau, and solokova.....   But all are good IMO.  Some just have more of that something something.  Tongue

I think western front ww2 dlc is good test of waters as well.  Could it be that in apos land with K43 and APOS/GTOS in the rear view people need something a little different?   BUt I have HIGH hopes for mius.  Maybe before it is complete get people some modern stuff to make miss ww2.  Cheesy   But IDF/ARAB ugh.....I think blow hooper out of water in west. 

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2013, 07:32:12 PM »

For me,the thing that catches my eye first and grabs the most interest are the tactical maps.
Everything else is secondary.
If I don't like the map then the force mix and the campaign scenarios will have to be above average or better to generate more than a passing interest.

I mainly play quick battles,and the Taranovka and Sokolovo maps are used heavily in most of those battles and something I would love to see in the future is having these two maps feature a Summer environment.Volokonovka while OK just doesn't do it for me.Haven't seen Mius yet so can't make a comparison comment.

But Taranovka and Sokolovo I think would really look cool and be even more fun to play on with different seasons.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 08:12:20 PM »

For me,the thing that catches my eye first and grabs the most interest are the tactical maps.
Everything else is secondary.
If I don't like the map then the force mix and the campaign scenarios will have to be above average or better to generate more than a passing interest.

I mainly play quick battles,and the Taranovka and Sokolovo maps are used heavily in most of those battles and something I would love to see in the future is having these two maps feature a Summer environment.Volokonovka while OK just doesn't do it for me.Haven't seen Mius yet so can't make a comparison comment.

But Taranovka and Sokolovo I think would really look cool and be even more fun to play on with different seasons.

Volokonovka was small map...yes.  But IMO made up for it IMO with tank destroyers VS tanks.  Had to be sneaky guy to use effective. But not alot of replay value.  But good looking map for sure.  My guess is assets are making way to mius.  #1 reason I kee trying to keep longstop larger than it probably should is due to VOlk being smallish.  But quickly coming to conclusion it is better to make small now with as many new assets (buildings etc) and get out the door NOW.  and maybe make BIGGER thing later.  But BIGGER later will have to probably be less developed area out side of medjez vallay.  Maybe hill 601, Kasserine pass, something like that.  Or bight the bullet and just expand longstop to include all the areas with fighting from outskirts of Medjez el bab, to well somehwhere.  Cheesy

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2013, 08:42:44 PM »

It isn't so much that Volokonovka is small,it's the fact that there really isn't enough variety on that map to simulate battles other than a Ukrainian farming community.

Taranovka and Sokolovo and to a limited extent in certain areas Rakitnoe and Krasny  at least to me can reasonably pass as anywhere or everywhere Russia because of the different terrain varieties.
Lots of replay value for quick battles.

Your Tunisia map looks like it would also fit the bill to simulate other battles like Sicily and maybe some areas in Southern mainland Italy or even the Golan heights using the modern forces from Shield of the Prophet.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2013, 11:36:55 AM »

Taranovka and Sokolovo and to a limited extent in certain areas Rakitnoe and Krasny  at least to me can reasonably pass as anywhere or everywhere Russia because of the different terrain varieties.
Its suitable only for central-southern Russia or Southern/Eastern-central Ukraine without the Crimea.
For the main part of Russia (central, west, north or east) or west Ukraine and Belarus does not fit, there is a different landscapes, architecture and vegetation. Even the snow cover totally diffirent.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2013, 11:54:45 AM »

Its suitable only for central-southern Russia or Southern/Eastern-central Ukraine without the Crimea.
For the main part of Russia (central, west, north or east) or west Ukraine and Belarus does not fit, there is a different landscapes, architecture and vegetation. Even the snow cover totally diffirent.

Since we don't have other maps of those areas in this game.The maps I mentioned earlier is what I use as a reasonable substitute to simulate battles in other parts of Russia.

I guess it helps to have a little bit of an imagination if your trying to get more bang for the buck out of these games.
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 12:15:17 PM »

i am still waiting for a german solokov campaign  8)
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2013, 10:31:07 PM »

You can now download the DLC on Gamersgate.
Thomasew
Major

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2013, 05:19:49 AM »

You can now download the DLC on Gamersgate.

Hi, .. thanks for the update .. I forgot I had pre-ordered ..  Embarrassed

The file name ends with a ... prefinal  Huh? Does that mean it's, technically .. still in Beta?

.. and, how long has that file been there?

Cheers
Tom
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 05:31:14 AM by Thomasew » Logged

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 05:24:58 AM »

Critical error
011: Unable to find the unit description

[ i_human:hum_20884022 ]

Uh ohhhhh

This seems to only happen when I put Oliphant tanks on the new polygon in quick match.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 05:44:25 AM by Flanker15 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2013, 05:53:55 AM »

Critical error
011: Unable to find the unit description

[ i_human:hum_20884022 ]

Uh ohhhhh

This seems to only happen when I put Oliphant tanks on the new polygon in quick match.

Oh crap.......  Now maybe try after making new profile?  Probably NOT the cause but EH worth shot. 

Yabba dabba do
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 06:53:37 AM »

Nope but it's just if I put Oliphant tanks on the map so it's not a problem for the campaign just quick battles.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: