Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 06:14:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: DLC ''Shield of The Prophet"  (Read 42341 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2013, 02:55:25 PM »

The file downloaded from GG is named "gtos_prophet79_mar13_eng-prefinal". So this is not a final release?

Will hardly to name somehow affects to the contents. Over the many years that I have been developing not see that the game is packed to the archive with the name "super_final_release.zip" is performed better than the same game packed into archive named "poor_early_buggy_alpha.zip".

In this case that means the version that went through the pre-order, but not as usual once directly to the sales.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Herodotus
Oberleutnant

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2013, 04:43:08 PM »

One of the support staff from GamersGate has just contacted me and has asked me for the links to the latest patch, which I of course have provided. So it appears they have not received the latest patch from Graviteam Tactics. Pretty bad form when the customer looking for support has to provide the solution to the store Grin
All will be, but not all at once.
Patches on the GamersGate will be updated once the next stable version that will suit developers. This is unfortunately not always do very quickly. There is no point "terrorize" store, they do not take stable patches from the air  Grin

That's fine, but the current patch that GG have ("pre-final") makes the DLC entirely unplayable, hence searching for answers here became crucial. That's not "terrorising" the store but allowing those of us who bought from it to actually play what they've paid for. Besides, it was Gamersgate looking for a solution that they obviously could not provide themselves. When a new DLC is released requiring the most recent patch to run, the stores should all be updated.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 04:46:45 PM by Herodotus » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2013, 04:52:17 PM »

But once more, where are the Soviet Union units in Quick Battle, aside from being MIA
Modern Soviets are with the Soviet Army(USSR)scroll down to the bottom of the list.
They start right after the listing for other units.

What do you mean the game is unplayable?
I've been playing the new DLC for weeks. Huh?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:05:33 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Herodotus
Oberleutnant

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2013, 05:35:29 PM »

But once more, where are the Soviet Union units in Quick Battle, aside from being MIA
Modern Soviets are with the Soviet Army(USSR)scroll down to the bottom of the list.
They start right after the listing for other units.

What do you mean the game is unplayable?
I've been playing the new DLC for weeks. Huh?
It IS playable, but was not on release if you downloaded only what was available on GG at release. If you could play, then you obviously had a work-around.
Thanks for the USSR tip, though to honest having them as a seperate force would have been a lot easier..
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2013, 05:43:44 PM »

I agree GG needs to be updated better.
And I would also like to see the modern Soviets separated from the WW2 Soviets.Also would like to see the Cubans separated from the Angolan forces.
I've actually been using the Cubans in QBs as modern Soviets too because their mech. platoons are bigger and their uniforms blend better with the snow.
or even better
Have the modern Soviets and Cubans together so I can use them both on the same side instead of either one or the other.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:51:56 PM by Dane49 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »

Not so simple. Gamers Gate is not an our site, and we cant update it in every moment as we want. There's patches are updated relatively infrequently, about once every month or two. Immediate bug fixes or issues still in our sites.
Now available 3 variants - ftp, http and torrent see the appropriate topic.

About QB. Modern Soviets have the same side like "old Soviets" - USSR and as result available in the same list in QB. Cubans not present like the separate force and still stand in Angolan pool too.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2013, 06:00:18 PM »

Not so simple. Gamers Gate is not an our site, and we cant update it in every moment as we want. There's patches are updated relatively infrequently, about once every month or two. Immediate bug fixes or issues still in our sites.

GG should inform people than that they need to visit your site for latest updates and patches because it is not apparent there.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2013, 06:04:54 PM »

GG should inform people than that they need to visit your site for latest updates and patches because it is not apparent there.
There is no such option. I think this is still a matter of developers.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2013, 06:09:11 PM »

Posted by: Dane49
I've actually been using the Cubans in QBs as modern Soviets too because their mech. platoons are bigger and their uniforms blend better with the snow.
or even better
Have the modern Soviets and Cubans together so I can use them both on the same side instead of either one or the other.
Posted by: andrey12345
About QB. Modern Soviets have the same side like "old Soviets" - USSR and as result available in the same list in QB. Cubans not present like the separate force and still stand in Angolan pool too.

OK,
I've been playing some hypothetical Chechen War QBs and thought it would be cool if I could use the modern Soviets and Cubans on the same side to act as different units.Not a big deal so I can live with it. Sad
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2013, 06:16:04 PM »

If You buy Shield of the Prophet from GG without ever coming to this forum or your Graviteam site.Then there is no way of knowing that you need to go elsewhere to get the latest updates and patches to make the SotP DLC work.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2013, 06:17:33 PM »

If You buy Shield of the Prophet from GG without ever coming to this forum or your Graviteam site.Then there is no way of knowing that you need to go elsewhere to get the latest updates and patches to make the SotP DLC work.
Yes, there is such drawback of course.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2013, 03:39:12 AM »

That makes GT look bad don't you think Andrey?

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2013, 04:51:58 AM »

That makes GT look bad don't you think Andrey?

May be.
To take into account all things at one time is not possible. Few resources, it is necessary to set priorities, now the priority of the game itself, and marketing and other appearance behind a board (it is simply no one to do). Perhaps this will change once.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2013, 06:03:10 PM »

Is it too complicated and time consuming to market it yourself from your own website?

Bring back 3D markers!
eczerwonka
Oberleutnant

« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2013, 03:41:31 AM »

Signed up here just to complain about the incredibly slow downloads from Gamers Gate. I'm know I'm not telling anyone anything new, but it is ridiculous in this day and age to have a 7k download for a 800 meg file. Time left = 1 day. Really? Hooper was just as bad, but I started that DL before going to bed and when I got home from work the next day it was almost done. I can't believe this is acceptable. I loved Hooper so I bought this in spite of the fact that I knew the DL would take a day. I can download a 10gig game from Steam in no time. I'm sure it will be worth it, but Gamers Gate is just horrible. Hopefully the DL won't cut off again like it has twice now several hours in  Angry
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: