Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:02:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Mius Front have heavy fortifications?  (Read 9806 times)
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« on: May 03, 2013, 12:23:35 AM »

I don't know much about mius front so I was wondering if there were heavy forts there and if they'll be in the section in the game?
I'm talking about concrete structures and emplacements that would be built onto the polygon itself not placed by the player, heavy trenches, tank traps, dragons teeth, artillery casements and bunkers, wooden and concrete bunkers that can accommodate heavy machine guns and paks.  Stuff that you can't just drop artillery on to clear out.

Also were Elefant tanks at mius?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 02:33:18 AM »

I don't know much about mius front so I was wondering if there were heavy forts there and if they'll be in the section in the game?
I'm talking about concrete structures and emplacements that would be built onto the polygon itself not placed by the player, heavy trenches, tank traps, dragons teeth, artillery casements and bunkers, wooden and concrete bunkers that can accommodate heavy machine guns and paks.  Stuff that you can't just drop artillery on to clear out.

I have wondered about that too.  Bunkers and the like.  Such as field improvied (dirt and local trees), or later stuff like concreate static (blow me up) defenses. 

Yabba dabba do
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 02:47:54 AM »

If RKKA Assault Engineer-Sapper Brigades participated in Mius Front operations, it would make for some interesting scenarios...
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 02:50:46 AM »

The Germans in the Stalingrad kessel were building concrete bunkers while the materials held out.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 05:33:10 AM »

We will not make fantasy and even more so in this case to give the player a choice. If it turns out that some were used to strengthen exactly where to go will be fighting in the game, then it is likely that they will be placed directly to the landfill.

Remember that combat operations were mainly on the steppes, after the defense had been breached, the position passed from hand to hand very often. Special fortifications under enemy fire no one is naturally not built.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:36:03 AM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 09:17:56 AM »

Definitely not player placed!

They'd be like houses are now, placed on the map by the map designer and able to be cleared out and occupied by Russian units during a battle or counter attack, but no underground stuff please that could get real messy to control!
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 05:25:24 PM »

There was one area(north-east of Stepanovka) behind the initial front lines that was fortified and used as a training area according to the book I'm reading.

"During the afternoon of 18 July, the Russian tanks and infantry flowed irresistibly over abandoned and blasted trenches,driving the Germans back in disorder until fortunate circumstance combined with the determination of the German infantry to halt the Soviet advance in the center. A training area,complete with an extensive system of trenches and bunkers, in addition to anti-tank obstacles and ditches, had been built on the road leading to the northwest along the crest of the middle ridge. This position had been constructed for combat exercises by army training battalions.Here the Germans rallied and brought the Soviet attack to a halt.

The T-34s rolled up the flanking valleys on either side of this position but on the center ridge, north-west of Hill 213.9, the Russians could not break the resistance of the troops entrenched in the training fortifications. There, the German infantry, supported by assault guns, narrowly staved off disaster. Columns of greasy black smoke from burning T-34 and T-70 tanks marked the limit of Soviet forward progress on the center ridge. At the end of the day, of the 78 tanks that the army claimed had been knocked out, many were destroyed in front of the training area rallying point."

Quoted from-
Decision in the Ukraine by George Nipes.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:38:48 PM by Dane49 » Logged
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »

Player placed more suitable as they were more common on the Eastern Front. Generally speaking, it took less than a day to make them...barb wires, mines, different fougasses, wooden pillboxes, reinforced houses and so on.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »

Player placed more suitable

Player placed is equal - source of bugs Smiley. It will not be.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 06:12:39 PM »

He-he, all aspects of the game are a source of bugs  Tongue Grin Wink
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 06:39:03 PM »

He-he, all aspects of the game are a source of bugs  Tongue Grin Wink

Less or more is the nuance!  Grin

But in common sense, less features - less bugs. And we work on it now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: