Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 09:02:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Intro & a few questions  (Read 23186 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2013, 08:50:44 AM »

A quick listing of possible problems:

at what percent does it CTD. It can give you a hint of whats wrong, but not all errors are in the list im afraid, it havent helped me so much yet but maybe it does for you?

1. 0-5% - smth. wrong with mission script, unit name is not compatible with trigger parameters.
2. 1-4% - polygon is absent
3. 7% 7% - no track in common_res
4. 9% - errors *.engcfg, connected with places and cocpit
5. 10% - there's no caterpillar in the common_unit file
6. 17% - variable of tank in the common_units is wrong, look for the mistake in the file ***.engcfg, i.e. kv1b()
7. 18-19% - no *.go file
8. 20-21% - smth. wrong with ***zones.engcfg
9. 92% - don't use a big letters in the name of units, i.e. ? USR, TNK etc.
10. 97% - cockpit file is absent
11. 98% - common units/res out
12. 99% - smth. wrong with weather, check was it correctly written in the file ***.level
13. "Huh?" in the editor, check {} in the name of units, file ***.text, mistake is ()

Credits go to lockie for that one, Atleast it was from him i got it Cheesy

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2013, 09:13:36 AM »

A quick listing of possible problems:
I've a list of 32 points of errors at this moment Wink

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2013, 09:23:58 AM »

If I understand correctly, you created the mission in SPM 1.5 and got the 001 error editing the exact same mission under SPM 2.0?

You could open up the <mission>_scripts.engscr file to take a look at the units in the 'divisions()' block.
Each line has a designation for the unit, as recognized by the Mission Editor, in the 2nd field. You could check them one by one, if they're in the 'common_units.engcfg' file for SPM 2.0. And cross-compare with the same file from SPM 1.5.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2013, 02:54:41 AM »

SP Mod 2.0 and SPM 1.5 whether the Ultimate, NTA 1.3, 1.4 or the Beta version are not fully compatible because units have been added into the Mission Editor as well changes were made to the optics and other details modified which means the common res and common unit folders are no longer fully compatible .Some models, like the T-44, appeared in one mod and were removed from another. There was a dispute about the KV-1e also one model was removed and replaced by another. As I have various installations I frequently get the 001 error when transporting one mission from one mod to another. Sometimes if you have a new map that comes with a new mod and not with the other of course any mission you transport will crash. SF is very unforgiving; once your mission crashes with the 001 error you cannot reload it to make modifications..
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2013, 05:02:35 PM »

SF is very unforgiving; once your mission crashes with the 001 error you cannot reload it to make modifications..
In 99% if u got error 001, then try to use a backup, but now I got a variable error. It's very interesting and unusual, coz under some conditions the game CTD. Now I try to investigate what the surprise will give me a game, which has more then 5 years old Smiley

Provocative signature removed
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: