Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 08:26:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: GTOS Zhalanashkol 1969 (USSR-China border conflict)  (Read 62708 times)
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 07:32:12 PM »

Well Guys,
If i had to pick a modern DLC it would have to be the Falklands Conflict,
Warships, high speed landing craft, aircraft, artillery, helicopters, the Parachute Regiment, Royal Marines, its got the lot!
And i dont think anybodies tried to tackle it before, i would love to it.

And i had mates of mine fighting there!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 08:20:15 PM »

Its good setting, may be same good as Chako war. But not for DLC, for standalone game
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:28:33 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 01:01:42 AM »

The issue is of course time and budget.  Not a clue what is costs for Graviteam to get a new vehicle made.  But its pretty much a solid 2 weeks from start to finish.  So doing an all inclusive DLC with LOTS of new stuff takes time and recourses away from Mius. For a small scale thing like a DLC as I learned with longstop is simply TO much for TO long.  And that is not a dead project, just sleeping.  But yes vary concerned with make up of new DLC's.  And there is nothing wrong with Modern.  But IMO just not the right perfect force mix and land form to really show off.  For Armor max of 3km by 3km IS TOO SHORT.  Needs to be 2x as large.  WIth cherry picked land form IMO.  Prophet REALLY showed that.  But I miss WW2 as well.  But I like to mix it up along the way.  I would like to see at this point destroyable aircraft, aaa guns, and a few new vehicles in ww2 setting and OF course modern stuff too.  Maybe I am crazy but a couple destroyable aircraft and a few aaa guns (self propelled) as a stand alone DLC I would pay for.  However I keep slowly making stuff in that direction.  Flak 38 anyone?   

Yabba dabba do
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 07:14:47 PM »

I'm desperate for Graviteam to go back and do some more WW2 east front operations..these recent modern offerings hold no interest for me at all. Now I'm not saying I wouldn't buy a standalone game setting Cold war gone hot in say the late seventies early eighties, or a Korean War game as I would, but these wars your currently doing don't have me looking for my debit card. The recent DLC are probably alot more interesting to the Russian GTOS community.

Hopefully the Muis front game comes along soon..or at least a new WW2 operation DLC for OS. Lots of tweaking can still be done for the WW2 game setting as Flashburn mentions.

(Also I like the sound of Falklands as mentioned a few posts up. However you'd have to do seaborn invasions etc..loads of work).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:18:07 PM by wodin » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 07:47:49 PM »

The recent DLC are probably alot more interesting to the Russian GTOS community.

Not from what I've read on the Russian forums, it seems they don't seem to be very happy with the modern stuff and think Graviteam is pandering more to foreign community interests ($) at the expense of their wishes and desires for the game.

I'm not all that interested in the choice of modern settings either(Past,present or so far-future plans).
Like most people I only bought into the modern stuff to get the new force mix to use on the much more interesting maps of Russia.
I haven't even touched the campaigns in the Shield of the Prophet game- the area depicted is too barren and uninteresting and Hooper gets none of my attention anymore.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 09:31:47 PM »

Well looks like the customers\players are voicing their concerns over these modern rather unknown little conflicts even those from Nations involved...I do hope Graviteam are taking it onboard and get back to WW2, the only modern setting I really imagine being a hit is a NATO vs WARSAW PACT cold war gone hot.

Fingers crossed Muis is not far away.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 09:37:23 PM »

Well looks like the customers\players are voicing their concerns over these modern rather unknown little conflicts even those from Nations involved...I do hope Graviteam are taking it onboard and get back to WW2

Now is modern sells more than better than WW2. Even hi-res textures better than WWII. I think we make some modern again, after 2 next DLCs about WWII.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 02:37:56 AM »

Now is modern sells more than better than WW2. Even hi-res textures better than WWII. I think we make some modern again, after 2 next DLCs about WWII.

Graviteam hasn't released a WW2 DLC in over a year.Krasnaya Polyana being the last released about this time last year.(I don't consider the Hi-res. Texture to be a standard DLC,to me it's more like a mod)

I'd be interested in seeing the sales difference between modern and WW2 once you have some new WW2 DLCs to offer.I think the majority of us who bought into the modern DLCs still prefer WW2 and if given only one choice would take WW2 over modern.

I'm not advocating one or the other,but if WW2 DLCs are going to suffer because more people are buying the modern and development is being determined by sales numbers alone,then I'll stop buying the modern.
Considering the direction Graviteam is going with the modern DLCs it won't be a difficult decision.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:02:14 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2013, 06:21:10 AM »

I think they are onto SOMETHING with the modern stuff.  Fills niche of missing things from 50-80's.  BUT perhaps really needs a stand alone game maybe?  I certainly do not see why BOTH can not co exist.  So far however, WW2 as a game following history plays out better.  Now with the modern DLC's time will tell if this increases interest in WW2 stuff or not.  FOr me the modern stuff is like a refreshing brake.  But I want to go back to ww2 after done with it.  However, this maybe due to missing elements and such of a lot of the modern junk. 

Yabba dabba do
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2013, 02:02:45 PM »

Count me out too, I've bought all of the modern stuff lately but it's not my interest and this one latest DLC definitely isn't. I'll happily buy any WW2 games or DLCs GT release but not interested in this trend towards modern era stuff. IMHO the most exciting thing by far to happen to the game of late is Nightpostman's work, really excellent.

Kind regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2013, 02:59:16 PM »

So far the best part I have seen of this DLC is the MI4.  That is SEXY.

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2013, 07:35:14 PM »

So far the best part I have seen of this DLC is the MI4.  That is SEXY.
And danger, but only with 250 shells.

chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2013, 09:17:38 PM »

I shan't complain about the opportunity to experience more 'obscure modern conflicts'.
I like the possibilities presented by this modular approach.  It means the core game can get a much wider audience & I get a choice of engagements.
It raises questions for me about just how far this could be taken.
I do think a Fulda Gap scenario would be fun, but going the other way historically, what about Borodino as a GTOS DLC?  Cheesy

If GT are getting new/broader customer base because of non-WW2 DLC then the subsequent $s hopefully ensures the company continues & will have resources to use for new WW2 projects (also my favorite war Wink).
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 10:37:02 PM »

Existing WWII DLCs is the practically the same options like base game scenarios. New different DLCs can open a new gameplay options, especially Zhalanashkol  Grin.

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2013, 08:37:35 AM »

Existing WWII DLCs is the practically the same options like base game scenarios. New different DLCs can open a new gameplay options, especially Zhalanashkol  Grin.

While I am NOT sure about this USSR/CHINA border dispute thing, I do think doing different stuff in DLC's is good.  But yes, will appeal to smaller numbers of people FOR sure.  And as why the heck DLC's like krasnya Polina did not do as well as modern DLC's... STRANGE.  The only thing I can think of is that base GTOS had ALOT of content.  If perception was more of the same I am guessing that many just passed.  Maybe if included some stupid panther tank or new feature like AAA guns and planes that can get their wings blown off? 

Of course needing new soldier models all the time will prove a problem.  Undecided

But want Mius at this point Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Roll Eyes

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2013, 09:21:51 AM »

Maybe if included some stupid panther tank or new feature like AAA guns and planes that can get their wings blown off? 
This content is somewhere we have to take. That is the problem. If there are funds on ~1.5 helicopters  Grin, the tank, and the more complex model such as AA gun, get nowhere.On the other hand, if there is a possibility (people) that makes small arms and draws textures on soldiers. Even if it will make it 10 times or even more so the tank or AA gun, does not get it.

Mius|Nomongan given to those costs that are obtained after paying off the DLC and fan help.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:24:25 AM by andrey12345 » Logged

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2013, 10:16:55 AM »

Maybe if included some stupid panther tank or new feature like AAA guns and planes that can get their wings blown off? 
This content is somewhere we have to take. That is the problem. If there are funds on ~1.5 helicopters  Grin, the tank, and the more complex model such as AA gun, get nowhere.On the other hand, if there is a possibility (people) that makes small arms and draws textures on soldiers. Even if it will make it 10 times or even more so the tank or AA gun, does not get it.

Mius|Nomongan given to those costs that are obtained after paying off the DLC and fan help.

Ya I noticed... 1.5 choppers...lol.   Yes redoing textures for SOME similar things is ok.  A good texture artist can do great things......IF models are similar.  Sort of like Iran soldier can pass as an Eygpt guy or even Isreal with good texture.  And a few extras.  But Germans and Red army guys are never going to pass as US army circa 42-44. 

As to the stupid aa guns a plane wings that blow off.  Funny how I keep bringing that up and also slowly make stuff in that direction.   Undecided  AS I hit pause button on Longstop for now...all of a sudden I have all this time..... and keep looking for little things to do while I figure out if Longstop is ever possible. Or if I need to slowly do small things that in a round about way get there.  In the end if all I needed to worry about was a few vehicles, small arms, and basic land form for longstop...well a lot more possible.  BUT I REFUSE TO do it half assed.  So now over my head with needing buildings, soldier models, a few trees bushes.  Add that to everything else AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!  TO much. 

Yabba dabba do
Fracchione
Oberleutnant

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2013, 11:06:41 PM »

And as why the heck DLC's like krasnya Polina did not do as well as modern DLC's... STRANGE.  The only thing I can think of is that base GTOS had ALOT of content.  If perception was more of the same I am guessing that many just passed.  Maybe if included some stupid panther tank or new feature like AAA guns and planes that can get their wings blown off? 

Polyana has been on gamersgate at full price for months, Prophet was 40% off at launch. No wonder...
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2013, 01:59:22 AM »

Still not enough meat on this bone.
Give it to the dog. Grin
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2013, 06:19:17 AM »

And as why the heck DLC's like krasnya Polina did not do as well as modern DLC's... STRANGE.  The only thing I can think of is that base GTOS had ALOT of content.  If perception was more of the same I am guessing that many just passed.  Maybe if included some stupid panther tank or new feature like AAA guns and planes that can get their wings blown off? 

Polyana has been on gamersgate at full price for months, Prophet was 40% off at launch. No wonder...

It was a pre-order, but there is not very much bought it. Major purchases after pre-order. And at that time there were big discounts> 50% for the other DLCs, but it's not very helpful for it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: