Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 11:59:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Corrected spelling and changed a word plus one other 'thing'  (Read 3148 times)
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« on: June 26, 2013, 06:13:21 AM »

Hex edit of text_loc.flatdata-nothing more. No need to use game update-just a bog standard change file. No Graviteam mod tools involved in installation.

Here for download with a small readme. Back up the original

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4WdULP5kioDVk5DOXcwc2RrVDg/edit

Changes the word 'Homicide' to 'Massacre' in profile.  Also corrects spelling of retreat (In game it says 'Do you want to Retettrat when you end the battle and hit the flee key or something like that-anyway retreat was misspelled) Put file in

\Achtung Panzer Operation Star\data\k43t\dev_updates\loc_eng\packed_data.

Use with latest patched game.
Consider it a beta since it was only tested on my system.

Played with the mod tools and yes I did this mod for anyone who wants it for the American Gamersgate games (dunno if it works with Matrix-but it should) -let me know if there is a need for it. Haven't uploaded it yet. The politically incorrect flag  I made in the past and other modders didn't work. Graviteam kept changing the lineup of the German flags in the graphics file. This mod  works in the latest patched game (unless Gravieteam plays 3 card monty with the flags again when patching.) I normally play the Russian side-but I just gotta have the right flags on the map, encyclopedia and campaign listing. I'm just Groggy like that. It to is a beta. You want to test it PM me it's in a rar file that weighs in at 2 megs and change-you get the Flag mod for installation AND the raw work files.  I will get back to you.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:23:48 AM by Rod » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:35:27 PM »

Nice work Rod. 
Another thing that sticks out is the use of the word trophy by GT, when the term captured enemy tank, artillery etc would be more appropriate terminology in English.

Bring back 3D markers!
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 03:41:47 AM »

I'll see what I can do or come up with. I'm constrained by where the word shows up (is their space for it on the interface) and one near ironclad rule on hex editing is the file has to be the exact same size when you edit it. I'll investigate and get back.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 05:33:02 AM »

On the messed up reretreated thing.  LOL.  I got SO use to seeing that I know longer saw it.  Undecided

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: