Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 04:34:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 76.2 mm ZIS-3 1942 model in OP Hooper. Really?  (Read 3398 times)
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« on: July 01, 2013, 07:48:33 PM »

Well it looks like a 76.2 AT gun is in OPERATION Hooper-Failed to get a screen capture while extracting a hard fought DRAW between me and the Sud African forces. My Cuban/ FAPLA forces appear to be equipped with these-but  I got a nasty surprise last night. So are the UNITA forces. Screen capture is from the Red Army weapon encyclopedia section. Weapon doesn't appear in Cuban/FAPLA/South Africa/ UNITA weapons encylopedia. But it's present on the battlefield. Or something similar to it. Couldn't get it to show in Quick Battle for Angolan side.
Didn't know these weapons were used in that war. Or is Graviteam using them to represent some other weapon not created for OPERATION Hooper?

UPDATE:

Wikipedia says yes they equipped the Angolan factions.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:55:54 PM by Rod » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 07:56:08 PM »

Lots of old stuff got in hands of Unita and Angola forces.  ZIS 2 and 3 where used there.  This is legit.  You can search google and will find photos of them in action during Bush war.

Yabba dabba do
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 09:02:08 PM »

Yeah I forgot GOOGLE was my friend before I posted  Embarrassed -anyhoodles. I made a 'beta' correction. 76 will now show in in encyclopedia for FAPLA and UNITA in OPERATION HOOPER Module

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3iuimh3r9t7g6r0/76_ENC.rar
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:06:20 PM by Rod » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: