Graviteam
April 23, 2024, 11:46:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission: River of Doom (M36 `Jackson`)  (Read 40063 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2013, 11:24:33 AM »

As it appeared a reason of CTD on the 98% mission downloading was a polygon itself. eu_m36_west was generated with error(errors?). That's why any mission on the current polygon will have a chance to get CTD. Perhaps, I should re-do polygon from the scratch.

Provocative signature removed
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2013, 09:58:22 AM »

`Thanks` to the mysterious error of the "98%" I found/fixed a big number of mistakes Grin
And a new one became a missed `object gates #5` from the mod `New_builds_v2.0` by Stone2009.

As it appeared, if I'd remove all `stone post #5 ` from the polygon then mission would downloading without CTD.

Another mystery  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:12:20 AM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2013, 12:47:26 PM »

Probably because it's missing in the Mission Editor???
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2013, 10:23:31 PM »

Probably because it's missing in the Mission Editor???
No, it wasn't written in the fences.engcfg file.
And according to my experiments a game engine cannot handle properly the number of the objects, which is more then 1700 pcs. But this is my pure guessing Smiley

I changed all `lonely stone posts` on the `stone gates #5`. The total number of the all objects is 1664. So far it works Smiley
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:08:17 AM by lockie » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2013, 06:41:11 PM »

Finally, I think I've managed to resolve the problem with `98% error of mission downloading` Smiley
Re-download MP3.0 and d/l a new mod NTA1.7 alpha. See first page.

fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2013, 01:46:15 AM »

with new mod pack and 1.7 ....I still get 98% CTD
if I unload the sound pack it loads....but CTD about 5 to 10 minutes into the mission

I'm getting really pissed off with this piece of shit.... does this mean all the unloading and loading mods in JSGME has corrupted some files and I need to start again with a fresh install...and also replace all the mod files in my MOD folder with fresh ones? ...a real PITA. Angry

is it necessary to install all the missionpacks or not?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:59:09 AM by fabianfred » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2013, 03:15:12 AM »

if I unload the sound pack it loads....but CTD about 5 to 10 minutes into the mission

I'm getting really pissed off with this piece of shit.... does this mean all the unloading and loading mods in JSGME has corrupted some files and I need to start again with a fresh install...and also replace all the mod files in my MOD folder with fresh ones? ...a real PITA. Angry

Relax! Perhaps you need to take a step back and try a few things:

1. Uninstall ALL the mods and return to the vanilla version, then reinstall the mods in the recommended order.

2. Avoid manually editing any critical files such as common_res, common_units (anything in the 'common' folder, actually) after activating any mods.

3. Do the CTDs happen for other missions (using other maps), or just this one? If other missions have the same problem, perhaps there might be a driver issue.

4. Speaking of other missions, you should take some time out and give them a try? There's a ton of other user-created missions and campaigns.

This hobby should be a non-aggravating one.  Wink
Good luck!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2013, 05:54:00 AM »

Have you tried the original missions in SF, i.e the campaigns and single missions? Do they also crash or is it just your user-made and Lockie's mission pack?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2013, 06:30:23 AM »

It's a bad luck Cheesy
I'm pretty sure that `98% error` caused a polygon. That's why I re-created it. Check out the file:
...\data\k42\loc_rus\envs\eu_m36_west\eu_m36_west.polypack
It should has 31 191kB (02.09.2013)
CTD during mission does incorrect sound.
1. Uninstall `Sound mod NTA1.0`
2. Delete folders:
...\data\k42\loc_rus\musics
...\data\k42\loc_rus\sounds
3. Install `Sound mod NTA1.0

fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2013, 08:16:58 AM »

poly pack in the Mission pack 3.0 i downloaded today has....31,939,259 when viewed in Winrar
and 31,191 when viewed in windows explorer.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2013, 11:31:46 AM »

has....31,939,259 when viewed in Winrar
That's it.

Yes, u've to re-d/l and install a new MP3.0 with all missions.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:44:13 PM by lockie » Logged

Lord_Haw-Haw
Major

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2013, 05:00:09 PM »

With 1.7  I'm winning and hearing the lovely music. The panther turrets seem like less armor, ?maybe?   In 1.6,  it seemed someone (slave labour) welded ALL the metal from the unused chassis too those damn turrets Undecided
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2013, 11:17:46 PM »

has....31,939,259 when viewed in Winrar
That's it.

Yes, u've to re-d/l and install a new MP3.0 with all missions.

I mean ...is it necessary to install the other mission packs or just the ones we want?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2013, 05:07:17 AM »

Fabian Fred, you only need to install or enable the missions packs you wish to play. One thing you can do is have them all in your Mods folder. Only enable the ones you wish to play. The others you can keep disenabled in that folder they won't harm your game. In my experience the only problem with having many missions or mods enabled at the same time comes form the fact that some of them may have files either sounds ones or common res/common units that may conflict with other mods that may have slightly different sounds or common res/units files. SF is a very stable game but can be terribly fussy and frustrating when it comes to sounds and some basic files. The golden with this game and other is once you have a good, smooth running install make a back-up or 2 on an external hard disk or on a separate partition of your pc, on the cloud, on a usb stick whatever. This way you can paste the data folder of that good copy on any bad or corrupt install and make it work again painlessly. I have learned the hard way. Grin
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2013, 05:31:45 AM »

I mean ...is it necessary to install the other mission packs or just the ones we want?
No need, it's optional. MP3.0 is quite enough.

PS
If u still have `98% error` then try to remove `stone gates #5` and regenerate polygon.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: