Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 10:53:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Control some main tanks?  (Read 4147 times)
chaudard
Generalmajor

« on: May 04, 2014, 03:56:22 PM »

Hello,

After playing SABOW, I just bought Operation Star, patched the game with may-14 update and free DLC. I think I will buy the DLC Shilovo, the map seems very beautifull. I just have one question: is it possible to control some main tanks like SABOW, to shoot from gunner view of Tiger, PzIV, KV1 or T34?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 04:34:48 PM »

NO.

Sim features are not there. 

Its funny a bunch of posts lately about things like playing from a half track as commander and of course a tank sim.  Things I have been saying for years now.  Just tooting my own horn.   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 06:50:58 PM »

Sad Do you think developers can sell a DLC with sim features?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 05:01:26 AM »

Time and money to develop.  Its a double edged sword.  The bread and butter is real time tactics game.  That makes cash and its good.  PLayable vehicles and such takes quite a while to make.  From experience for the time to make 1 tank inside and out I could make 3 or 4 external only vehicles.  And less headache by a mile to configure for game.  So if you where to do that you get way less game for tactics sort of thing.  You also muddy up the game and perhaps add in a ton of bugs.

BUT.... taking assets of real time game and converting into a tank sim or something that is stand alone might make sense.  After the tactics game is done.  BUT then you take time away from DLC's and such.  But the money to develop the playable vehicles is the real issue.  I would LOVE to see this 2nd approach at some point.  The price might have to be HIGH per vehicle.   Assuming more than one.  But keep in mind that the previous tank sims have not made much money.  They are freaking excellent sims but not many bought the things.  But I could see it working.........  Just risk.  It could hit a sweet spot if sold via steam.  I really think there is interest in some legit vehicle sims and or command/control from a vehicle. If marketed right with a budget and based of assets that are mainly payed for through the real time game I think it could pull out a decent profit. 

This is just my opinion.   Wink

But MIUS should be focus as a tactics game. 

Yabba dabba do
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 09:06:14 AM »

Ok, I didn't know that SABOW wasn't lucrative, and that it takes time to add control to a vehicle. Cry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: