Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 06:27:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: DLC Shilovo 1942  (Read 72632 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2013, 06:01:07 PM »

Very nice looking screenshots.
Trees and villages are exactly what I like to see most on the maps.
Very much looking forward to playing this DLC.

I'm curious about future projects though also.
All the future projects that have been mentioned on this forum lately all seem to take place in the Summer.
Are any new Winter DLCs being planned for the future or ideas for any being kicked around the Graviteam HQ?

Don't get me wrong,I like the Summer maps too.They look beautiful and I'm looking forward to buying them all when they are released.
But the Summer maps have a tendency to really slow my game down during large battles.
The Winter campaigns and battles are my favorite  aspect of the war on the Russian front and my PC handles them better for larger battles plus I like all the cool weather options with the Winter maps.

Which is why I was wondering if we will see more Winter DLCs at a later date.
And if so,what Winter campaigns are Graviteam interested in doing?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2013, 07:46:34 PM »

Not yet soon.
But in far plans for GTMF late autumn and winter.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2013, 08:07:56 AM »

The field on which it is likely to be take place tank battles.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 08:13:27 AM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2013, 08:13:08 AM »

The lowlands along which the Germans came to Voronezh

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 08:14:55 AM by andrey12345 » Logged

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2013, 10:00:12 AM »

brief information
area: 80 sq. km
troops:
Wehrmacht - up to infantry regiment with reinforcements, 1 tank battalion
Red Army - more than 1 infantry regiment with reinforcements, 1 tank battalion from tank brigade, squadron from artillery regiment
campaign:
two operations, one for the Wehrmacht, one of the Red Army, the estimated duration of 13 turns.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:06:39 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2013, 07:10:17 PM »

New features in the August patch that will be used in this DLC:

1) Out of roster weapons. In the German pz infantry battalions will be given an additional AT Rifle per platoon. It will take one of the shooters from platoon, under the threat of a tank attack.
2) There will be a number of infantry weapons out before it was at this time, such as rifle grenade launchers, SVT rifles in rifle platoons.
3) Will be out of ammunition which was not present at that time: the cumulative projectiles for infantry and regimental cannons, smoke shells for 15 сm howitzers, APCR shells for 7.5 сm tank guns.
4) German pz infantry units will use the captured weapons in small quantities (SVT rifle).
5) Part of the platoons will begin operations with losses in manpower.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2013, 07:26:01 PM »

I like that idea,also the idea of breaking up the ATR squad to attach to the individual platoons. Smiley

Do you think one day that we could have 1/2 squads for the rifle squads added to the Quick Battle menu,so we can simulate prior combat losses in other battles.

I usually just disband 1 or 2 of the squads in a platoon to simulate this,but I lose the extra maneuver elements of these squads along with any defensive flexibility.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:37:51 PM by Dane49 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2013, 08:10:29 PM »

I like that idea,also the idea of breaking up the ATR squad to attach to the individual platoons. Smiley
Oh no Smiley
No breaking at squad level, only group in platoons or companys

Do you think one day that we could have 1/2 squads for the rifle squads added to the Quick Battle menu,so we can simulate prior combat losses in other battles.
May be add as option in qb in Mius

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2013, 08:14:49 PM »

Oh no Smiley

I thought you were doing the same thing with the German ATR squad that you did with the Russians-adding 2 man ATR teams to the infantry gun reserves.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2013, 08:21:43 PM »

Oh no Smiley

I thought you were doing the same thing with the German ATR squad that you did with the Russians-adding 2 man ATR teams to the infantry gun reserves.

Its not right in this case. ATR in German platoon (for example 24 Pz in 1942) is an additional weapon mostly w/o crew. It takes by one riflemen from platoon if needed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:27:12 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2013, 08:27:55 PM »

OK ,
I misinterpreted this new Aug. feature.

1) Out of roster weapons. In the German pz infantry battalions will be given an additional AT Rifle per platoon. It will take one of the shooters from platoon, under the threat of a tank attack.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2013, 09:00:40 PM »

Its not right in this case. ATR in German platoon (for example 24 Pz in 1942) is an additional weapon mostly w/o crew. It takes by one riflemen from platoon if needed.

Are you saying that since the PG platoon didn't have a GL rifleman during the Summer of 42,that the GL rifleman will in effect now be considered an ATR rifleman?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:04:53 PM by Dane49 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2013, 09:12:10 PM »

Are you saying that since the PG platoon didn't have a GL rifleman during the Summer of 42,that the GL rifleman will in effect now be considered an ATR rifleman?

Only if take ATR during tank attack. In default manner is regular rifleman.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2013, 08:35:08 AM »

May be add as option in qb in Mius

That would be great 8)
I play this game mostly with quick battles and that would be an excellent addition for extending my battles into mini campaigns.
Plus it would help in recreating more realistic platoon orders of battle for units that have been on the campaign trail for awhile.

I know you said maybe,so I know it isn't definite.
But it is a hopeful gesture.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2013, 08:44:11 AM »

With high probability Volokonovka will be updated too after Aug 13 patch.

lavish
Oberst

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2013, 06:21:12 PM »

Would it also be possible to improve the way how squad and platoon status (efficiency) is calculated? At the momoment there isn't easy and fast way to get a status report (visualization) from each squad and platoon in deployment phase. The current method to calculate squad/platoon state relatively to begin of battle is almost useless, IMO.

My new suggestion is to compare the status of squads/platoons to ideal full strenght reserve state (that is on the paper). Reinforced squads with increased combat efficiency could be indicated with a special marker/color or simply shown to be at full strenght.

I think this improvement would be very practical for the commander (= player) and help to evaluate fast the status of his troops in deployment phase and during the battle. Smiley

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2013, 06:31:58 PM »

Would it also be possible to improve the way how squad and platoon status (efficiency) is calculated? At the momoment there isn't easy and fast way to get a status report (visualization) from each squad and platoon in deployment phase. The current method to calculate squad/platoon state relatively to begin of battle is almost useless, IMO.

What does this mean? "calculate ....begin of battle". At tactical battle or in operation begin? Why is need to calculate something and why not look at the indicator?

My new suggestion is to compare the status of squads/platoons to ideal full strenght reserve state (that is on the paper).
"Ideal full strenght" what  is means?
Practically all squads/and especially platoons have a loses at start or overpowered.

1plat/1coy have a three squads, mortar and all with 25% loses, 2 and 3 plats in the same coy have a additional ATR squad, but w/o mortar and loses.
How to detect this "ideal"?

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2013, 06:40:20 PM »

If you mean the operational map

lavish
Oberst

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2013, 09:35:28 AM »

What does this mean? "calculate ....begin of battle". At tactical battle or in operation begin? Why is need to calculate something and why not look at the indicator?

During tactical battle. I was referring to this: http://simhq.com/forum/files/usergals/2013/04/full-27410-56236-shot_2013_04_16_14_29_14_0000.jpg

Quote from simhq (Andrey):
Platoon strenght computed from state when battle starts (not operation or turn starts). Otherwise, we may get strange situations, such as in the platoon had two tanks, you add two more - how many squares to draw?

I was trying to suggest a new more useful way of computing strenght of squad/platoon that is indicated by color/squares. To do this, a new reference state is needed.

1plat/1coy have a three squads, mortar and all with 25% loses, 2 and 3 plats in the same coy have a additional ATR squad, but w/o mortar and loses.
How to detect this "ideal"?

You're right, my suggestions fails. But there must be some way to standardise the indication of squad/platoon strenght. Maybe you as developers can come up with a good reference state? It may be from books/documents or determined in the beginning of operation, before first tactical battle.

Anyway, the goal would be to make it fast and easy to understand what is the combat value of squad/platoon by only looking at the indicator.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2013, 07:48:56 PM »

Simple exmaple - in platoon at start 2 tanks 3 squads, at process we change 2 squads from 3 to 1 tank (or gun) - platoon power is up or is down?
In the simulations, and other more or less complex games are no ideal solutions, even the good ones are rarely. There was more diversity.

In this case Indication shows power based on the initial strength at the beginning of the combat. This works well for both quick and operation battles. I agree that the display is not ideal, and may need to show an absolute value, but with it, for obvious reasons, it is not clear where the point of reference.

Wi think about it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: