Graviteam
April 26, 2024, 09:47:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Are tank guns correct?  (Read 33223 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 11:06:55 PM »

There's a VERY interesting parameter: 12 Incendiary
Is it possible to create a thank `thrower-fire`?

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 01:03:27 AM »

I think number 12 is the likelihood of setting the target on fire,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 05:03:36 AM »

Kyth, is correct! I tinkered with them may be 6 to 7 months ago increasing the value as I suspected it would make the targets more prone ot catching fire and indeed it did and I gave up because every shot would set a tank on fire. Grin  Unrealistic so I went back to normal values. I also tinkered with the frag value hoping to make the HE shells more lethal for the infantry but the results were disappointing.

I also tried to make the vegetation and tree catch fire but no luck. Only with the bridges did I succeed.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 06:14:06 AM »

every shot would set a tank on fire.
Then maybe it's possible to create incendiary grenade(cocktail molotova) and give it to the infantry?

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 06:16:32 AM »

Possibly.For your upcoming NTA 1.7 mod I would suggest trying to increase the lethality of AT and AP mines and I could try tinkering with the grenades in the common res see whether I can create the equivalent of a phosphorus /incendiary grenade.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 07:17:30 AM »

Possibly.For your upcoming NTA 1.7 mod I would suggest trying to increase the lethality of AT and AP mines
Good idea! Then I need a reasonable parameters with numbers.

and I could try tinkering with the grenades in the common res see whether I can create the equivalent of a phosphorus /incendiary grenade.
TANK - keep away from the infantry  Grin
AFAIK, incendiary grenade was ineffective, coz didn't work properly. It was a bottle with sand and gasoline plus a bit of fabric, which should be first fired. I think from 10 bottles may be only 1-2 worked as intended.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 10:04:45 AM »

AFAIK, incendiary grenade was ineffective, coz didn't work properly. It was a bottle with sand and gasoline plus a bit of fabric, which should be first fired. I think from 10 bottles may be only 1-2 worked as intended.

It's what we call in the West a Molotov Cocktail based on the name of the infamous Foreign Minister of Stalin....

Re the mines I am going to test what coefficient is reasonable/realistic and then report my findings.

Speasking of AP mines; I have never seen infantry tripping on them or being blown up by one in game.Has anybody noticed whether they actually work?Huh?
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 10:46:25 PM »

Didn't tank rounds have tracers? I know they do not in the game.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 02:51:25 AM »

How are things, have you downloaded and tried the revised files?

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 08:42:19 AM »

Fabianfred has been having crashes and it may be my fault. The files I emailed are of my own making; i.e they combined all the files of Beta 1.5, SP Mod 2.0 and NTA 1.6. This has always been my way to go but this may have caused conflicts on an install where you have various mods enabled. I personally don't need except mission packs or weather mod since I have an all comprehensive install in my own tradition.

This brings me to the issue of stopping this practice of making too many different SP mod and fixes. I liked Mistwalker's idea of combining Beta 1.5 with the Ultimate in his release of the Steel Panzer Mod 2.0.This I exactly what I have been doing for the past 3 years and which I have argued about . We should strive for that in the new NTA 1.7 release. Let's stop having multiple mods enabled. If later we need fixes then let's manually include them in the existing NTA 1.7 and simply amend the downloadable mod after testing of course. This way no more jumble of 15 to 20 mods enabled in the JSGME as I see screenshots of posted on this forum Shocked
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 12:40:16 PM »

My sympathies. If there's anything I can help with, let me know,

"Yes."
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2013, 05:35:52 PM »

How are things, have you downloaded and tried the revised files?

I downloaded and tried these files.  Seems to work in at least one of the missions I've tried so far.

Bring back 3D markers!
natalia99a
Major

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 07:32:50 PM »

I managed to recreate actual shell penetrations accordind to firing charts, it has 2 drawbacks.
first one is that alough shells penetrate accurately depending on range, the gunshight is messed up and i know no way of fixing that and so abandoned the project.
the second one is that it takes large amounts of time that i no longer have
a compromise i guess would be to adjust guns to their 500m value but that will to an extent give them more long range punch than they had, at least sights will be useable and no more five shot kills with tiger vs t34, well i should say well placed shots since the game does better than you would think with deflecting shots with extreme angles Smiley
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 07:35:08 PM by natalia99a » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

Luciano De Crescenzo
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 09:17:06 PM »

Which gun sight is messed up?

Bring back 3D markers!
natalia99a
Major

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 09:27:56 PM »

any gunsight that the changes are applied, a side effect of juggling in just the right amount of drag with the right ammount of penetration.
by current settings the penetration settings look rather high, for instance the br350a needs a 1.25 piercing but falls off rather quickly at range as does shell tragectory unfortunately.
another issue i gess would be what settings should target armor be set at? i read somewhere that germans used higher grade steel in target plates, so what would be a good setting in german vs soviet test steel quality?

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

Luciano De Crescenzo
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2013, 10:44:18 PM »

i read somewhere that germans used higher grade steel in target plates, so what would be a good setting in german vs soviet test steel quality?
If u want to be sure that german armor better than soviet, then apply the next changes to all german tanks:
Code:
armor_qual=1.0;
armor_frail=0.1;
armor_str=2100;
where
armor_qual - armor quality. The bigger is better.
armor_frail - armor fragility. The less is better, coz there are no fragments.
armor_str - armor strength. The bigger is better. Each "100" increased armor thickness abt ~30%

natalia99a
Major

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2013, 10:57:34 PM »

what should soviet target quality and armor thickness be set?

Luciano De Crescenzo
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2013, 11:02:18 PM »

what should soviet target quality and armor thickness be set?
Code:
armor_qual=0.85
armor_frail=0.7
armor_str=2000

natalia99a
Major

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2013, 12:04:46 AM »

ok i have jagdpanzer4's pzgr39_42L70 penetration to 2.662 at 500m will just penetrate 248 mm at 90° which is equalt to 124 mm at 30°

Luciano De Crescenzo
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2013, 12:50:01 AM »

ok i have jagdpanzer4's pzgr39_42L70 penetration to 2.662 at 500m will just penetrate 248 mm at 90° which is equalt to 124 mm at 30°
Does it mean that u got expected result and everything OK?

PS
As it appeared, there are several types of the Pzgr 75mm shell. Some of them were designed for the Hetzer, another for Jagdpanzer, PzIVH and PzIV F1/F2. At this moment 19will73 tries to accommodate all shells types(75mm) to the one standard. I'll upload the final result to have a test.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: