Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 08:56:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Pack 3.x  (Read 188073 times)
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2013, 09:28:52 PM »

I remember working on that desert mod ... a hill 206 map and sollum or something?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2013, 10:44:50 PM »

Excellent map and mission!
I liked it!

Desert 1?I it the one made by NSU?Huh?
Don't have any ideas.

I remember working on that desert mod ... a hill 206 map and sollum or something?
I'm abt to finish a second mission and it's not easy. Hill 206 should be adjusted.

PS
I got answer from Stone2009 how to place infantry in the building! Stay on tuned Wink

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:50:42 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2013, 10:49:47 PM »

And here's a second mission of the `Desert Mod`. It has the name `Gazala`.
Suppose it was made by NSU?

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2013, 06:28:09 AM »

Too bad NSU didn't keep on working on SF .They made good stuff for TvsT. What the desert maps need are palm trees or even some constructions but I suspect they would need to be modelled first. With the small maps in SF the potential to make varied missions is limited.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2013, 12:47:29 PM »

And now I put my hands on the missions made by Iceman Smiley There are couple and one is about to finish. I'll name it as "Road to Tobruk". I had to re-generate a polygon and add some units with randomizing. Also I have to add descriptions, map markers and tasks.

Steiner
Oberleutnant

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2013, 06:46:40 PM »

I have seen that you updated the mission pack 3.0 link adding the "Go to East" mission by Deviator Grin
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:19:45 PM by Steiner » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2013, 08:28:08 PM »

I have seen that you updated the mission pack 3.0 link adding the "Go to East" mission by Deviator Grin
U got me, partner Grin

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2013, 01:26:54 AM »

The first mission from Iceman is finished!
There were some difficulties, but finally I hope I've managed to get it over.
The main problem for me was - how to eliminate a grass???
This is a desert - means no grass at all or a very little bit. I tried many times to generate a polygon with other combinations and... no luck. But somehow, I cracked it Smiley U may see the difference on the pictures. It wasn't easy and looks not perfect, but it works Wink

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2013, 04:29:28 AM »

In the original, there was a big contour with 'sand terrain', but it didn't cover the entire map.
I had to increase the area of the contour cover the whole map,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2013, 05:06:38 AM »

I have been to Libya about 10 times although I confess never to Tobruk. But the desert does not really become intensely arid and devoid of any vegetation until 60 kilometres South of the coast where the main cities are. There's a transition area where you have a mix of desert and patches of grass so the map as originally designed is not unrealistic.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2013, 05:52:21 AM »

In the original, there was a big contour with 'sand terrain', but it didn't cover the entire map.
It was! But polygon didn't want to be generated  Angry Don't know what was the reason. If u've a look now at the source files, u'd better to take a seat first  Grin
And now tanks moves on the polygon a way toooo slooooow.

BTW
During mission adjusting I found out that original 3LOD's model of Pz III were replaced with a so-called `new` ones (dirt camo with 1LOD). I really don't understand why? So, I restored original Pz III.

There's a transition area where you have a mix of desert and patches of grass so the map as originally designed is not unrealistic.
It's just a game. Moreover, instead english soldiers there are a soviet Grin May be it's time to create english units? I've all handweapons and there are three types of tanks: churchill, matilda, valentine. We need only one AT gun and english units mostly will be ready. Oh, and there's even one bomber!  Cheesy

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2013, 06:01:10 AM »

It's just a game.

I know! I wasn't trying to Mistwalk anybody! Just trying to educate and entertain the masses that's all Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2013, 06:13:21 AM »

Just trying to educate and entertain the masses that's all Grin

I agree there's a gradual transition area from vegetation to desert, but the grass on the original map was of a lush, alpine green.  Cheesy

It was! But polygon didn't want to be generated  Angry Don't know what was the reason. If u've a look now at the source files, u'd better to take a seat first  Grin
And now tanks moves on the polygon a way toooo slooooow.

I remember it took me about 1 hour to regenerate the map. If I understand correctly, the 'sand terrain' is equivalent to 'mud terrain'.  Cheesy

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2013, 01:31:43 PM »

I remember it took me about 1 hour to regenerate the map.
One hour it's too much  Smiley Normally, generation of the polygon takes nomore than ~6min.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2013, 08:14:15 AM »

And a second mission by Iceman is ready Smiley
So, now we've four missions devoted to the `Desert mod`. Though I've another two missions by Stone2009, which I'll check, coz may be they are already included.
In this mission I'm the best at the balance "1" Grin Now I'm about to release a next version MP3.1, but I want to add a video to the mentioned missions.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »

Thanks to Kyth, now we've a video(~4min), which will start each time when u play the `desert` mission Wink

Lord_Haw-Haw
Major

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2013, 05:54:42 PM »

The desert,
I wish there was a M3 Lee/Grant in this game Cry ...is the M3 modeled in any game (1st person type)? ...the use all of 1 thru 5 position keys would be fun Grin

Thanks for all your work!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2013, 06:06:59 PM »

Yes it's modeled in i44, a WW2 mod made for Arma II, in Panzer Elite, in Forgotten Hope a WW2 mod made for Battlefield 2 and a couple other WW2 made for the same game. Not sure about Iron front Liberation 1944 ...
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2013, 07:39:50 PM »

I wish there was a M3 Lee/Grant in this game Cry
Stone2008 made this model, but for some reasons this unit never saw the light.

And here's a new updated MP3.1 with 5 new missions added. It's time to test Wink
As usually, re-d/l MP3.1 or wait until final version will be released.

Thanks to Txema for the great additional quotations!

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2013, 11:10:05 PM »

It seems they arrived just in time !!  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: