Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:11:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Pack 3.x  (Read 188074 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2013, 06:22:19 AM »

Is this the one that was called Xream5?Huh? It's the one where you go from a village surrounded by a few lakes on a very slippery road and you have to take out lots of Flack36 and stugs basically go around the map  almost back to the village to complete the mission? If that's the one it's a toughie! Shocked

I remember back in early 2009 playing those rare and sometimes tough as hell user-made missions from xream, Stone 2009.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2013, 08:33:06 AM »

Is this the one that was called Xream5?
No, Xream 4. The  mission started when a truck with shells came along the road tu u. Originally, the mission had only one balance, but now u may play various variants. Each of the variants is hard, but as usually 10 balance designed for the  diehard player Cheesy I made a lot of changes and greatly simplified mission to get rid off confusing during mission tasks execution. As I told, inspite of all my contrivances the mission is still tough and requests attention. Now balance 3-4 is quite OK for me Smiley

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2013, 09:19:25 AM »

Lockie what would be cool would be to have all your mission packs 1.0c, 2.0 and 3.0 merged into a mega pack.This way it would save having to enable/disenable various missions packs and possible file conflicts?Huh?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like to protect the bricks from those who shoot them....
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2013, 11:23:19 AM »

Lockie what would be cool would be to have all your mission packs 1.0c, 2.0 and 3.0 merged into a mega pack.
This is not a good idea. If I need to change anything I'd have to replace the HUGE mod completely! No, I don't like it. At this moment there are three mission packs and I'm quite happy abt it Smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like to protect the bricks from those who shoot them....
Grin I like shoot the protectors of the bricks also!  8)

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2013, 11:55:31 AM »

This is not a good idea. If I need to change anything I'd have to replace the HUGE mod completely! No, I don't like it. At this moment there are three mission packs and I'm quite happy abt it

That was just a suggestion or an idea I was floating.I see your point  8)

If you want to shoot those who protect the bricks I suggest you create a new mission for Mission pack 3.0 called " Frinik's Last Stand Behind his Brickwall"  Grin
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2013, 01:16:57 PM »

Finally, I've managed to finish Xream's mission at the balance 3 with original T-34/76 Grin

PS
Also, I fixed a field of view for the T-34/76 gunner, when he out of the turret. Now he has +160/-160 degree of view.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2013, 04:31:01 PM »

I started to accommodate another mission from deviator. This is a very interesting and DANGEROUS mission!
Coz u play for the PzII. I think, it was my first time from the very beginning, when I played for this vehicle. The user must play with a huge portion of cautious, coz even shot from T-26 on er tank and the game over Grin I don't even mention abt KV-1  Shocked With a 20mm gun and paper armor u've to be a very small mouse and keep er tank in the shadow of other units, when on the field battle such monsters as KV-1 Smiley

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2013, 06:57:49 PM »

Mission completed on the `balance 3` Smiley
"Pz II" is good tank, but only in case, if he is my enemy and I play for the T-34/76 Grin

And here's one issue. If u press "R" (reload), then er gun will wait reloading after each shot. It means - DON'T press "R" or u'll get a very slowly gun.

Lord_Haw-Haw
Major

« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2013, 09:46:40 PM »

And here's one issue. If u press "R" (reload), then er gun will wait reloading after each shot. It means - DON'T press "R" or u'll get a very slowly gun.

yep, ran into that, only select type of round 1,2,3 etc this works, it auto loads or I guess you are loading and not commanding a loader to load.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:48:46 PM by Lord_Haw-Haw » Logged
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2013, 10:23:30 PM »

Hi Lockie !

The mission for the Panzer II looks very interesting !!

However, if it is set in 1941 or 1942, the German tanks should use the early war grey painting... I think that for those 1941 and 1942 missions we will need a mod that turns all the German tanks to grey color, like the "return to panzer grey" SPM 2.0...

Is the "return to panzer grey" mod of SPM 2.0 compatible with NTA 1.7 ?? Or cold you please make it compatible?

Thank you very much for all your work in Steel Fury !!

Txema
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2013, 10:32:48 PM »

However, if it is set in 1941 or 1942, the German tanks should use the early war grey painting...
Yeap, but it's just a game. I used grey color approximately the last five years and it's became a little boring Smiley
And this is just a picture (backimage). Be my guest to make any changes Smiley

Is the "return to panzer grey" mod of SPM 2.0 compatible with NTA 1.7??
I don't have any ideas.

Or cold you please make it compatible?
Sorry, but it's not interested for me. Perhaps u should ask the author(authors) of the SPM2.0.

Thank you very much for all your work in Steel Fury !!
ROCK ON!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 10:38:15 PM by lockie » Logged

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2013, 04:00:01 AM »

The 'panzergrau' addon should be fully compatible between SPM 2.0 and NTA 1.7. Just swapping the skins for the tanks and apcs.

It needs to be expanded, because now the Panzer II and Sk 232 (amongst other vehicles and guns) have been mucked up with some yukky green camo. I can put up a quick compilation for download, to restore everything to their rightful colours -soon.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2013, 07:05:47 AM »

Easy to do permanently; just go into the texture folders for tanks and either paste over the feldgrau textures.

I personally like Lockie, like the camo schemes but I understand that people want authenticity.Whether applying new skins or getting back to the original ones is just a matter of 1 minute of work anyway.
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2013, 12:00:17 PM »

Hi Kyth,

Thank you very much !! I am looking forward to the 'Panzergrau' addon for NTA 1.7.

To my knowledge, the newest version of the 'Panzergrau' mod for SPM 2.0 is in the Sukhoi forums, and it is version 3. It will be probably a very good starting point for the 'Panzergrau' addon for NTA 1.7.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=78756&s=d0b37766b3822852fb3b2c0f6769ae4c

Thanks again !!

Txema

The 'panzergrau' addon should be fully compatible between SPM 2.0 and NTA 1.7. Just swapping the skins for the tanks and apcs.

It needs to be expanded, because now the Panzer II and Sk 232 (amongst other vehicles and guns) have been mucked up with some yukky green camo. I can put up a quick compilation for download, to restore everything to their rightful colours -soon.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2013, 04:29:58 PM »

The campaign `Belissa` by deviator is about to be finished. There is only one mission with BA-64 left. And now this is the fourth mission devoted to BA-10. Once again I didn't use this vehicle never before. It's has a stronger gun 45 mm, but the sound of it I completely disliked Sad I should replace it for something more louder. And a gunsight is out of my mind, too complicate, imho. The mission itself is quite easy up to 5 balance, then prepare for the diehard action Smiley

I decided that MarderII was killed... I was wrong. My BA-10 blew up in a very beautiful manner Grin

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2013, 05:15:32 PM »

Lockie, your wish has been granted Grin. I already include a new sounds for the 20k , the gun used by the Ba10 in my sounds mod.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2013, 12:24:07 PM »

Here's pre-last mission from Belissa campaign, as it appeared there was left one for the tank BT-5 Smiley
This mission was really funny Grin BT-5 is a VERY faster tank, I'd say EXTREMELY faster and has good armor (arm_ strength=2200) and a reasonable 45mm gun. So, it's some kind of rally with a gun Grin

But there's one problem. A shell UO240 (high explosive) has a speed of ~350m/s, which makes him completely unuseful Sad
Here's a picture, a main shell AP has a speed 750m/s and works good, but in case with HE shell at the distance 700m to the target, u've to setup a distance in gunsigt at 2500m!?

This is completely ridiculous and no fun, and no real.
So, I decided to adjust a "bit" the speed of shell and made it as 600m/s and decreased armor penetration.
UO240,0x01,%SHELL_HE%,20K,600,46,0.10,0.1,0,1,1,0,2.14,0.25,0.24,8,0.5,0.5,0.1,0,1,1,1,expl_gndm*,expl_techh*,expl_buildm*,expl_water*,expl_human*,fly1,0,1500,1,txt_shell_uo240,he_expl_pat,rico_pat,piece_pat,0,1,1,1,1,0xff40a807,3,1,30,SHELL_MED,SHELLC_MED;

It's still hard to hit anything with HE shell, but at least u've such posibility.

And here's another complain. This type of gunsight is a real crap.

U never know where to the shell will go and what the distance is.
I remember, I read somewhere that according to the soviet standard a gunner MUST hit the target from the 3 shots.
Well, has being looking at this crappy gunsight I'd have made a standard much wider: 1 hit from 10 shots.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 01:57:20 PM by lockie » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2013, 04:06:05 PM »

And finally the last mission from Belissa campaign. It has the name "Bird in the night" and devoted to the tiny soviet scout/apc - BA-64.

In fact, this mission has a very high status to execute. I think it's the hardest one, coz author thought that infantry was stupid and completely out of firearms. Well, it's not true. To be sure that infantry is a VERY strong and smart in SF, I'd recommend to test my mission "T-38 is a scout tank" from MP1.1(which was made in 2010). U'll see that tank is not a problem for the infantry. Also, the soviet apc BA-64 had a status as a scout unit, but gunner hadn't had a choice to put out erself and looked through the binocular. Now this bug fixed. D/l the last current_update. Place it the last in line.

Anyway, friends, the next portion of the missions is ready and LET'S HAVE IT!
Ther're 6 missions added at the current moment.
As usually, d/l the current pack to have a look what was done or wait when the final release will be proceed.

PS
Don't hesitate to send me by PM a quotations or history text to be as add-on for the missions. Of course, if u've any Smiley
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:30:35 PM by lockie » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2013, 11:23:26 PM »

Perhaps, Rommel will have a reinforcement with an italian pick Smiley
Guess who made this model? Wink

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2013, 05:27:46 AM »

Nostro Amico Alessandro Locki?Huh?? Grin