Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 07:55:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Pack 3.x  (Read 188061 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2013, 06:35:38 PM »

I love that bug! Can it be good for baldness? I am losing my hair.... Grin

May be your map had been corrupted? Open the map file(polypack) in the levels folder an see if some undesirable are not inserted into it. It happened to me with some new maps. The BSSR2 polypack contaminated many of my maps and I had to delete them and re-install them.
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2013, 08:12:43 PM »

I think Rends is onto other things.I don't recall him being on the forum since at least Jan 2013.
Hi,
i'm still here lurking in from time to time but havn't done anything for SF42 this year.
Will do a fresh SF42 install based on the list of the first post here to play the great stuff you have released in the meantime.thx for that!

Rends

Btw: yes i was of to other things and learn to play guitar. Wonder how that stuff sounds?
https://soundcloud.com/rends-1/vox-vt40-highway-to-hell-cover

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2013, 08:37:21 PM »

I love that bug! Can it be good for baldness? I am losing my hair.... Grin
Yeah, me also and each bug add me a huge portion of adrenaline and curiosity - what the hell with this game  Huh?  Roll Eyes

May be your map had been corrupted?
Perhaps, I've already sent a message to deviator to have a look on his source files of the polygon.

Welcome to the board, Rends!
There are a lot of new stuff, would be pleased to see a new missions from u!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:40:52 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2013, 06:13:51 AM »

Did you check(open) the polypack folder?

When my new maps were being contaminated by the BSSR2 polygon everytime I would put a new polypack and generate the map instead of turning into a new one it would turn into a copy of the BSSR2 one  Angry( in my opinion one of the best maps ever created for SF ).Sure enough I would open the new map polypack folder in "levels" and I would find all kind of files hei, grass, water etc and what looks like UV type maps of BSSR2 in addition to my new map polypack.At one point it got so bad I couldn't create/generate a new map anymore so I had to delete BSSR2 , install all my new maps and then paste BSSR2 again and then generate it.

I also tried a trick to avoid having the same problem in the future; entering the name of the BSSR2 map in the list of maps in the reg_poly folder rather than in the user-Regpoly one which would be the default one for user-made maps.It worked.No more problems. You are right Lockie this game is all about patience, trial and error, persistence( or should I say stubborness/doggedness?Huh?) and the willingness to experiment and find unexpected solutions.

Hi Rends welcome back!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:31:30 AM by frinik » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2013, 08:04:04 AM »

Did you check(open) the polypack folder?
The problem was exactly in the polygon. It was a bit complicated issue, but I got it Smiley As it appeared, a polygon `Turen` was generated on the base SPM2.0, where common_res has a bug as aditional non-informative entry `bush4`. From the very beginning, when I firstly applied a sunflowers in the mission `defend faterland`, I also placed a haystack(all models made by Maleshkin). Unfortunately, haystack had only 1LOD and wasn't correctly converted into the game. So, I commented it. Everything worked, but for some reason, it was un-commented in SPM2.0 (though this entry doesn't has description nor model) and finally a bug created Smiley
Each piece(bush, trees) of flora has his unique number. When polygon `turen` was generated(on the base of spm2.0) a `sunflowers` got a number 17, because of additional bugged entry `bush4`. In may case this number was a `palm`, because `bush4` was commented. Anyway, I got over this issue - adding additional `spm2.0 compatibility sunflowers` Smiley

Of course, I had to regenerate a desert maps, cos instead palms they had `sunflowers`  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:07:46 AM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2013, 08:32:40 AM »

in SF for very simple problem there's a complicated solution! Grin
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2013, 03:01:58 PM »

Two missions for the soviet side are already prepared. They plays quite OK in case, if u un-check "automatically repair tracks" Smiley

Would be interesting to enclose a video to this short campaign.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2013, 04:10:03 PM »

I found a video on youtube "Goldap Goldap 1944". Suppose, it will suit perfectly to the missions!

BTW
There's a possibility to attach TWO videos to the one(!) mission. Well, I discovered it only right now and a bit shocked with such wonderful abilities of the game for the user  8)
I found resource with "Die Deutsche Wochenschau", thus with video for the german side there won't be a problem Wink
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:50:42 PM by lockie » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2013, 08:27:18 PM »

I've prepared the next four pictures for the campaign "Turen" and appropriate texts added Wink

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #149 on: October 04, 2013, 11:52:47 AM »

Mission "Big gun" is extremely tough! I've managed to finish it only on the 2 balance with two additional spg's SU-85 added. I played more than 15 times and only one try was successful. Nevertheless, the original plan to execute mission still has place on the 5 balance. Everybody got to choose Grin

Without hint(orange square) it's almost impossible to finish mission successful.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:54:22 AM by lockie » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »

The third mission "Indispensable `Rascal`" accomplished and I may say it had the same stage of difficulty as a mission "Big gun". Well, I added 1 AA gun 88mm, one infantry platoon(mod.44) and a couple `hetzers` at the lowest balance, but it didn't help me Cheesy

Funny, but game didn't calculate SU-76 at my score, inspite that mentioned unit was completely destroyed, though it had a status "immobilized".

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:40:53 PM by lockie » Logged

witt 88
Oberleutnant

« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2013, 06:38:31 AM »

Hi Lockie
             Thanks again for your great work on the mission pack 3.2. I have everything installed as per the guide on page 1. For some reason mp 3.2
won't show up in the mod enabler. mp 3.0 will !!! I didn't worry too much as first but now there are too many missions to miss out on. Any ideas I can
work on would be great.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2013, 07:14:33 AM »

1. For some reason mp 3.2 won't show up in the mod enabler. mp 3.0 will !!!
 I didn't worry too much as first but now there are too many missions to miss out on.
What the missions are not available?

witt 88
Oberleutnant

« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2013, 07:48:21 AM »

I have it now showing up on the mod enabler. But 3.2 is not on the campaign and missions screen. Everything else is. Double checked the install order. Hope I can get it going 3.2 has so many extra missions than 3.0
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2013, 08:16:54 AM »

Hope I can get it going 3.2 has so many extra missions than 3.0
At this moment only 20 missions are available. I think the next five will be included during October.

witt 88
Oberleutnant

« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2013, 08:39:28 AM »

Lockie
          Can u think of anything I can do to get 3.2 on the camp and missions screen. Maybe I have d/l everything fresh and start again. S/Fury is a mystery at times but worth it.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #156 on: October 06, 2013, 08:47:24 AM »

Can u think of anything I can do to get 3.2 on the camp and missions screen.
I don't understand what's wrong with `camp and missions screen` at er installation? Can u enclose a picture with explanations - what would u like to see?

witt 88
Oberleutnant

« Reply #157 on: October 06, 2013, 08:55:30 AM »

I would like to see mission pack 3.2 appear on the camp and mission screen. It is now activated on the mod enabler but doesn't appear on the game screen to play. A shame.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2013, 09:06:46 AM »

I would like to see mission pack 3.2 appear on the camp and mission screen. It is now activated on the mod enabler but doesn't appear on the game screen to play. A shame.
Sorry. It'll be fixed in the next version.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:08:42 AM by lockie » Logged

witt 88
Oberleutnant

« Reply #159 on: October 06, 2013, 09:12:17 AM »

Its ok. Will go and try and work through it. Have been trying to no avail. Its puzzling!! Really enjoy playing the missions you are making available.
Thanks anyway
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: