Graviteam
April 16, 2024, 06:34:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Pack 3.x  (Read 188130 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2014, 07:54:26 AM »

The next missions were included into MP3.3c:

29. Save general Frinikenko! (M26 `Pershing`)

30. Polunino, 12 August 1942, 12:30 (Sd.Kfz 7/1)

31. Polunino, 15 August 1942, 16:20 (Stug III C/D)

32. Sieg oder Tod (Pz.V ausf. G "Panther")

33. Polunino, 30 June 1942, 12:30 (Mk.III "Valentine")

All missions requests the current FebrUpd_2014. So, install updated MP3.3c and then a new FebrUpd_2014 consequently.
A couple words abt missions.
Save general Frinikenko! (M26 `Pershing`) it's completely fantastic mission, which was made just for fun and for those who likes shoot the bricks Smiley
Polunino, 12 August 1942, 12:30 (Sd.Kfz 7/1) based on the real battle "Rzhev meat grinder". It's interesting to test a new unit. Same misson for the StugIII(C/D) is a VERY VERY hard mission. It's playable, but lack of the MG makes this mission almost impossible to pass over. First, I wanted to change Stug on PzIII, but deviator(author) told me, that those types of the tanks didn't use in the battle. So, I decided to leave the original author's idea as it was.
Sieg oder Tod (Pz.V ausf. G "Panther") a completely new experience for the user Wink You must taste this mission without any words saying! Smiley
Polunino, 30 June 1942, 12:30 (Mk.III "Valentine") This is interesting and a very smooth playable mission, coz it has a small quantity of the units. There is a well-known tank `Valentine` under user's control. The combat task is capturing the hill. I'd say, this is a classic mission for the SF.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:25:05 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #221 on: February 16, 2014, 06:32:45 PM »

Suppose, we shall see a new MP3.4 soon Wink
At this moment my favorite mission from Polunino campaign is "Polunino T-60". It is a very hard and variable mission!
I'm playing at the balance "3", allies "4", enemy "0"(3-4-0) and still got the loose Grin
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 06:43:19 PM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2014, 09:24:58 AM »

I have played a few missions of Mission Pack 3.3 and kudos they are well done and the new maps are very impressive.Both Comrade Deviator and Lockie seem to have been very busy! Wink I am very impressed by the touch up done on the desert maps; the addition of grass, bushes and palm trees really give a much better and genuine flavour than the vanilla ones. One little remark when you compare how sluggishly the tanks move on the sandy areas in game compared to how swiflty they were moving as you can see it in the intro ww2 docu reels you wonder why can't we make the terrain easier on the tanks?
I really hope those new mission packs attract more players to SF because that game really deserves to be known better. I saw daskal who also plays or used to play SF, posting youtube vids of his missions on Panzer Elite on the SIMHQ Forum with all the latest mods ( Ostpak etc) and I couldn't stop commenting that while PE undeniably deserves respect as the dean of all WW2 tank sims, SF is better in almost very area .Just my own opinion....
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #223 on: February 24, 2014, 09:53:01 PM »

I have played a few missions of Mission Pack 3.3 and kudos they are well done and the new maps are very impressive.One little remark when you compare how sluggishly the tanks move on the sandy areas in game compared to how swiflty they were moving as you can see it in the intro ww2 docu reels you wonder why can't we make the terrain easier on the tanks?
Thanks for the good words!
Of course, it's possible to `repair` sand to enable more faster and smooth moving of the tanks, but I did it deliberately. I mean, I forced such kind of the ground(sand) to slow down the tank's movement.
In fact, the original ground was exactly for the fast movement. Anyway, if there will be another complain to change the ground to provide more faster movement, then I'll do it.
And here's a new campaign from Deviator `Herrenhaus Pettend`. There are four missions for the next units:
- Pz V (Panther G)
- SU-100
- Pz VI (Tiger II)
- T-34/85
The main feature of the campaign is a winter mod, which is really need to be adjusted. And I will try to make all necessary adjustment to provide more reality. First of all fix all trees (third lod), add snow to all houses, ice instead water(by Stone2009) and `shapka-ushanka`/fur hat (by Maleshkin) for the soviet artillerist Wink
All missions will be included into MP3.5. At this moment one mission is ready.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:05:13 PM by lockie » Logged

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2014, 03:05:55 AM »

Lockie, I think it would make more sense for mud or deep snow to slow tanks down.  Why did you wish to slow them down?

Bring back 3D markers!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2014, 09:31:09 AM »

Lockie, I think it would make more sense for mud or deep snow to slow tanks down.
Agree.

Why did you wish to slow them down?
There are two reasons:
1. This is a feature of the sand to slow down the units.
2. Sand placed only out of the road. Means if u go along the road then it goes smoothly without sluggish, but if u out of the road - there will be slow down.
OK, I see another complain and I'll re-done the polygon to provide more faster movement for the tanks.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #226 on: February 25, 2014, 07:38:32 PM »

I was just curious, not complaining Cheesy

I haven't tried the mission yet.

Bring back 3D markers!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #227 on: February 26, 2014, 06:03:18 PM »

Second mission is ready.

I may say that this `mammoth` is almost invulnerable, if moves a very slowly and always face off his forehead, then mission completed successfully!  8)
Each time when I played mission, I got approximately eight hits and only hit in the side is fatal. That was a second time when I played for the `King Tiger`, coz I don't like such monsters Smiley

I was just curious, not complaining Cheesy
I haven't tried the mission yet.
OK, then I won't change the polygon  Wink

bidounegger
Major

« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2014, 08:50:18 AM »

good morning everybody !
hello Lockie
this mission "counterstrike" seems very interesting ! where can we find them ?

Thanks !

have a nice day !
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2014, 01:54:19 PM »

this mission "counterstrike" seems very interesting ! where can we find them ?
This mission is under testing. Suppose all four missions will be ready in a couple weeks and there will be the new MP3.5.

PS
Interesting case happened to me. I was out of ammo and there was still one T-34/85. I think he had broken barrel, coz didn't shoot at me. Anyway, victory didn't count me. So, I decided to make ram attack and finally a T-34 crew ran out and I got victory Smiley

PPS
This picture was made with 4xAA switched on.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:59:19 PM by lockie » Logged

bidounegger
Major

« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2014, 02:47:19 PM »

thanks for your answer , Lockie !

realistic picture !

I (and soo many) will be waiting for ne  MP3.5 !...

have a nice end of the day !
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #231 on: February 27, 2014, 03:46:52 PM »

Lockie,

These winter missions look very good !!

It will be very interesting to have them in MP 3.5   Smiley

Thank you !!

Txema
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #232 on: February 27, 2014, 04:42:24 PM »

Hope, I'll finish them(missions) at weekend.
And here is a third mission ready. The main unit is SPG SU-100. Mission is very hard, but has some interesting and unpredictable moments. I'm sure u'll like it Wink

All credits goes to Deviator. He has made all missions and polygon. I just compiled them and a bit adjusted.

bidounegger
Major

« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »

Helo !

so, THANKS so to DEVIATOR !

have a nice week end !
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2014, 09:46:47 AM »

Fourth mission is ready. It was really hard to repel attack of the THREE "King Tiger". It's almost impossible to kill them  Shocked
That's why I decided to add a couple SU-100 depends on the balance. So, I played on the balance "3" and had 3 T-34/85, 2 ATG 76mm and 2 SU-100. I've managed to destroy two APC(one from ~900m) and 2 KT,  but I missed the third one and got a shell in my turret Smiley  Mission failed, but I hope to complete it soon successfully Smiley Mission is quite interesting, coz u've to see where KT's locating and pick up a better position to hit them in the side.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2014, 06:22:18 AM »

This winter mod is really looking great. Compared to the first one that came  out in 2009 it s like day and night_! Great worked comrade deviator!

Re the KT its wimp in game but in real life it was really hard to kill.90% were lost to self destruction by their crews or mechanical failure.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2014, 06:26:23 PM »

MP3.5 is about to be ready. So, this is for testing purposes only, coz some minor bugs still has place. Also here is pre-alpha March Upate 2014, which has some adjustments:
- fixed animations of the mgunner(SG-43, Maxim, Vickers, M2HB)
- fixed textures for the all jagdpanthers (removed black spots)
- fixed animation for the "eyelash" of the driver hatch for the SU-100 and T-34/85, fixed positions of the markers
- fixed headlight for the SU-76
- adjusted gunsight for the T-60
- fixed MG platoon (germany)

Installation order:
1. Unofficial patch_SF_v0.1_(ENG) link #1, link #2
2. Sound Mod (NTA) 1.1
3. NTA 1.8 full(beta) partI, partII
4. Mission_Pack_3.5
5. FebUpd_2014
6. MarchUpd_2014(pre-alpha)
7. Winter_Weather3.4(optional, for the last four missions "Herrenhause Pettend")

Features of the "Winter Mod 3.4"
v3.4 compatible with MarchUpd_2014 NTA1.8 (01.03.2014)
- added 3d model fur-cap to all soviet artmen
- all building textures painted in the winter colour
- fixed all textures of the german soldiers
- added new winter camo for many tanks
- adjusted all textures/camo of the units for the campaing "Herrenhause Pettend" by  Deviator

Special thanks:
- woofiedog (quotations)
- Tanker (proofreading)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:57:55 PM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2014, 08:21:21 AM »

May I make a suggestion? Rather than going down the slippery slope of piling up updates on top of one another we merge them each and every time till we have enough to merge them all into an NTA 1.9?

I am quite willing to take part in to any such compiling.... This way we will continue with the great improvement that NTA 1.8 is over previous mods.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:26:46 AM by frinik » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2014, 09:35:07 AM »

Rather than going down the slippery slope of piling up updates on top of one another we merge them into one each and every time till we have enough to merge them all into and NTA 1.9?
I agree. To my justification, I may say that it's only for testing. Officially, MP3.5 and MarchUpd weren't released. 

Deviator
Oberleutnant

« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2014, 11:45:26 PM »

Hello.
Thanks for my missions in MP 3.x!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: