Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 02:28:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Politically incorrect German Flag with latest patch  (Read 8318 times)
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« on: August 26, 2013, 02:13:27 AM »

Just to let you know unless you modify the latest patch's gtos_patch_march13d1_eng  files  menu_game0000_dift.loc_def.texture and map_map_marks0000_dift.loc_def.texture your not going to see any previous swastika flag mod. Graviteam moved the file icons around (added a Chinese flag that patch {along with other things} for Zahlanashkol 1969).

Those texture files can be found in C:\Achtung Panzer Operation Star\data\k43t\dev_updates\shared  if you unflatten tex_replace.flatdata in the shared file
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:17:16 AM by Rod » Logged
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 08:07:25 AM »

Got to wondering what you are using to handle .texture files.
There were some Python based tools about, are they still the only things?
Just in case I ever want to try modding something - Is it possible to scan through the .texture files quickly?  (i.e as with a thumbnails browser etc) 

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 04:17:27 PM »

Got to wondering what you are using to handle .texture files.
There were some Python based tools about, are they still the only things?
Just in case I ever want to try modding something - Is it possible to scan through the .texture files quickly?  (i.e as with a thumbnails browser etc) 

They are all in .atf format.  It is a gravi thing.  there is a mod tool called atf to .dds.  DDS is standard game texture format.  It should open as a .dds in things like photoshop and gimp.   In the case here. The texture sheet contains lots of stuff.  PLants and things like this share texture space to save file size.  Vehicles are easy in that they are named pretty much what they are. So you poke around in the unflatten texture folder it is ease to find those at least. 

Oh and no built in browser.  But their is some logic behind the naming convention so USUALLY is not hard to find what you are looking for.

Yabba dabba do
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 03:54:05 AM »

I'm strictly using the tools provided by GRAVITEAM. I got a handle on doing the very simple stuff graphics plus the games have matured with the patches and are more stable if you change some things.
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 11:56:39 AM »

Thanks for the info, I will take a look & see how I get along.  I assume GT have a .texture to .dds tool somewhere, or how are modders editing existing skins?
Quite a few layers of info in these DDS but might be fun if I get a few spare hours!!
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 04:13:35 AM »

I use PaintNet and GIMP and Photosshop. Depending on which compter I'm on. Vehicle have dds and bump maps. But I haven't messed with those.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 05:01:13 PM »

Just to let you know unless you modify the latest patch's gtos_patch_march13d1_eng  files  menu_game0000_dift.loc_def.texture and map_map_marks0000_dift.loc_def.texture your not going to see any previous swastika flag mod. Graviteam moved the file icons around (added a Chinese flag that patch {along with other things} for Zahlanashkol 1969).

Those texture files can be found in C:\Achtung Panzer Operation Star\data\k43t\dev_updates\shared  if you unflatten tex_replace.flatdata in the shared file

What is meant by "unflatten"?  How do you do it?

Bring back 3D markers!
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »

Compression/file packaging routine.

..Achtung Panzer - Operation Star\docs\modwork\flatwork\unflat.cmd
& feed it the file.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 05:50:30 AM »

God I hate those words" politically incorrect" Angry
I think you mean the historically correct Nazi flag!

That phrase is used to denounce one form of censorship by replacing it with another.

Dictators and would be dictators love to use pat little phrases like that,which usually implies that those who are considered politically incorrect should be either censored,punished or sent some where to be re-educated.

The fact that those phrases have crept into the vocabulary of every day usage by corporations,government and the educational system is very disturbing!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 05:02:01 PM by Dane49 » Logged
BigDuke66
Major

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 05:00:42 PM »

Didn't know we had a swastika mod for this game at all?
Where can I get the "historically correct" flag?
Does that work with the latest August patch?

"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
THE BLITZ WARGAMING CLUB
Mission: To help the rookies, connect the regulars and honor the hardcore!
JOIN AT http://www.theblitz.org
spillblood
Oberleutnant

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 10:28:29 PM »

God I hate those words" politically incorrect" Angry
I think you mean the historically correct Nazi flag!

That phrase is used to denounce one form of censorship by replacing it with another.
Yeah, I'm not a Nazi, but the censorship of those symbols in computer games in Germany annoys me to no end. Swastikas are allowed by law in movies, but not in computer games (because movies are considered art in Germany, and games not yet), so everything has to be censored and if there's one swastika left a game can get pulled from the shelves (this even happened to a big computer games magazine when they forgot to censor one single swastika in a Wolfenstein preview).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: