Graviteam
April 26, 2024, 03:30:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need help with patches!  (Read 4783 times)
Saurteig
Oberleutnant

« on: August 24, 2013, 10:50:43 PM »

I am at a loss and need help.  Downloaded the game and the patch from gamers gate.  I unzip the patch with winzip, and the installer will not open the unzip gt2 extension file.  One problem is that the the gt2 extension file seems to not be formatted corrected.  The default program is windows shell common.  If I use 7zip will that ameliorate this? Google searches for "programs to launch gt2 extension" only result in a number of results for malware programs that promise to open all sorts of files.
Please help
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 11:22:11 PM »

Ok patch is in 2 parts.  You the small exe 5.81 right?   You run that... let it install the MS crap.  Then it will open up the game updater.  If the file is a ZIP file do not unpack.  Uses the drop down file thing...like a regular windows select file type.  And change file type to .zip.  Find you zip file and install.  DOne.

Yabba dabba do
Saurteig
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 11:27:26 PM »

perhaps because winzip was factory installed, it downloads as a zipfile.  No drop down feature. ...
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 11:51:01 PM »

No not worry about winzip.  Cheesy  >zip file is supported by the installer.  Assuming it was packed right the installer will read it.  But you have to set the file type in the installer to .zip.  the little down arrow in lower right corner of updater.

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 12:06:54 AM »

http://gravitac.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Installing_updates_and_modifications  also that can help

Yabba dabba do
Saurteig
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 12:22:21 AM »

I put the zipped file in the game folder--NO DICE. Someone please help.

EDIT--Well I can update but once I do it wil not start. I created the game in a different folder C-Operation Star. ...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:05:16 AM by Saurteig » Logged
Saurteig
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 12:59:40 AM »

Hold on think I may have it, at least with part 1. ....

EDIT--Well I can update but once I do it wil not start. I created the game in a different folder C-Operation Star. ...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:05:43 AM by Saurteig » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 02:31:03 AM »

Sounds like you did not set the path for the patch.  So it used default and installed it there.  YOU ARE VARY close however.  DO what you did but when the line that says C:graviteam\operation star ... or whatever...  There is a browse button next to it.  Hit that and click on where you installed the game too.  Just the folder is all that is needed.  It will then install patch.  Just remember the 5.81 then let it open the updater...

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 04:25:40 PM »

I still do it the old way!

I unpack the file with WINRAR and extract the contents it to its own patch folder,then when I open the in game updater I direct it to the patch folder I created and locate the core folder,then open the drop down and select all files till the desc. appears,then I select the desc. wait for the clock icon to complete its cycle and click save and play.

I never have problems updating the old way.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 05:09:04 PM »

well that works too!  But if in zip format why add the extra step!

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: