Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 02:03:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions from a newbie  (Read 16372 times)
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 07:30:08 PM »

http://gravitac.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Beginner's guide or manual there can help.

If you have a desc.addpack file in the core folder, that is the file you must direct the installer to for EACH patch.
If no desc.addpack, look for eng.gt2extention file.(not in Core folder ususally)  All the dlc's have that form I believe.  You must direct the installer to that file to install.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 07:35:36 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
DoctorJ
Oberleutnant

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 07:45:31 PM »

Well I added the desc.addpack file, however except for Krasnaya Polyanka nothing shows up in the Campain selection. They do however in the Update installer thingy
Mucka
Oberleutnant

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 08:06:40 PM »

Well I added the desc.addpack file, however except for Krasnaya Polyanka nothing shows up in the Campain selection. They do however in the Update installer thingy

Are you sure? Volokonova shows up under operation "fall blau" for example in the campaign screen. You must click on that first and then the campaigns will be revealed beneath.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2014, 08:10:54 PM »

Do not unpack .gt2extension! DLCs on GamersGate are usually ZIPed or RARed gt2extension files. You need to install the gt2extension file.
http://gravitac.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Installing_updates_and_modifications#Quick_instructions

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
DoctorJ
Oberleutnant

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 05:23:55 PM »

Everything is working out so far, I can see Fall Blau and all the other DLCs, however Fall Blau is 1.09, that's the only thing that bugs me.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2014, 06:10:33 PM »

Everything is working out so far, I can see Fall Blau and all the other DLCs, however Fall Blau is 1.09, that's the only thing that bugs me.

What's the date on the Volonovka42 GT2extension patch file that you downloaded?

Mine is gtos_vol42_sep13_eng_rc1.gt2extension

Bring back 3D markers!
DoctorJ
Oberleutnant

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2014, 06:14:02 PM »

I have no such file. I downloaded from gamersgate and the only thing there was was a desc.addpack and some CORE files.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2014, 06:48:23 PM »

Ya I just re-downloaded and installed Hooper..  I forgot....that SILLY GAMERS GATE uses the older way to install this stuff. 

In the updater...

Lower right corner change the type of file it looks for from gtextention to either all...or .addpack.  Find where you placed the patch, click it save and play.  the clock should appear and after its done you should be good to go. 

Speaking of which I am REALLY wondering if there are newer versions of older DLC's on GG.  Because they have not been packaged like this for SOME time.  Since I have not been dealing with these patches and DLC's for quite a while I am a bit perplexed. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:50:49 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2014, 07:14:18 PM »

The latest versions are shown on the wiki. I keep the screenshot there up to date.

All DLC's are mar13, exceptions are: hi-res pack and Zhalanashkol - jul13, Volokonovka and Shilovo - sep13.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2014, 07:18:02 PM »

SILLY GAMERS GATE uses the older way to install this stuff.
No, they just pack a regular gt2extension into ZIP or RAR for some reason. Although, I haven't checked those downloaded with their installer.

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2014, 07:26:02 PM »

So need to tell people to ignore the huge DOWNLOAD button and look for the small download latest version link.  Vary counter intuitive. The giant DOWNLOAD button seems to be the 1st released version and not the latest patched ones.  Undecided

Ya....I just did that the other day having forgotten that GG is a bit disorganized on the links and downloads.  Well I find it to be that way,
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:28:03 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: