Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:24:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Any update on Mius front?  (Read 410159 times)
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2013, 03:56:09 PM »

The ability of the AI is one of the main reason I like wargaming.  I have never had any interest in online gaming because I want to see an AI in action, not a person.

I fully expect Failteam incidents, but sometimes that is interesting (& it's not as if there aren't plenty of human 'what are you thinking?' incidents out there!).

I can see the line between ToW style micro-management & AI unit distribution will be critical for gamers.  From a programming point of view I personally would probably be working on the AI instead of allowing players to have access to manipulate each squads composition.  From a gamers POV I sometimes like to micro round a bit.  Smiley

Given time & scale I hope Andreys approach pays off for GT.  I can live without micro'ing if the AI has evolved to annoy me enough.  Grin

@Dane
I think I have commented on BFC before on here, the new CM has been a disappointment for me.  The 'winning formula' with a facelift isn't doing it for me. Pricing seems a bit punitive, with ToW as a case in point, it is often 3-5x higher on BFC than it is on GG or Steam, that doesn't seem logical to me.  Paying for patches to the CM line also seems a bit dubious given the array of significant game-changers GT has pushed out for free during their products life-times.

I have wondered if, instead of gamers worrying about multiplayer in GTOS etc, whether a PBEM component could be feasible - perhaps as a separately purchased add-on.  As I say I like to study AI so it isn't a big deal for me, but it could be interesting for some to 'share saves' as it were.

Is your field of interest strictly modern war?  If not Histwar is definitely worth a look (there is a demo) AIs as General & his staff is definitely something I find interesting to see.  The upcoming version looks very visually impressive.   Not that you should EVER be $spending on anything but GT products of course.   Tongue Wink

Mius Front - Are we there yet? Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2013, 05:27:16 PM »

Not much interested in the Napoleon Wars at the moment.
Been reading a lot about the American Civil War lately and looked at Scourge of war but the graphics in that game are not up to the standards I've come to expect from a Graviteam product.

I've become quite the graphics whore since GTOS and while gameplay is important also,graphics are as equally important to me in that respect.

Tried the demo for the battle for the bulge a few weeks ago and the whole time I was playing it all I could think about was how much I wished Graviteam had tackled this subject and how much I would enjoy playing a game about this battle done the Graviteam way.

Went searching around the internet for something that might do as a substitute and all that came close was CM and they aren't even there yet and I'm already familiar with that game and find it lacking in areas that according to my tastes only Graviteam has a handle on and seems to understand how to do this right.
I doubt BF can,will or ever meet my expectations again after playing GTOS.Hence my semi rant about their game.

I seem to be drawing blanks when looking for new games to play about other WW2 theatres and other wars lately and decided to give gaming a break and do some reading for a change till Graviteam releases its next product.
I played Shilovo for 2 weeks straight and burnt out on gaming for awhile.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2013, 11:40:00 PM »

Improved repair system in GTMF
https://www.facebook.com/Graviteam/posts/611613608897917

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2013, 06:25:20 PM »

I am hoping Mius will achieve the 'spectacle of war' more effectively.  Scale of battles is something difficult to grasp.   Even if you are there.  More units on a bigger field would be especially fun in HD on a huge screen with theatre sound.  Grin
Getting the AI to handle the little tasks will be interesting. 

The new repair system sounds like it will give a bit more realism.  From a command POV it all sounds like a more realistic approach.  Handling the unforeseen brought in by unfamiliar officers resonates with what Andrey has said so far.

Dane which Bulge game are you referring to?  I try to keep abreast of wargames but there is a lot of rubbish out there & only so much time!  I must have eye-candy.  The emulation of paper hex maps & card counters is a format that is painful to play for me nowadays (even if its' on real paper!).

On the subject of repair & reading - you read Belton Coopers book - Death Traps?
& for the East -
Red Sniper on the Eastern Front: The Memoirs of Joseph Pilyushin is accessible & informative. I can see why the book is still popular after many years in print. 
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2013, 06:42:09 PM »

@Chashka17

This one:
Matrix Games - Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge - Downloads

www.matrixgames.com/products/377/downloads/

Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2013, 08:00:12 PM »

Yep,
The removal of badly damaged vehicles from the field for repair, and their return to the reserves is alot more realistic than having an immobilised unit laying about.
Ive often wondered if when ordering ammo or fuel the resupply trucks would be able to drive to the unit in question during the playing phase.
And then drive back of map, to simulate the drop, as they dont seem to do much at the moment? Just a thought.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2013, 10:14:58 AM »

I am hoping Mius will achieve the 'spectacle of war' more effectively.  Scale of battles is something difficult to grasp.   Even if you are there.  More units on a bigger field would be especially fun in HD on a huge screen with theatre sound.  Grin

Not for me..more units..game becomes a click fest..may aswell play a myriad of WW2 RTS games if that happens. Thankgod for the ability to limit the battle radius..also thank god for it due to performance issues since Shilivo.
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2013, 10:57:53 AM »

Me too, the latest DLC dragged my FPS down to 5 or 6 in places, a slideshow. As I don't have any money for PC replacement or upgrades in the forseable future I think that Mius might be a "Bridge too Far" for me Smiley

Cheers

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
cuca_
Hauptmann

« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2013, 01:31:52 PM »

Me too, the latest DLC dragged my FPS down to 5 or 6 in places, a slideshow. As I don't have any money for PC replacement or upgrades in the forseable future I think that Mius might be a "Bridge too Far" for me Smiley

Cheers

Aces
Same here
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2013, 05:54:43 PM »

Miraculous stuff is now here: http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11382.0.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2013, 09:08:17 AM »

Somthing new
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=171459&d=1383337322

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2013, 09:34:13 AM »

Very nice thanks Andrey

Regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2013, 02:30:15 PM »

ooohh that´s a good news Smiley

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2013, 09:19:26 PM »

Somthing new
https://www.facebook.com/Graviteam/posts/618151274910817

lavish
Oberst

« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2013, 10:36:57 AM »

Towing of guns is cool, though I guess one rarely can afford to use it during tactical battle. But anyway, it's cool. Smiley
When one do, will the ammunition be transported also?
How about motorization of guns in operational phase (if not motorized by default)?

"Missions" are also cool, but in contrast to some other fellow players here, I don't really like Quick Battles.  Cheesy

Keep it up!  8)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2013, 10:05:18 PM »

Towing of guns is cool, though I guess one rarely can afford to use it during tactical battle. But anyway, it's cool. Smiley
When one do, will the ammunition be transported also?
Yes, in virtual manner with guns

How about motorization of guns in operational phase (if not motorized by default)?
Controlled by player, but in Mius you need to take real trucks (not fake as in GTOS), and if lacks of trucks or they are broken, then there will be problems with the motorization. You can motorize not motorized or demotorize motorized at any turn. If you have a transport units of course.

"Missions" are also cool, but in contrast to some other fellow players here, I don't really like Quick Battles.  Cheesy
Despite the fact that the mission is now called as quick battles and quick battles are called as "quick battles editor" , missions they're somthing other than a quick battles in GTOS. It's like a snapshot for battles that you can do for any battle in the operation (and even for that which has not yet played) and play it in advance, or later. Share for the other players or for devs if it have a bugs  Cheesy, and so on.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:12:00 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

lavish
Oberst

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2013, 09:32:17 AM »

Controlled by player, but in Mius you need to take real trucks (not fake as in GTOS), and if lacks of trucks or they are broken, then there will be problems with the motorization. You can motorize not motorized or demotorize motorized at any turn. If you have a transport units of course.

Sounds great. I assume that the trucks are seen on the battlefield also - which makes towing very useful if the guns must be relocated quickly.

Despite the fact that the mission is now called as quick battles and quick battles are called as "quick battles editor" , missions they're somthing other than a quick battles in GTOS. It's like a snapshot for battles that you can do for any battle in the operation (and even for that which has not yet played) and play it in advance, or later. Share for the other players or for devs if it have a bugs  Cheesy, and so on.

Sorry, but I still can't fully understand. Grin

So I guess that missions are exactly the same battles ("flame icons") that occur during operation after AI has moved and finished its turn?
I.e. missions are a saved state (snapshot) of possible battles in an operation after player and AI has finished movement of turn X?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »

towed guns  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2013, 01:29:29 PM »

So I guess that missions are exactly the same battles ("flame icons") that occur during operation after AI has moved and finished its turn?
Yes, its a source for missions.

I.e. missions are a saved state (snapshot) of possible battles in an operation after player and AI has finished movement of turn X?
Yes. You can save battle from operation or from QB as mission and you can even play it forward (in opeartion case) in training purposes of course.

lavish
Oberst

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2013, 11:05:27 AM »

you can even play it forward (in opeartion case) in training purposes of course.
In short: a clever cheating system  Grin Grin Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: