Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 01:53:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Any update on Mius front?  (Read 410178 times)
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #200 on: January 08, 2014, 01:52:52 PM »

Blimey!! Cheesy

Time I put that Science Degree into some use Smiley
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 01:54:50 PM by Aces » Logged

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2014, 07:21:11 PM »

Not quite
http://imgur.com/YOQJXp1

Shows the maximum view distance with a given height in the field of discrete measurements on uneven scale.

Yes, this is what I meant with "a projection of a 3D-sector data" (which is made by a set of discrete measurements in practice). Glad to hear this feature is so well executed!

I also liked this one: http://i.imgur.com/3awAzEw.jpg. I interpret the picture so that invidual LOS is now visualized for every crewmember in the vehicle. Though not that useful on uneven ground, I think it's an interesting demonstration of vehicle viewports/LOS modeled in the game.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2014, 11:53:26 PM »

Artificial intelligence versus human!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:30:10 PM by Krabb » Logged

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2014, 03:54:09 AM »

They'll pull those stugs out of the swamp in 70 years. Grin

Bring back 3D markers!
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2014, 11:18:20 AM »

New LOS-tool, verrrry nice.

Can't say about AI though, because real good AI is adaptive in multiple situations. But in this case I can see that AI can do its job properly, so good work.  Smiley

Oh, how about orders in Mius? What is changed/removed and how it's gonna work compared to GTOS?

They'll pull those stugs out of the swamp in 70 years. Grin
Sorry, not enough turns.  Grin
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #205 on: January 15, 2014, 03:15:14 PM »

I was wondering if the patching process for Mius front was being cleaned up?
Towards the end of OpStar it got real messy with dlcs breaking each other and stuff.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #206 on: January 15, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »

Oh, how about orders in Mius? What is changed/removed and how it's gonna work compared to GTOS?
in plans:
1) block "idiot-orders" possibility
2) penalties for bad orders and compare for AI orders chain after battle (may be affects for results)
3) expand and easy in-game any time modding for order tools

in plans yes
Now we remove bad things from game, like mini-map, squad icons, menu panels, etc.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #207 on: January 15, 2014, 03:39:57 PM »

I was wondering if the patching process for Mius front was being cleaned up?
Towards the end of OpStar it got real messy with dlcs breaking each other and stuff.

more or less. Day patchs for Mius from nov13 installs like Windows extensions ->Explorer/Install

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #208 on: January 15, 2014, 05:16:03 PM »

Now we remove bad things from game, like mini-map, etc.

What will replace the information now available on the mini map? 

Bring back 3D markers!
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #209 on: January 15, 2014, 05:52:02 PM »

Now we remove bad things from game, like mini-map, etc.

F10 Grin
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #210 on: January 15, 2014, 08:28:08 PM »

Map, or 3d view

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2014, 01:47:42 AM »

@lavish what does F10 show?

@Andrey how is mini map "bad"?

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2014, 08:17:45 AM »

@lavish what does F10 show?

map

It covers part of 3D view w/o appreciable profit.

Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2014, 10:00:08 AM »

Seems like a good feature to make optional - I like clicking on the minimap to move the camera
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2014, 11:02:26 AM »

Seems like a good feature to make optional - I like clicking on the minimap to move the camera

Mini map will be removed.
Optional between no and no. Sorry

lavish
Oberst

« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2014, 02:24:09 PM »

IMO, minimap was kinda useless anyway... I especially hate it in shooter games - you always have to keep one of your eyes on it.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2014, 03:48:01 PM »

I won't miss it.
I have it disabled in my game now and usually just reference the the other map.
The mini map was an eye sore and visual distraction when playing on the 3D map.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2014, 05:26:00 PM »

It will be a few different game than APOS/GTOS and correspondingly there are several other tools.
We make it even more hardcore and realistic in terms of simulation, but... softer to the players in terms of ingame tools and interfaces.
As an ideal - maximum realism with a human face. Plus an ability to visually check the different aspects of the game by player.

For example visibility - you can see what smoke from shot or dust from wheels hiding somthing for some time, etc. Or example armor penetration besides regular statistics and diagrams will be right in the game in real time displayed why the weapon penetrate the target (or not penetrate). All of course will count the game itself.

But somthing "old tools" will be removed or replaced by new ones. For example - squad icons->section icons, LOS -> removed, ALOS -> new modern ALOS, LOF -> Advanced LOF, events table -> events chain, green squares->LOF markers on the ground+immediate auto placement and more more.

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2014, 05:49:31 PM »

Sometimes find it hard to follow the info on the new features\changes. I just can't wait for a release to see it myself:)

One thing will we be getting a multi region release at the same time this time? I hope we don't have to wait like we did for a English version of GTOS.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2014, 07:18:02 PM »

Sometimes find it hard to follow the info on the new features\changes. I just can't wait for a release to see it myself:)

Last pictures in this FB page
https://www.facebook.com/Graviteam

One thing will we be getting a multi region release at the same time this time? I hope we don't have to wait like we did for a English version of GTOS.

Eng/Rus - both standard locales for game, it will be multi-language like last DLCs for GTOS - in one pack (x86/x64 + Rus/Eng) - autodetect on install.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: