Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:48:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Any update on Mius front?  (Read 410219 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2014, 04:34:31 PM »

Its always there when I want to play,
Doesnt team kill, or log off mid battle if things are not going his way!

Yes, AI very socially responsible and not frustrating to player through inappropriate behavior (in social aspects). And even more, it did not swears in chat.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #301 on: January 30, 2014, 04:40:35 PM »

Well WO,T where you can't choose your opponent, is very different from a game where you can play against an accomplished opponent of your choosing. 

Mass without dropouts is the only way to ensure the availability of players at any time, but it also contradicts the fact that the play will be as you like.
If sensibly speculate that AI rather grow wiser than multiplayer games will have plenty of advanced players  Grin

Andrey my quote was meant to convey that you can't compare WOT to GTOS in terms of selecting the quality of your opponent.  If GTOS allowed playing against a human opponent, I could always choose a quality opponent and play exactly as I wished.  This is so because I would not choose a random opponent thrown at me in some game lobby.  I would choose a friend with whom I could agree on the ground rules for the game.

On another point, finding and playing with compatible opponents fosters friendships.  I've met quite a few opponents while playing CM, TOAW, IL2 etc, that I consider friends and still play on line games with.

I think GT is going in the right direction by trying to improve the ai and hopefully make a PvP option available also.

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #302 on: January 30, 2014, 04:46:22 PM »

Doesnt team kill, or log off mid battle if things are not going his way!

LOL, what kind of friends do you have?  You need to choose better opponents.  Opponents that act like that won't have friends or playing partners for long.

Besides, you can't team kill in a game like GTOS.  I wish people would stop comparing their MP experiences in a game like WOT to what would occur in a game like GTOS.  If you've ever played Combat Mission, against ONE opponent, you'll have some idea of the potential here.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #303 on: January 30, 2014, 04:56:56 PM »

LOL, what kind of friends do you have?  You need to choose better opponents.  Opponents that act like that won't have friends or playing partners for long.
This is the reality for those games that can be called MP, instead of pretending - to play with 2-5 opponnents only 2 hours on Saturdays.

Besides, you can't team kill in a game like GTOS. 
But why? Artillery barrage on allied positions is the best and simple way to do it Grin

I wish people would stop comparing their MP experiences in a game like WOT to what would occur in a game like GTOS. 

I would be happy if we would have an MP like WOT (player count/session time/resources), and very unhappy if it will be like CM. But in reality will be second its sad.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #304 on: January 30, 2014, 04:57:14 PM »

I'm looking at this as a replacement for World of Tanks-War Thunder Tanks.

Flak Panzer

Stug

It seems to have the same game mechanics as WOT.  You'll still have the potential to be teamed up with bozos unless you join a team of disciplined players.

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #305 on: January 30, 2014, 05:03:07 PM »

This is the reality for those games that can be called MP, instead of pretending - to play with 2-5 opponnents only 2 hours on Saturdays.

Besides, you can't team kill in a game like GTOS. 
But why? Artillery barrage on allied positions is the best and simple way to do it Grin

I wish people would stop comparing their MP experiences in a game like WOT to what would occur in a game like GTOS. 

I would be happy if we would have an MP like WOT (player count/session time/resources), and very unhappy if it will be like CM. But in reality will be second its sad.

I can't understand your responses Andrey. 

What I see is one person (allied) playing against another person (axis).  You can't team kill in that situation.  What are you seeing?  Multiple humans on the same team?

It's certainly not the reality when I play opponents in TOAW, FITE, or CM.  It is the reality when you play WOT. 

Make your MP for GTOS so that I can choose whom I play against and with, not from a silly public lobby like WOT.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #306 on: January 30, 2014, 06:55:02 PM »

What I see is one person (allied) playing against another person (axis).  You can't team kill in that situation.  What are you seeing? 
In simple case yes.

Multiple humans on the same team?
Yes, COOP or team vs team.

That I'm not talking specifically about the hipotethical Mius MP Smiley, and generally about normal MP realisation in wargames.
With tournaments, teams, coop etc. Not best or even good - simply normal MP mode.

It's certainly not the reality when I play opponents in TOAW, FITE, or CM.  It is the reality when you play WOT. 

And this is very very bad. No proper implementation in wargames, no audience and as a result it does not pay off and the realization makes little sense.

StkNRdr
Oberleutnant

« Reply #307 on: January 30, 2014, 07:23:49 PM »

I am new to APOS and really liking it.

I don't know if this is feasible with either APOS or PF but for me I prefer an MP game via PBEM.  I currently play a person several time zones away and playing a direct connect real time game is just not possible.

We both use Head 2 Head Helper (H2HH) which makes playing PBEM so easy.

Congratulations on a well conceived and executed game.  Looking at enjoying this for a while.
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #308 on: January 30, 2014, 07:33:25 PM »

Hey back in the day i played IL2 FB/1946 in a large squad JG5.
You could sit for hours in hyperlobby waiting for people to join a MP CooP mission only for some idiot to team kill or log out while the rest where waiting to take off.
That was so frustrating!
My point is people are people, the AI wont prat around it just does what its suppose to do, when you want it to do it.
Id love to find an opponent who would play GTOS my way, but i doubt it.
The game would need the ability to lock out certain settings, and both would have to be happy with these.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #309 on: January 30, 2014, 10:51:38 PM »

You could sit for hours in hyperlobby waiting for people to join a MP CooP mission only for some idiot to team kill or log out while the rest where waiting to take off.
That was so frustrating!

In this case AI can substitute such a conniving player  Smiley
And basically substitute all of the players, which leads us back to the uselessness of MP mode  Grin

Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #310 on: January 31, 2014, 01:22:21 AM »

As Patrick Henry said at the Virginia Convention, 'Give me multi-player or give me death'.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #311 on: January 31, 2014, 05:04:37 AM »

That was so frustrating!

In this case AI can substitute such a conniving player  Smiley
And basically substitute all of the players, which leads us back to the uselessness of MP mode  Grin

It absolutely not useless.  That is just sly propaganda. Grin  I'll bet a team of humans (well practiced and used to working together) could beat the ai in GTOS or Mius.  It's not useless because a human will give you a more challenging game than the ai, despite what you say.

I play IL2 multi player campaigns with 60 players all the time even today.  No one team kills or logs out intentionally.  No one would think of doing such a thing.  That's because the players are serious players from all over the world that are there to recreate history and WW2 combat. 

In fact you can join in SEOW (Scorched Earth Online Warfare) IL2 campaigns if you're still into the game.  HSFX 7.0 and Team Daedalus have continued to develop the game with new features and content.

If you do MP Andrey, it's essential that you have a mode where you can choose who is going to play in your game and what position they will play.  Do not leave it up to match making software to throw together some random strangers.  You will end up with the same pile of dung that WOT has.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #312 on: January 31, 2014, 10:44:06 AM »

If you do MP Andrey, it's essential that you have a mode where you can choose who is going to play in your game and what position they will play. 
You offer some primitive way  Grin

Reasonable option looks like this - fully automatic choice for opponent on criteria you have specified (battle type/params/force pool, etc). With this, you do not even know you're playing with a human or with AI Cheesy. Just opponent with the same conditions.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #313 on: January 31, 2014, 05:55:54 PM »

You offer some primitive way  Grin

[/quote]

Ask the makers of Combat Mission, or Command Ops: Battles From the Bulge.  They could explain better.

Besides, I want to know who I'm going to play, not to play "Russian Roulette" with who I'm going to get.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #314 on: January 31, 2014, 07:25:10 PM »

Ask the makers of Combat Mission, or Command Ops: Battles From the Bulge.  They could explain better.
This games not have something interesting in MP nor in terms of mass audience either in terms of game modes or infrastructure. No need to ask. We have the same worst MP mode from 2004 (T-72 BiF) even better with coop mode Smiley.

Besides, I want to know who I'm going to play, not to play "Russian Roulette" with who I'm going to get.

Unfortunately, in an unpopular genre you have no choice. You have the option to play somehow almost always or rarely play but with the choice.

Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #315 on: February 01, 2014, 02:39:48 AM »

You have the option to play somehow almost always or rarely play but with the choice.

I think something is being lost in translation. What does this mean?

Actually the only thing I need to know is will I be able to play a game against Tanker and any other worthy opponent I choose?

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #316 on: February 01, 2014, 03:14:44 AM »

I would have the option to play with whom I wished, whenever I wished, if the devs arranged it that way.  Just make it so I can give Missouri Rebel my IP, then we can chose our battle and be on our way.  The games I mentioned as examples are in the same genre as GT games.  Tactical war games with small, niche player bases.  Their way of implementing play between two or more humans is perfectly suited for people that wish to play against a friend.  That's interesting to me and a lot of other players.  Your games do not have mass audiences.  They are a niche market.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #317 on: February 01, 2014, 10:26:28 AM »

I think something is being lost in translation. What does this mean?
If we have small audience, we can do
1) manually select for opponent, and you can play for example 1 day in week, 1-2 games, in other time game fails in MP mode. Its sad but its real state of things in wargames - MP is feature that fails 9 times from 10.
2) automatically select, even replace in some worst moments humans to AI transparently for player, even with small audience this mode can reach fails 1 from 10, or no fails at all. We can do coop modes, tournaments or dynamically operations with realivitly many players.

Actually the only thing I need to know is will I be able to play a game against Tanker and any other worthy opponent I choose?
Of course, now we dont see big perspectives in MP, and do (if it happens) only one this primitive way for play against friends. Dont worry Smiley

JamesX
Hauptmann

« Reply #318 on: February 01, 2014, 04:01:26 PM »

(forgive me multi player supporters)

Hey Andrey, I think you should devote all your personal cpu running time to the AI, as that's where its really at.
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #319 on: February 01, 2014, 04:16:37 PM »

I think something has been lost in translation.
When we say multiplayer, are we meaning multiple players, ie 4,5,6.... players or more.
Or 1v1?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: