Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 09:33:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Any update on Mius front?  (Read 410211 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #320 on: February 01, 2014, 04:19:56 PM »

I think something has been lost in translation.
When we say multiplayer, are we meaning multiple players, ie 4,5,6.... players or more.
Or 1v1?

I'm confused here also.

What type of multi player does Graviteam think will work best with this game and is considering implementing?
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #321 on: February 01, 2014, 05:22:03 PM »

Perhaps we should adopt the naming convention of SP, 2P, and MP?

Bring back 3D markers!
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #322 on: February 01, 2014, 05:39:50 PM »

Perhaps we should adopt the naming convention of SP, 2P, and MP?

+1
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #323 on: February 01, 2014, 08:19:01 PM »

Oh, no  Huh?

Ok, goto from far

Any feature in game, what we want. If you start game now - you want to use (work for) this feature? Yes?
For example 3D render, or ability to send orders, or menus etc.

If we start game and it not have menu we call this case - bug? Yes?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:15:30 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #324 on: February 01, 2014, 10:01:59 PM »

Dont panic Andrey!
I think most people here would just like a 1v1 Quick Battle, not some sort of full 10v10 3hour multiplayer campaign.

I personally prefere to play against the AI, but i can see why people would want a 1v1.

Tanker, that was the point i was trying to make, i dont think multiple players would suit this game.
Not that there was anything wrong with IL2, Im loving the way BoS is coming on.
Now thats a game that does suit multiple players (squads).
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #325 on: February 01, 2014, 11:12:56 PM »

I think most people here would just like a 1v1 Quick Battle, not some sort of full 10v10 3hour multiplayer campaign.

yes  8)
1v1 Quick Battle aka 2P
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:22:11 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #326 on: February 02, 2014, 01:23:57 AM »

Yes, I agree.  1 vs 1 or 2P is all I'm after. 

Bring back 3D markers!
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #327 on: February 02, 2014, 04:50:29 AM »

1 vs 1
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #328 on: February 02, 2014, 10:28:44 AM »

Oh no.

But how about "we want MP" ?  Grin

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #329 on: February 02, 2014, 03:59:35 PM »

Oh Noooo!

Multi player would ruin the gaming experience for me.

I could never play this game with a bunch of children or idiots and would spend most of the game just being pissed off at the idiots who have no understanding of how to play or could care less if they ever learned.

I would enjoy playing against someone who is as serious and dedicated to the game as I am but never with a multi player aspect gaming with noobs and pay to win crap that ruins any serious tactical game play.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #330 on: February 02, 2014, 04:21:06 PM »

But how about "we want MP" ?  Grin

ONLY if I can choose who will be playing in the game on both teams.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #331 on: February 03, 2014, 12:33:04 AM »

Newest features in GTMF (in Russian)
From this post
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=81577&p=2051159&viewfull=1#post2051159

lavish
Oberst

« Reply #332 on: February 03, 2014, 09:47:19 AM »

Excellent!

Questions:
Are the penetration calculations for diagram done in a two dimensional plane (player selects height: lower hull, upper hull, turret)?
Is the calculation done for one spesific armor point in the vehicle (hit location constant)?
Or is it done by tracing a true vector from gun to target tank model (hit location depends on the position of gun)?

p.s. I would recommend to add coordinate units for axis in the diagram: 2 km (max distance), 15 deg (angle).
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #333 on: February 03, 2014, 10:33:52 AM »

Are the penetration calculations for diagram done in a two dimensional plane (player selects height: lower hull, upper hull, turret)?
Yes, 3 planes like in AP epures

Is the calculation done for one spesific armor point in the vehicle (hit location constant)?
Of course no, please see last post in this topic I am upload real diagrams in it.
Armor object treated as box (three boxes in our case) that have slopes in elevations.
Diagram draws by changing azimuth in 4 sectors and rotate vector from -90 to 90, and we have 4 hodographs for each shell.

Or is it done by tracing a true vector from gun to target tank model (hit location depends on the position of gun)?
from position of gun depends only shell start position. Hit depends from trajectory fin. All this has nothing to do to diagramms. Diagramm is a reference book, look at the realistic ones that I brought in last post.

p.s. I would recommend to add coordinate units for axis in the diagram: 2 km (max distance), 15 deg (angle).
Very noisy work, extra digits are not needed, especially since they never change from dia to dia. And in the next part, you will can see why it is not necessary Smiley

Game automatically computes all you need  Wink. No big sence to use distances or angles manually.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 10:57:07 AM by andrey12345 » Logged

lavish
Oberst

« Reply #334 on: February 03, 2014, 11:44:47 AM »

Armor object treated as box (three boxes in our case) that have slopes in elevations.
Diagram draws by changing azimuth in 4 sectors and rotate vector from -90 to 90, and we have 4 hodographs for each shell.

Thank you, this is what I was interested in (i.e. what do diagrams really mean).

Remember that players may think this is exatcly how the game calculates armor penetration. But as far I've understood, your model is more complex than that (including spesific armor maps) - remember to write about it, for example: "Diagrams are only an estimate of armor penetration. In-game calculations may differ depending on the circumstances".

hodograph

Nice Grin

Very noisy work, extra digits are not needed, especially since they never change from dia to dia. And in the next part, you will can see why it is not necessary Smiley

Ok.  Smiley I just though that it would be dummy proof to add the indication "2km" and "15deg" once. However I agree that it's generally not needed, if documented well in the helper.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #335 on: February 03, 2014, 11:55:46 AM »

Remember that players may think this is exatcly how the game calculates armor penetration. But as far I've understood, your model is more complex than that (including spesific armor maps) - remember to write about it, for example: "Diagrams are only an estimate of armor penetration. In-game calculations may differ depending on the circumstances".
Its about epures, tactical diagramms more precise thing due to work in 2D.
In combination with epures (2.5D case) this tools give answer - where is armor penetration practically in any cases.
All this work do by the game in realtime for you.

But it is info tools not calculation itself. Calculation more and more complex even in GTOS.

hodograph

Nice Grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hodograph

Not for military purposes, but practically same thing.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 11:58:07 AM by andrey12345 » Logged

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #336 on: February 03, 2014, 03:11:33 PM »

Advanced LOF part 2
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=81577&p=2051593&viewfull=1#post2051593

after some time,we try to translate in English

lavish
Oberst

« Reply #337 on: February 03, 2014, 04:46:29 PM »

Beautiful presentation! For some reason it made me smile. Smiley Definately practical with detailed (and usefull) information. Love it. You guys have studied some natural science (math/physics), I can see that.

Google translate worked for me (it was pretty bad, but could be understood with pictures).
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #338 on: February 03, 2014, 07:04:55 PM »

I learned two new terms and concepts.  Hodagraph and epure.  They say you should learn a new thing every day.  I'm twice lucky today.  Thanks. Smiley

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #339 on: February 04, 2014, 09:58:46 AM »

I learned two new terms and concepts.  Hodagraph and epure. 

haha

In translation we use "soft" variants - diagramm and chart Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: