Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 01:40:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Any update on Mius front?  (Read 410177 times)
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #340 on: February 04, 2014, 10:40:26 AM »

ah diagram and chart now you're talking my language Andrey!  Grin Grin

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #341 on: February 04, 2014, 11:20:24 AM »

ah diagram and chart now you're talking my language Andrey!  Grin Grin

I think in this thread gathered the most hardcore wargamers Cheesy
And simple things as hodograph and epure not cause difficulties.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #342 on: February 04, 2014, 06:40:58 PM »

hodograph and epure

Hodograph might be ok, since it's a special case of this spesific type of diagram, but epure sounds very gibberish like - I don't know much about history/military (compared to developers or some forum members) nor their convention to use these terms in their literature. As a scientist I found it delightful in a way to see these terms in the context of the game that also has relatively complex visual presentation build in it. You know, games tend to avoid anything that is close to analytical or that would require some thinking. And IMO, thinking can sometimes be fun.  Smiley

I guess many players will not understand the meaning of those diagrams, not at least immediately. It does not mean these players are stupid, but they might not be familiar with these kind of presentations. To be honest, it took some time even from me to interpret these diagrams exactly. But those who are curious to learn will find this feature exciting - it allows them to explore the dynamics of the game more deeply. And that (dynamics) is what I like in this game the most beside realism and authenticity.

Ahh, yes, I think diagram and chart are much more general and safer terms.  Grin

Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #343 on: February 04, 2014, 07:29:09 PM »

Changes in armor penetration charts

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #344 on: February 04, 2014, 08:07:08 PM »

but epure sounds very gibberish like - I don't know much about history/military (compared to developers or some forum members) nor their convention to use these terms in their literature.

https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=epure&year_start=1800&year_end=2000&corpus=15&smoothing=3&share=&direct_url=t1%3B%2Cepure%3B%2Cc0

As a scientist I found it delightful in a way to see these terms in the context of the game that also has relatively complex visual presentation build in it. You know, games tend to avoid anything that is close to analytical or that would require some thinking. And IMO, thinking can sometimes be fun.  Smiley
Smiley

I guess many players will not understand the meaning of those diagrams, not at least immediately. It does not mean these players are stupid, but they might not be familiar with these kind of presentations. To be honest, it took some time even from me to interpret these diagrams exactly. But those who are curious to learn will find this feature exciting - it allows them to explore the dynamics of the game more deeply. And that (dynamics) is what I like in this game the most beside realism and authenticity.
Game automatically adopts this diagramms to current moment and make all calculations. From player need only to check it.

Ahh, yes, I think diagram and chart are much more general and safer terms.  Grin
Yes we use it in official English presentations.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:36:38 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #345 on: February 05, 2014, 11:53:18 AM »

and, by way of comparison https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=gibberish&year_start=1800&year_end=2000&corpus=15&smoothing=3&share=&direct_url=t1%3B%2Cgibberish%3B%2Cc0  Grin

As you'll observe 1915 was a bad year for gibberish but, given the gravity of the events taking place at this time you can postulate as to why this was the case however gibberish is definitely on the up in the 21st century peaking at an all time high in 2002!, a pretty prophetic statement of modern times I guess, but, enough of this.....gibberish Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 12:05:07 PM by Aces » Logged

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #346 on: February 05, 2014, 12:41:15 PM »

Oh, pointed this interesting utility, at my head. Now the debates about the terms come to a new level Smiley

Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #347 on: February 05, 2014, 12:43:56 PM »

LOL Andrey, couldn't resist a bit of fun Cheesy

Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #348 on: February 05, 2014, 05:32:49 PM »

Armor penetration charts and tactical diagrams relationship

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #349 on: February 05, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »

Posted by: Aces 

Insert Quote

LOL Andrey, couldn't resist a bit of fun Cheesy

Posted on: Today at 12:41:15 PM
 Posted by: andrey12345 

Insert Quote

Oh, pointed this interesting utility, at my head. Now the debates about the terms come to a new level Smiley

WTF!!
https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=WTF&year_start=1800&year_end=2000&corpus=15&smoothing=3&share=&direct_url=t1%3B%2CWTF%3B%2Cc0
 Grin Cheesy
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #350 on: February 06, 2014, 08:57:09 PM »

Cheesy
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #351 on: February 15, 2014, 04:48:55 PM »

Andrey,
When does Graviteam plan on releasing the Mius Front game?
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #352 on: February 23, 2014, 02:19:51 PM »

New awesome small tool

Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #353 on: February 27, 2014, 06:09:57 PM »

Automatic grouping of units

Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #354 on: February 28, 2014, 07:12:04 PM »

New orders interface

lavish
Oberst

« Reply #355 on: February 28, 2014, 08:04:58 PM »

Welcomed additions.  Smiley

p.s. I hope the patches in the future won't reset player profile settings.
Mucka
Oberleutnant

« Reply #356 on: March 11, 2014, 09:44:42 PM »

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it.
I understand Graviteam are a Ukraine outfit so it is perfectly understandable that they concentrate on the Eastern front and I believe Mius will be no different but will they ever expand to the Western front?
I expect most of their players are Eastern Europeans and Russians so they may not think it worthwhile but of course I would love to see a Western front game (or Middle East/African campaign) with the Americans and British pitted against the Germans and Italians.
Do Graviteam ever see themselves publishing a Western front game?

Hey then onto the pacific Islands and the Japanese eh? Tongue
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:46:37 PM by Mucka » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #357 on: March 11, 2014, 10:51:22 PM »

Yes it has been brought up before and we beat that horse to death.
While Graviteam isn't against the idea the cost factor is the main concern.

Almost everything would have to be made from scratch.
New buildings,trees,grass,Allied forces etc....

Andrey said if a publisher was willing to finance a west front module they would probably do it but most of the work would have to be contracted out and new tanks and destructible terrain and buildings are very expensive and time consuming,especially since west Europe is comprised of many different building types another reason why they most likely aren't looking at any urban battles either for the east front.

Flashburn was working on a Tunisia DLC and the map he started looked great but He said it was way too much for 1-2 people to tackle without more help.

Graviteam also said they have a Russian/Japanese DLC they may add to the new Mius front game about the Nomanhan battle in 1930's Manchuria.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #358 on: March 12, 2014, 01:31:15 AM »

Gravi was at least interested in the Longstop project.  In fact the map is not that far from done.  The issues with that was everything else, lack of British and US historical info with incomplete German documents.  I still have some hope left for it.  BUt Mius is more bread and butter thing.  These games are good, perhaps when/if they get more notice more money will appear? 

Yabba dabba do
Mucka
Oberleutnant

« Reply #359 on: March 13, 2014, 03:07:00 AM »

Yes it has been brought up before and we beat that horse to death.
While Graviteam isn't against the idea the cost factor is the main concern.

Almost everything would have to be made from scratch.
New buildings,trees,grass,Allied forces etc....

Andrey said if a publisher was willing to finance a west front module they would probably do it but most of the work would have to be contracted out and new tanks and destructible terrain and buildings are very expensive and time consuming,especially since west Europe is comprised of many different building types another reason why they most likely aren't looking at any urban battles either for the east front.

Flashburn was working on a Tunisia DLC and the map he started looked great but He said it was way too much for 1-2 people to tackle without more help.

Graviteam also said they have a Russian/Japanese DLC they may add to the new Mius front game about the Nomanhan battle in 1930's Manchuria.

Yes I almost wrote that as one of the considerations as to why they might not go that direction.
I wouldn't mind fairly generic buildings (Normandy was mainly countryside anyway) and just the US forces as a first attempt but I guess it is just not worth their while at the moment.
I'm not surprised it has been talked about before, it is an exciting prospect for those of us in the West and would offer some good variance.
Could you point to the original thread though as I couldn't find anything.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 03:08:40 AM by Mucka » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: