Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:43:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Any update on Mius front?  (Read 410218 times)
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #580 on: July 31, 2014, 03:00:32 PM »

9) MP mode in tac battle
Ultimately, you will add a multiplayer mode? Grin
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #581 on: July 31, 2014, 03:05:17 PM »

9) MP mode in tac battle
Ultimately, you will add a multiplayer mode? Grin
As I asked before, release will be somthing from 8 to 10.
May be yes, may be no.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #582 on: July 31, 2014, 07:13:00 PM »

12) release? this year? Say yes please Wink
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #583 on: July 31, 2014, 08:04:31 PM »

12) release? this year? Say yes please Wink

8.5) release open beta - this is most real state of things

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #584 on: August 02, 2014, 06:23:04 AM »

Any new gameplay stuff?
Yes but is mostly hidden in code and hard to show.

-right simulation for constant and variative delayed detonators.
-bullets and shells physically modelled as convex objects with real sizes, not as material points.
-new paths tracing system for shell fragments -> now near to real counts of fragments is used
-more broken parts and more randomness in vehicles

and lot of other staff in modelling and game-data organisations

Wow sounds great!

But sad we won't get a new WW2 tank sim to use it in too, well not yet at least.
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #585 on: August 03, 2014, 02:16:35 AM »

(...)
-bullets and shells physically modelled as convex objects with real sizes, not as material points.
(...)
Surely you don't mean MG bursts, Andrey? Wink
I hope it won't clog our video cards during intense fire exchanges. Especially because of those nasty buzzsaws.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:18:21 AM by Lemonade » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #586 on: August 03, 2014, 05:33:24 AM »

I do not think this will have much effect on performance.  I mean its only going to have the shell/bullet on lowest level of LOD right? 

Yabba dabba do
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #587 on: August 03, 2014, 06:57:43 AM »

I think you misinterpreted it.

It's not going to give the shell a 3d model (I think).  It's so a 88mm shell can't pass through a 10mm hole anymore.  I doubt it would need to apply to things as small as mg bullets.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #588 on: August 03, 2014, 08:43:25 AM »

(...)
(...)
Surely you don't mean MG bursts, Andrey? Wink
I hope it won't clog our video cards during intense fire exchanges. Especially because of those nasty buzzsaws.

your video card is not in danger  Grin

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #589 on: August 03, 2014, 08:45:10 AM »

I think you misinterpreted it.

It's not going to give the shell a 3d model (I think).  It's so a 88mm shell can't pass through a 10mm hole anymore.  I doubt it would need to apply to things as small as mg bullets.

Yes you are absolutely right. "88mm shell can't pass through a 10mm hole" - this is main goal, to remove some sad penetration bugs which are inherent in the model with the "material point".

Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #590 on: August 04, 2014, 05:44:07 AM »

How will a impact of a shell onto only part of the front of the shell behave?
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #591 on: August 05, 2014, 11:28:35 AM »

So, a new tactic will be: destroying an enemy shell by targeting his shell Grin
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #592 on: August 06, 2014, 09:22:56 AM »

How will a impact of a shell onto only part of the front of the shell behave?

Don't understand what you mean  Huh?

In armor penetration calculations shell described as object that have a geometrical sizes. Ie to direction, velocity and shell type (used in traditional modelling) already added size, as result "so a 88mm shell can't pass through a 10mm hole"

Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #593 on: August 06, 2014, 10:23:35 AM »

I mean what happens if the shell hits the edge of an armor plate so that only part of the shell impacts.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #594 on: August 06, 2014, 10:40:17 AM »

I mean what happens if the shell hits the edge of an armor plate so that only part of the shell impacts.
What are the options?
This is what _always happens_ because the projectile is wedge-shaped. In first moment only shell part impact to the plate, in next moment next part, etc.
This is typical process for armor penetration.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #595 on: August 09, 2014, 11:10:34 AM »

May be last PzIII mod  Grin
PzIII ausf J Bef

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #596 on: August 09, 2014, 11:19:54 PM »

Andrey,

Are you still entertaining the idea of adding infantry 1/2 squads to the quick battle force mix for Mius Front?

My reason for asking is, I mostly play quick battles and sometimes I have some decent ones and would like to be able to carry over the same battle again in my next quick battle and infantry 1/2 squads would help to simulate casualties incurred during the previous battle.

I'm not much of a campaign player and like to simulate other battles that don't take place on the maps in this game and 1/2 squads would help in carrying those battles over again for a semi campaign feel in my next QB.

I've tried to learn your modding tools, but I neither have the skill, time or patience to put that to a workable solution.

Infantry 1/2 squads would be a better solution for people like me with no modding skills.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:22:16 PM by Dane49 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #597 on: August 10, 2014, 09:54:25 AM »

Andrey,

Are you still entertaining the idea of adding infantry 1/2 squads to the quick battle force mix for Mius Front?

see "supply" row  Wink

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #598 on: August 10, 2014, 01:49:59 PM »

Very nice  8)

Very much looking forward to Mius Front and hope it will be released this year. The new game looks spectacular!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #599 on: August 10, 2014, 03:27:48 PM »

Very nice  8)

Very much looking forward to Mius Front and hope it will be released this year. The new game looks spectacular!

Hmm around Dec would be nice...LOL!   Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

I have been shopping around for any damned game with some brains.  Crap its hard to find anything that is really worth my time.  The AAA titles are generally BORING sauce dumb down fare.  Ugh... I dont know what is going on with modern PC games.  But it is not a good thing for the brain people on the whole.  This shift and epic market saturation of free to play is not helping!   

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: