Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 03:49:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Any update on Mius front?  (Read 410188 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #600 on: August 10, 2014, 05:27:07 PM »

I'm especially looking forward to designing some quick battles with the new game and the fact that the new game will allow you to alter the force structure and share these scenarios with the community is a very exciting idea that makes me wish for Mius Front even more.
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #601 on: August 10, 2014, 09:45:50 PM »

Being able to play quick battles designed by other players will add a whole new dimension to the game for me. Really looking forward to that feature !!!

Smiley

Txema
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #602 on: August 15, 2014, 09:16:40 AM »

Now PzIV ausf F full of hand-made track holders

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #603 on: August 15, 2014, 05:42:41 PM »

Very nice  8)

Very much looking forward to Mius Front and hope it will be released this year. The new game looks spectacular!

Hmm around Dec would be nice...LOL!   Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

I have been shopping around for any damned game with some brains.  Crap its hard to find anything that is really worth my time.  The AAA titles are generally BORING sauce dumb down fare.  Ugh... I dont know what is going on with modern PC games.  But it is not a good thing for the brain people on the whole.  This shift and epic market saturation of free to play is not helping!   

Command Ops:Battles From the Bulge

Bring back 3D markers!
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #604 on: August 16, 2014, 10:57:54 AM »

Why all units shoot from the middle of the counter in Command Ops? They have only one gun for all?

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #605 on: August 16, 2014, 04:06:46 PM »

Why all units shoot from the middle of the counter in Command Ops? They have only one gun for all?

You've kind of given the answer in your question.  It is a counter representing a whole unit, not an individual squad or machine gun.  And the game represents a different scale.

It's not a lead soldier, table top type of game the way the GT games are.  And it's not pretending to be.

Bring back 3D markers!
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #606 on: August 16, 2014, 04:08:26 PM »

Every gun is modeled in Command Ops..the fire lines are just to show you the unit is engaging. How else could you show it at a game at that scale?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #607 on: August 16, 2014, 04:36:29 PM »

Every gun is modeled in Command Ops..
How to check it?

P.S. Theoretical fire area can't be a circular if we have more than one gun due to the fact that between the arms definitely have a gaps.. But in Command Ops wiil be Sad

How else could you show it at a game at that scale?
Model any unit as material point with specific options.
No other way.
Company or even squad is too complex structure, can't modelled carefully as geometric primitive or square with homogeneous properties and single position.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:44:07 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #608 on: August 16, 2014, 05:25:00 PM »

P.P.S I think more realistic from top-down wars is Armored Brigade
http://armoredbrigade.com/

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #609 on: August 16, 2014, 07:30:18 PM »

This looks like a company level and above command simulator from the late 90's.  No really it does.  Saw something vary similar at some army post while on a tour when I was in college back in like 97/98.  But in that thing each  nato vehicle symbols but doing los checks with the terrain per vehicle. 

Yabba dabba do
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #610 on: August 17, 2014, 05:21:15 AM »

Cool, I like armoredbrigade too.
It's a good free game, it seems to struggle a bit with modern technologies and how they effect warfare (lots of abstractions) if it were WW2 it would be better suited.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #611 on: August 18, 2014, 02:55:48 PM »

I think the Command Ops series and The Operational Art of War are two of the best operational level games I've encountered.  I think Command Ops has the edge for ease of use and UI and understanding what is going on.

Bring back 3D markers!
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #612 on: August 25, 2014, 06:02:05 PM »

Funny you should mention this. One of my favorite strategy games of all time, along with Ultimate General: Gettysburg. (the latter was such a good game I manage to look past the Civil War era)

PS
Please make Mius Front Windows 8.1 compatible. Steel Armor and GTOS are unusable for whatever reason and it's killing my inner tank rat Sad

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #613 on: August 29, 2014, 06:40:59 PM »

Andrey due to the scale of the game some things have to be abstracted one of those is obviously the range ring..I have asked for the ring to change when you click on a weapon in the ES.

You have to change your mind set when going form a tactical scale game to a coy scale one. There are things that can be abstracted in a coy level Grand tactical compared to tactical scale game and as wargame scales go up more abstraction is possible.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #614 on: August 29, 2014, 07:06:03 PM »

Andrey due to the scale of the game some things have to be abstracted one of those is obviously the range ring..I have asked for the ring to change when you click on a weapon in the ES.
This is not so much scale, to do abstraction like 1 ring for group of weapons.

You have to change your mind set when going form a tactical scale game to a coy scale one. There are things that can be abstracted in a coy level Grand tactical compared to tactical scale game and as wargame scales go up more abstraction is possible.
In one side we have a detail list of weapons, and individual ranges for each type, but in other we have all weapons stacked one up to other and as result strange abstraction like ideal circle. I think it is brutal damage of realism w/o any reasons.

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #615 on: August 30, 2014, 07:17:30 AM »

The circle is just to give you an idea of the max range of the main weapon be it anti armour or anti inf or bombard. As I said I have asked that it would chnage if you click on a weapon in the ES.

How would you show max range of a coy's weapons? I'm struggling to work how how you want the info displayed.

The rings don't have any impact on the game as such..they are just a guide for you to work out how close you need to be for a COy to be able to use weapons against Inf or armour or the range it's main arty can bombard.

Under the hood Andrey lots is going on..all weapons are being monitored and fired and I believe unit footprint\formation is taken into account on how many of the weapons will be firing. This is all detail  you don't really need to know  at this scale so the info is abstracted for you otherwise you the player would end up with info overload and I expect the UI would start to become overly complex.nd up bombarding you with endless info\details. So keep what you can under the hood and give the player a UI they can easily digest.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:24:52 AM by wodin » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #616 on: August 30, 2014, 08:41:55 AM »

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #617 on: August 30, 2014, 04:19:28 PM »

Not sure you understand the weapons all have the proper range..the circle is just there for your benefit so you can quickly judge when it gets into combat. You also need to remember the terrain is abstract aswell as I think it's 8 or 10 meters a pixel. Your still thinking on the lines of Graviteam tactics and other lower scale games where the terrain and nearly every thing else is abstracted to some degree.

I hate to much abstraction in games..one reason I like games the scale of Graviteam tactics and Combat Mission. However some abstraction is needed once you start abstracting terrain. You can see the unit footprint in the game and the distance would go from the edge of the footprint and as I said each formation will modify fire intensity. Not every weapon used for anti inf say will fire out to that circle it will stick to it's parameters.

I can see what you mean in away but your no taking into account terrain abstraction in higher scale games which then has a knock on effect.

I can say it's not as abstract as your saying it is in that drawing.

The circle is just a quick simple way guide for the player. If you modeled range circles in the actual minute detail the game works under the hood you'll just have a whole confusing mess or wobbly circles.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 04:27:54 PM by wodin » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #618 on: August 30, 2014, 06:33:25 PM »

Not sure you understand the weapons all have the proper range..the circle is just there for your benefit so you can quickly judge when it gets into combat.
I think they  shots on this range too Wink

You also need to remember the terrain is abstract aswell as I think it's 8 or 10 meters a pixel.
Your still thinking on the lines of Graviteam tactics and other lower scale games where the terrain and nearly every thing else is abstracted to some degree.
In this aspect you are talk about quantity, not quality as ranges. For example in this game about 50-100 m horizontal discrete in SF 1 meter, in GTOS - 0.5 m - this is quantity and can be described by pure abstraction - number.
Yes all games (and any models) has problems with quantity due to errors in computations, discretisation etc
But I am talk about _basic_ principes, I think they cant be broken if we call game or model as realistic.
For example WOT. It have less or more right models of tanks, armor thikness and penetration etc. But it have a "broken" scales - speeds/sizes/ranges, and as result right models, thikness and penetrations not have any sence in terms of realism. Due to "broken" basic principes.

The circle is just a quick simple way guide for the player. If you modeled range circles in the actual minute detail the game works under the hood you'll just have a whole confusing mess or wobbly circles.
Circle _with right center point_ is just a quick simple way guide for the player Smiley
Current circles shows bugs in modelling not more, in realism terms.

Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #619 on: September 12, 2014, 08:02:21 PM »

Almost all planned vehicles are ready in the game. Have a look in this Facebook album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.732621113463832.1073741849.590904460968832&type=1

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: