Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 07:22:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Any update on Mius front?  (Read 410201 times)
unsobill
Oberleutnant

« Reply #680 on: April 28, 2015, 02:01:49 AM »

At now lacks of resources to support 3 projects simultaneously.

Thank you for an update. Don't worry about the slow or fast pace, as long as you consistently moving you progressing !
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #681 on: April 28, 2015, 12:04:24 PM »

Makes sense.
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #682 on: May 13, 2015, 05:41:03 PM »

At now lacks of resources to support 3 projects simultaneously.

Thank you for an update. Don't worry about the slow or fast pace, as long as you consistently moving you progressing !

What 3 projects? Mius, Sabow and OP Star? Or are you working on something new ?
.....something new with the panther? Smiley)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #683 on: July 04, 2015, 01:37:37 PM »

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
SSPEIPER
Major

« Reply #684 on: July 12, 2015, 05:52:36 AM »

Thanks for the images andrey....

Will it be possible to shoot down planes in Mius Front....?

Will we have AA/Flak assets to protect our ground forces from air attack...?

Also I always thought that trench systems offered very little protection for infantry
against enemy tanks in Operation Star, will this be improved...? I remember my
infantry were slaughtered from long range and KV's and T-34's could bombard
the trench system from afar even if I had ordered my troops to stay hidden.

Any chance we will see this released this year...?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:55:14 AM by SSPEIPER » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #685 on: July 12, 2015, 07:38:33 AM »

Will it be possible to shoot down planes in Mius Front....?
Yes, as in GTOS from 2013

Will we have AA/Flak assets to protect our ground forces from air attack...?
No

Also I always thought that trench systems offered very little protection for infantry
against enemy tanks in Operation Star, will this be improved...?
Will hardly, the land is the same (even more soft due to the lack of frost), still does not have the armor-piercing properties. Any special bonuses is not expected.

I remember my
infantry were slaughtered from long range and KV's and T-34's could bombard
the trench system from afar even if I had ordered my troops to stay hidden.
Operate covertly is not equal to become invisible.
But in the Mius, covert actions will be extended for infantry.

Any chance we will see this released this year...?
We still have two games in the support, will depend on how much it will take time.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #686 on: July 15, 2015, 12:31:20 PM »

f#@k the other two games..get Muis out first! Grin
hamrock
Major

« Reply #687 on: July 24, 2015, 09:27:20 AM »

What Wodin said!!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #688 on: August 02, 2015, 08:47:48 PM »

f#@k the other two games..get Muis out first! Grin
We still work on this

Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #689 on: August 07, 2015, 05:53:05 AM »

Hi, what about a some map/mission editor for mius?I mean if there will be a user friendly editor then it will attract more peoples from other ww2 games.I would like to place my own units on the field like three Tigers here and six T-34 here and here, then unpause the game and play.Current battle editor in GTOS is very slow I still dont know what units certain group contains.It would be nice to place units right on the 3D map.

Also will there be a vehicle like Panther or King Tiger?Thanks.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #690 on: August 07, 2015, 08:40:13 AM »

Hi, what about a some map/mission editor for mius?
Same as in GTOS

I mean if there will be a user friendly editor then it will attract more peoples from other ww2 games.
GTOS have the very user-friendly mission editor (Quick battles) but it does not help in this case.

Current battle editor in GTOS is very slow
Huh?

It would be nice to place units right on the 3D map.
It is necessary to make a lot of unnecessary work fro player. It is not clear why this should be, visible only drawbacks: it is necessary to load the 3D view, low replayability (position of units are always the same), someone (player) has to put each unit (it is not clear why, if they can placed by your computer). In general, the idea is too strange, looks like Stone Age editor vs Computer Era editor (like GTOS QB). We not plan downgrade anything in Mius  Grin

Of course no

Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #691 on: August 08, 2015, 02:23:52 AM »

Hi, what about a some map/mission editor for mius?
Same as in GTOS

I mean if there will be a user friendly editor then it will attract more peoples from other ww2 games.
GTOS have the very user-friendly mission editor (Quick battles) but it does not help in this case.

Current battle editor in GTOS is very slow
Huh?

It would be nice to place units right on the 3D map.
It is necessary to make a lot of unnecessary work fro player. It is not clear why this should be, visible only drawbacks: it is necessary to load the 3D view, low replayability (position of units are always the same), someone (player) has to put each unit (it is not clear why, if they can placed by your computer). In general, the idea is too strange, looks like Stone Age editor vs Computer Era editor (like GTOS QB). We not plan downgrade anything in Mius  Grin

Of course no
No you dont understand what I mean.Did you ever played a GEM engine game(men of war,faces of war, soldiers:Heroes of WW2)?These game have absolutely fantastic editor(and I dont think that it is a Stone Age Editor).I mean a classic editor where you can place any unit on any position at map and not just in a 3x3 tiles(and pre-defined battlegroups).The current quick battle editor isnt that bad but I want more freedom in creation.I believe that you ever used an editor from other WW2 games and now you know what Im talking about.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #692 on: October 13, 2015, 09:57:49 AM »

No you dont understand what I mean.Did you ever played a GEM engine game(men of war,faces of war, soldiers:Heroes of WW2)?These game have absolutely fantastic editor(and I dont think that it is a Stone Age Editor).
Yes, but MoW have a small not linked to realistic areas. A small number of units, not used historically states and so on. Ie conceptually different game, and it looks fine to setup individual units and even unfolding weapon crates.

I mean a classic editor where you can place any unit on any position at map and not just in a 3x3 tiles(and pre-defined battlegroups).The current quick battle editor isnt that bad but I want more freedom in creation.I believe that you ever used an editor from other WW2 games and now you know what Im talking about.
Yes, there is a good editor, but he did not need the same for our games. Just because uncertain what to do with the results of this editor's work.

Here, hypothetically, you set the individual unit. Start the game, then what? Who will command them? What are its objectives? (I hope you do not offer even write scripts for units? Smiley) With what forces it can act together?

All these questions should have  specific answers. As part of the editors that there is: a simple (quick battle) and complex (operations editor) have these answers. Within the "editor of units" - will not.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #693 on: October 13, 2015, 09:58:22 AM »

Will the 64-bit version only

Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #694 on: October 17, 2015, 02:52:59 PM »

No you dont understand what I mean.Did you ever played a GEM engine game(men of war,faces of war, soldiers:Heroes of WW2)?These game have absolutely fantastic editor(and I dont think that it is a Stone Age Editor).
Yes, but MoW have a small not linked to realistic areas. A small number of units, not used historically states and so on. Ie conceptually different game, and it looks fine to setup individual units and even unfolding weapon crates.

I mean a classic editor where you can place any unit on any position at map and not just in a 3x3 tiles(and pre-defined battlegroups).The current quick battle editor isnt that bad but I want more freedom in creation.I believe that you ever used an editor from other WW2 games and now you know what Im talking about.
Yes, there is a good editor, but he did not need the same for our games. Just because uncertain what to do with the results of this editor's work.

Here, hypothetically, you set the individual unit. Start the game, then what? Who will command them? What are its objectives? (I hope you do not offer even write scripts for units? Smiley) With what forces it can act together?

All these questions should have  specific answers. As part of the editors that there is: a simple (quick battle) and complex (operations editor) have these answers. Within the "editor of units" - will not.
Ok here is my idea of how the custom battle editor in this game could work.
The editor should contain:
3D rendered world just like when you are in mission except that there will be only a spawn menu of units.Player should be able to place any unity and anywhere at the map.A little example:I will place a 3 rifle soldiers with a tank close to each other, select them all and create a new squad and name it for example "My Squad" then I will save this squad so I can use it in the future or copy & paste it at the map again(or even use them in the current battle editor).And for the enemy I could select an already created squad.

For the other questions: 1.Who will command them? It will be just like a normal mission so player can select if he want to command enemy or ally 2.What are its objectives? What are the objective in the current battle editor?Again player will decide if he want to attact or defend.(For the custom scripts...why not?I like it arma 3 already Smiley)

Additional thing should be: waypoint editor, custom triggers and objectives,..This is one of the most realistic game on the market now and I belive that many mission makers would appreciate more freedom in mission creation.I know that you are scared of bugs but I belive that you can make a good and polished editor(just like your great games).

Also a small tooltip for units in the current battle editor would be helpful to see what it contains - (MS Paint)

Krabb: Fixed screenshot.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 03:04:19 PM by Krabb » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #695 on: October 17, 2015, 03:42:42 PM »

3D rendered world just like when you are in mission except that there will be only a spawn menu of units.Player should be able to place any unity and anywhere at the map.A little example:I will place a 3 rifle soldiers with a tank close to each other, select them all and create a new squad and name it for example "My Squad" then I will save this squad so I can use it in the future or copy & paste it at the map again(or even use them in the current battle editor).And for the enemy I could select an already created squad.
No, in Mius we can operate coy/platoon as smallest unit.

For the other questions: 1.Who will command them? It will be just like a normal mission so player can select if he want to command enemy or ally
What the arcade heresy? Units command from the hierarchy - the commander of a platoon -> company -> battalion.

2.What are its objectives? What are the objective in the current battle editor?
Those that are selected as the tasks. Obviously if you set individual units then it's not going to work are very common for whole platoon/coy/bn, and not have any sense for individual units.

Again player will decide if he want to attact or defend.(For the custom scripts...why not?I like it arma 3 already Smiley)
We do not make the simulator of programmer, what scripts do you mean?

Also a small tooltip for units in the current battle editor would be helpful to see what it contains
This level of detail is not necessary.

Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #696 on: October 18, 2015, 03:51:02 PM »

No, in Mius we can operate coy/platoon as smallest unit.
What the arcade heresy? Units command from the hierarchy - the commander of a platoon -> company -> battalion.
Those that are selected as the tasks. Obviously if you set individual units then it's not going to work are very common for whole platoon/coy/bn, and not have any sense for individual units.
So if I make a one man squad and tell him to move then he will stay on where he is because there is no commander?If soldiers on missions have their commanders then why we need player?Its not an arcade heresy its just how the RTS games work.Player is always the commander of units assinged to him.This is what I mean by freedom in mission making.If it is possible to command a fireteam or section or squad then why not?Im not telling you to make it arcade.
We do not make the simulator of programmer, what scripts do you mean?
I dont know exactly.Ability to make custom scripts like spawn vehicle at designated position after this square was captured by player forces?Custom scripting will enable ablitity for mission maker to make a very realistic missions or just a simple and more arcade missions(but hey not everyone is a programmer so not everyone will be able to make a very customized mission).It will not make the whole game a programming simulation or arcade.There will be just ability to program or make it more arcade in editor and it will be player decision so your game will still be realistic at its core.
This level of detail is not necessary.
Not necessary but very helpful(at least for me).

Also a small side question: Is it possible in the battle editor to add or rotate deployment nodes?Just like in the operation editor?Or is it possible for a user to access the code so I can try to change it?I believe it is just one piece of code applying to every map(4 nodes in the center, 3 at every side, 2 at every corner).
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #697 on: October 18, 2015, 04:28:47 PM »

So if I make a one man squad and tell him to move then he will stay on where he is because there is no commander?If soldiers on missions have their commanders then why we need player?Its not an arcade heresy its just how the RTS games work.Player is always the commander of units assinged to him.This is what I mean by freedom in mission making.If it is possible to command a fireteam or section or squad then why not?Im not telling you to make it arcade.

For RTS it is definitely, but OpStar/Mius-Front not RTS, and it is natural that such strange things will not present.
We do not operate units, and even very rare operate squads. Orders for management of individual units to a groups etc, is meaningless.

I dont know exactly.Ability to make custom scripts like spawn vehicle at designated position after this square was captured by player forces?Custom scripting will enable ablitity for mission maker to make a very realistic missions or just a simple and more arcade missions(but hey not everyone is a programmer so not everyone will be able to make a very customized mission).It will not make the whole game a programming simulation or arcade.There will be just ability to program or make it more arcade in editor and it will be player decision so your game will still be realistic at its core.

However, scripting style like Arma/OFP, contrary to the whole concept of the game, because a lot of questions that have no answers. For example what if the script of the unit contrary to the instructions of the whole platoon?
In game to many units and no sense to "program" them individually. It is a titanic work, such as scripts for 1,000 soldiers to do, even in small groups. The mechanisms for this someone has to do, and they are 100% will not be used by developers of the game, and I'm sure no one in their right mind would use them from the players.

This does not mean that there will be opportunities to make custom missions, but this option will not covered individual units or squads, only for platoon+ level.

Also a small side question: Is it possible in the battle editor to add or rotate deployment nodes?Just like in the operation editor?Or is it possible for a user to access the code so I can try to change it?I believe it is just one piece of code applying to every map(4 nodes in the center, 3 at every side, 2 at every corner).
It is possible, but what is needed is not so clear?

Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #698 on: October 18, 2015, 07:24:35 PM »

For RTS it is definitely, but OpStar/Mius-Front not RTS, and it is natural that such strange things will not present.
We do not operate units, and even very rare operate squads. Orders for management of individual units to a groups etc, is meaningless.
However, scripting style like Arma/OFP, contrary to the whole concept of the game, because a lot of questions that have no answers. For example what if the script of the unit contrary to the instructions of the whole platoon?
In game to many units and no sense to "program" them individually. It is a titanic work, such as scripts for 1,000 soldiers to do, even in small groups. The mechanisms for this someone has to do, and they are 100% will not be used by developers of the game, and I'm sure no one in their right mind would use them from the players.
This does not mean that there will be opportunities to make custom missions, but this option will not covered individual units or squads, only for platoon+ level.
As far as I know you cant command only one unit in the squad in GTOS.You can command only squads in platoon so you cant tell one soldier in the squad to go left and the rest of the squad to go right.For this there should be a waypoint system so you can tell your squad to go somewhere.Arma editor would be just perfect for this.Imagine the current battle editor combined with Arma editor.What I dont like about current editor is unit placement(deployment nodes).I want to place my platoon anywhere on the map and not be limited to some nodes.Or place them on those green squares.Basically what this battle editor need is the squad editor(I know that you can operate only platoons+ but those platoons are created from squads so when I place in game one German MG platoon I got 6 MG squads and one inf. command squad under my control) and better platoon placement with waypoint system(not a completely new editor but just overhauled the old one and I belive that developers can also use it)
It is possible, but what is needed is not so clear?
There is a 24 deployment nodes in the quick battle editor but the maximum should be 36 nodes(4 nodes for every square).I need more deployment nodes in the quick battle editor.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #699 on: October 18, 2015, 11:27:26 PM »

As far as I know you cant command only one unit in the squad in GTOS.You can command only squads in platoon so you cant tell one soldier in the squad to go left and the rest of the squad to go right.For this there should be a waypoint system so you can tell your squad to go somewhere.
Strictly speaking it is not right, but the player has no interface to do it. In your original example figured units (individual soldiers?)

Arma editor would be just perfect for this.
Arma editor operates fewer units. For ~100 units this can be justified.
if you have 10 units you can do for them the choice of clothing and items management
if you have a 100 units it is possible but not good
if you have a 1000 units this is a completely unnecessary feature

with unit scripts it the same case

Imagine the current battle editor combined with Arma editor.What I dont like about current editor is unit placement(deployment nodes).I want to place my platoon anywhere on the map and not be limited to some nodes.
Or place them on those green squares.
Any additional functionality should give a positive effect, or do not understand why it should be done. What will get this manual placement of units anywhere? What's the point of this?
Imagine we can do it, but whats next?

Basically what this battle editor need is the squad editor(I know that you can operate only platoons+ but those platoons are created from squads so when I place in game one German MG platoon I got 6 MG squads and one inf. command squad under my control) and better platoon placement with waypoint system(not a completely new editor but just overhauled the old one and I belive that developers can also use it)
I do not quite understand, it's all there for a long time, if we are talking about a group of platoon+. It is not clear why we need to do another one like it.

There is a 24 deployment nodes in the quick battle editor but the maximum should be 36 nodes(4 nodes for every square).I need more deployment nodes in the quick battle editor.
This is possible, but in the average case stable performance is not enough for a 24 nodes, fully-filled units, in worst case this give up to 4K units, it is too much.
Perhaps when 24 will always be achievable will be the extended scheme for 36 nodes or more.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:30:11 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38
  Print  

Jump to: