Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 04:42:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Any update on Mius front?  (Read 410191 times)
Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #700 on: October 19, 2015, 03:43:13 PM »

Strictly speaking it is not right, but the player has no interface to do it. In your original example figured units (individual soldiers?)
Arma editor operates fewer units. For ~100 units this can be justified.
if you have 10 units you can do for them the choice of clothing and items management
if you have a 100 units it is possible but not good
if you have a 1000 units this is a completely unnecessary feature
with unit scripts it the same case
Well we dont need to make the editor exactly same as Arma editor.In arma you can operate every soldier but in GTOS you can operate only squads and individual vehicles so the scripts or waypoints will not apply for only one soldier but for the whole squad.The editor should be build on the game possibilities and if player cant control one soldier then why the scripts should apply only on one soldier?For example: You put a tank on the field and place some waypoints and tank will follow them.Then in the middle of the road you will place a trigger and when the tank will enter this trigger it will explode(to simulate a mine explosion for example).The scripts will apply for the whole unit(tank) and not just for the tank driver or loader(individual soldiers).If you place a 1000 units then you probably dont want to script each one(I dont even know why) but just select them all and place a waypoint(considering that you want to move your army).
Any additional functionality should give a positive effect, or do not understand why it should be done. What will get this manual placement of units anywhere? What's the point of this?
Imagine we can do it, but whats next?
It is the same problem as with HD textures.Yes you will make them look nicer and more detailed but what next?Nothing because it is just an enhancement of the old texture.Another example is the Arma 3 editor.Current 2D editor is good so why we need the 3D Eden editor?Because it is a great enhancement.Why be limited to some nodes if we can place it anywhere?It could be like il-2 sturmovik editor style on the 2D map or something like this(example): select what you want to spawn, click on place button and click on one of those green squares to place it.
I do not quite understand, it's all there for a long time, if we are talking about a group of platoon+. It is not clear why we need to do another one like it.
Yes there is a platoon "editor" where you can edit platoon by adding squads from reserves or disbanding squads but Im takling about squad editor.Something like this(example):

This is possible, but in the average case stable performance is not enough for a 24 nodes, fully-filled units, in worst case this give up to 4K units, it is too much.
Perhaps when 24 will always be achievable will be the extended scheme for 36 nodes or more.
I dont need to full-fill every node I just want to edit them.
This is the current QB Editor node layout:

But I want to achieve this:

Delete nodes I dont need and Add more nodes where I want them

Krabb: Fixed screenshot.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:47:47 PM by Krabb » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #701 on: October 19, 2015, 04:25:02 PM »

All this dialog boxes with strange design from 90s, is suitable only if you make  1-2 squads, not more
In our games used 1000 times better tool for this

no need to reinvent square wheel

But with different node  layouts is good idea, we thinking about it
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:29:12 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #702 on: October 19, 2015, 06:01:31 PM »

All this dialog boxes with strange design from 90s, is suitable only if you make  1-2 squads, not more
In our games used 1000 times better tool for this
It doesnt matter how they look the most important thing is that they are simple to use.It can create as many squads as you want if it contains all available soldiers.For example: make a squad with 6 soldiers and one MG42, then make an infantry command squad, create a new platoon with 6 of those MG42 squads and one inf. command squad and you get one HMG platoon.The spawner can also be different(example):

no need to reinvent square wheel
I asked if it is possible for a user to change the layout.Can I mod it and make it like in my screenshot in previous post?Can a user access the code where it is defined and change it?
But with different node  layouts is good idea, we thinking about it
If you can make the option to place units anywhere not relying on the nodes then we dont need any other pre-defined layouts.If you cant make it then at least let the user make his own node layout.It is in the engine already you can add,delete,rotate nodes in the operation editor so I believe you can do it in the QB editor as well.More options are always a nice things.
Also will there be a map editor in Mius or it is a proprietary thing?
Thanks for all replies by the way.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 12:29:37 PM by Krylolrian » Logged
Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #703 on: October 21, 2015, 12:34:21 PM »

I asked if it is possible for a user to change the layout.Can I mod it and make it like in my screenshot in previous post?Can a user access the code where it is defined and change it?
I found this in the opgame.loc_def.program file but I cant find these .cfgpack files
Code:
i_qbattle:qbattle=()
{
config[s] = tabs\qbattle.cfgpack;
ui_config[s] = tabs\int_qbattle.cfgpack;

} //endof i_qbattle:qbattle
Or they are those loc_def.config files?Or these nodes are stored here adv_qbattle.codelib where I cant access them?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #704 on: October 29, 2015, 10:20:40 PM »

It doesnt matter how they look the most important thing is that they are simple to use.
if you need to make 1-3 squads, then your system is working fine, if you need something around 5-10 sqs both yours and Excel well but if necessary to make 100+ sqs as in the game, then yours not good at all. Since it needed a terrible labor intensity. If you do the somthing a little harder than fighting a battle for the forester's hut, it is unacceptable.

As a result, in the game it never will be - the developers do not have a second life in the reserve to manually make the squads from soldiers.

Not to mention all the other disadvantages: a fixed states, not an opportunity to diversify the hvy weapons and ammunition, making losses and so on. What is now done fully automatically.

It can create as many squads as you want if it contains all available soldiers.For example: make a squad with 6 soldiers and one MG42, then make an infantry command squad, create a new platoon with 6 of those MG42 squads and one inf. command squad and you get one HMG platoon.The spawner can also be different(example):
As I said the game is not working with squad, the minimum unit - a platoon. It makes no sense to make it from individual soldiers, it is counterproductive.
Likewise, it makes no sense to place them in 3D in an editor, it's a longtime and uncomfortable, leading to unnecessary loss of game productivity due to the impossibility of effective caching.

Yes, it's always possible to do through mod tools.
No access to code for users of course (do not see any reason why it can be useful), but the configuration files can be changed.

If you can make the option to place units anywhere not relying on the nodes then we dont need any other pre-defined layouts.
Of course no. We will not to do this for obvious reasons. But some layouts its a good idea.

If you cant make it then at least let the user make his own node layout.
No, only predefined

It is in the engine already you can add,delete,rotate nodes in the operation editor so I believe you can do it in the QB editor as well.
Yes, there it is largely justified.

More options are always a nice things.
More options are always a _bad_ things.
They must be checked and maintained in good working condition, need to watch that they do not interfere with each other and do not give rise non predicted combinations.
And in Mius we strongly reducing them.

Also will there be a map editor in Mius or it is a proprietary thing?
As in previous games in the series (SABOW/GTOS) - it is open to everyone who is able to combine 8x8km wide height map in WGS 84 with detail maps in a cylindrical transverse Mercator projection, and convert the result in two flat images.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:22:24 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #705 on: November 01, 2015, 11:08:13 AM »

if you need to make 1-3 squads, then your system is working fine, if you need something around 5-10 sqs both yours and Excel well but if necessary to make 100+ sqs as in the game, then yours not good at all. Since it needed a terrible labor intensity. If you do the somthing a little harder than fighting a battle for the forester's hut, it is unacceptable.
As a result, in the game it never will be - the developers do not have a second life in the reserve to manually make the squads from soldiers.
It was just an idea.It can be changed so it can be useful for both players and developers.
Not to mention all the other disadvantages: a fixed states, not an opportunity to diversify the hvy weapons and ammunition, making losses and so on. What is now done fully automatically.
What do you mean by "fully automatically"?Is there a tutorial for your excel tool so I can see how it assemble squad automatically and learn it?
As I said the game is not working with squad, the minimum unit - a platoon
But I can command a platoon of one squad.
Yes, it's always possible to do through mod tools.
Read my PM please.
Of course no. We will not to do this for obvious reasons. But some layouts its a good idea.
Well I dont exactly know the reasons you mean but I think I know why.
Engine\Time\Knowledge can be the reason because not everyone has the time and knowledge for this.Especially if your engine hate nice new things.But I fully understand this.Some modern rts games completely lack any editor.
No, only predefined
Yes, there it is largely justified.
So it will be too complex to add OP editor features to QB editor?Predefined still better than this stock layout(hope to see 9x4 layout in the future) but it would be good as free update for GTOS and already implemented in Mius for free.Dont make it as DLC layout pack or worse as part of the big campaing DLC.Well you can add new QB layout to every new bigger(units, campaing) DLC and also make a QB layout pack DLC for those who dont want to buy the big dlc just because they want the new layout.Nah bad idea it should be free.
More options are always a _bad_ things.
They must be checked and maintained in good working condition, need to watch that they do not interfere with each other and do not give rise non predicted combinations.
And in Mius we strongly reducing them.
I fully agree and understand this but you dont feel good when you create a nice new thing which was hard to create but community love it?
If every new game will be just a new campaing with little additions then it will get old.It will be like another call of duty.But hey who would not want another at least 10 titles from various fronts with this engine(I wish it to Graviteam).
As in previous games in the series (SABOW/GTOS) - it is open to everyone who is able to combine 8x8km wide height map in WGS 84 with detail maps in a cylindrical transverse Mercator projection, and convert the result in two flat images.
What if I have time and want to learn it?Still open for me?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #706 on: November 21, 2015, 02:27:20 PM »

Please wait Mius release, there will be a little differently than in the OpStar. Just now, it seems we are discussing two different things altogether.

What if I have time and want to learn it?Still open for me?

If you can do this - yes.
But statistics says that the probability of this is low (~1/10). In fact, the development of a new realistic battlefield area, not as fun and interesting as it sounds.

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #707 on: November 22, 2015, 01:26:04 AM »

I do hope Muis front is near release.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #708 on: November 28, 2015, 03:00:41 PM »

I do hope Muis front is near release.
I hope too

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #709 on: November 28, 2015, 03:01:28 PM »

In Mius will be achievements, trading cards, backs, emoticons and bages on the STEAM.

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #710 on: December 24, 2015, 12:34:15 PM »

Really hope it gets released in 2016!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #711 on: December 25, 2015, 07:10:25 PM »

Really hope it gets released in 2016!
I hope too  Grin

wiggum15
Oberleutnant

« Reply #712 on: January 01, 2016, 11:06:26 AM »

Hi !

Will there be a way to play GTOS content (DLC campaigns) with the Mius front engine ?
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #713 on: January 04, 2016, 12:26:25 PM »

Hi !

Will there be a way to play GTOS content (DLC campaigns) with the Mius front engine ?
This would be amazing!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #714 on: January 25, 2016, 08:27:56 AM »

Veteran66
Hauptmann

« Reply #715 on: January 25, 2016, 03:37:47 PM »

wauu, the flowers look good, nice textures
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #716 on: January 25, 2016, 06:25:40 PM »

Stop teasing and release the game...for the love of god!!!! Smiley
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #717 on: February 14, 2016, 12:19:09 PM »

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #718 on: February 14, 2016, 07:27:07 PM »

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #719 on: February 14, 2016, 11:55:25 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38
  Print  

Jump to: