Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:25:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Delay Function How To Use That?  (Read 6866 times)
mnizara
Oberleutnant

« on: September 20, 2013, 02:06:59 AM »

In APOS and Hooper I found out when RIGHT CLICKED on the STOP button there is a delay function in there. What's the purpose?

How do use it in battle?

Thanks
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »

In APOS and Hooper I found out when RIGHT CLICKED on the STOP button there is a delay function in there. What's the purpose?

How do use it in battle?

Thanks

Two purposes:
1) Recon, observation and return to the commander in automatic mode w/o command level decrease. Check AI control+Ambush and send to observation position and set time to return through delay.
2) Synchronization of attacks - send two or more groups to position, wait to same time and attack.

All can do throught path setup procedure - orders + Shift in combat or initial orders phases

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 05:32:43 PM »

1) Recon, observation and return to the commander in automatic mode (if player's command level is lower than command value of squad commander) w/o command level decrease. Check AI control+Ambush and send to observation position and set time to return through delay.

Fixed  Tongue  Grin
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 06:11:20 PM »

1) Recon, observation and return to the commander in automatic mode (if player's command level is lower than command value of squad commander) w/o command level decrease. Check AI control+Ambush and send to observation position and set time to return through delay.

Fixed  Tongue  Grin

It return in any case, lower or not. But in any case - automatically w/o affect to command level bar.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 07:35:34 AM »

Fixed  Tongue  Grin

It return in any case, lower or not. But in any case - automatically w/o affect to command level bar.

In my experience, they do not return automatically, if player has high enough command level. Once the command level has decreased below command value of the unit, AI will take over and unit returns to its commander. Maybe I have missed something?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 01:03:13 PM »

If unit itself lost link to commander.

mnizara
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »

Thanks I would be playing around with it and see how it works. It seems the function is really cool except I am ignorant about it.

My next question is ( I am NO military guy but enjoy this game very much albeit losing more than draw). What is the purpose of "telephone and cable" squad since I am seeing they being control by AI and moving to various platoon on battle field. Should I take control of it?

What kind of contribution this squad give to my whole army IF any. At time I am thinking of changing it with other squad like mortar or MG but I am scared it might have negative impact on my army.

chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 06:08:19 PM »

http://bayonetstrength.150m.com/Tactics/Formations/rifle_platoon.htm
may give you some insight into WW2 platoon structure/operations.

Basically - The idea of comms is fundamental to focusing information flow, movements & fire for any group.  If you need support fire, personnel to maneuver, to report spotted enemy etc etc you need comms to get the groups to share info/co-operate.  This also applies within a single squad.  More information helps groups of units interact & respond to battlefield changes.

I've seen comms make a difference in-game, you can watch AI controlled units reacting to the message icons.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 06:23:10 PM »

It's best to leave your wiremen under the control of the AI,I tried taking control of them myself but they don't do what you want and perform much better under AI control.

When wire links are established between the various leaders and support weapons your effectiveness and accuracy when using these support weapons in an indirect mode greatly increases and you won't waste as much ammo trying to neutralize or destroy a target.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 10:34:43 PM »

It's best to leave your wiremen under the control of the AI,I tried taking control of them myself but they don't do what you want and perform much better under AI control.

When wire links are established between the various leaders and support weapons your effectiveness and accuracy when using these support weapons in an indirect mode greatly increases and you won't waste as much ammo trying to neutralize or destroy a target.

Yes the most noticeable thing IMO with telephone troops... When linked battery's of various indirect weapons will fire on spotted targets on their own if set to ai controls the guns.  Placing the battery's spotter AND linked up with commo is VARY effective.  I had a platoon totally wiped out the other day by enemy mortar platoon.  They had it all  in place.  And I did NOT place that platoon well as it turns out. 

Yabba dabba do
mnizara
Oberleutnant

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 10:23:13 AM »

Great and informative, thank you for the help and as I see there may be more intricacies that need to be learned in the game and with understanding it becomes more enjoyable. I am not sure whether I am dreaming or not but today I played Shilovo and found out that even with 1 "tele and cable" squad on the battlefield I saw most of my armies had better "communication" ....that GREEN intermittent lines between squads when I clicked the "sphere shaped" button on the lower left hand side of the interface.

and...thanks for the link above and just what I was thinking of this morning for some helpful information to understand armies composition.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 10:54:56 AM »

Yes it takes time to master... 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: