Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 02:24:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Please don't stone me for sacrilege (War Thunders)  (Read 74944 times)
norm
Oberst

« on: October 04, 2013, 07:42:28 PM »

But has anyone here been having a look at the development of War Thunders tanks? While I don't expect it will be at the level of this, it's looking like it could be good fun, especially since this game has no multiplayer. Could be interesting.
http://warthunder.com/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:51:33 AM by lockie » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 07:52:37 PM »

I'll be first! Grin
This game looks good, but some doubts are cast upon it. It has many tanks and aircrafts and I'm pretty sure, if someone wants to make as bigger as possible, then be prepared to see arcade or smth. or another WOT.
Of course, we need to check it out first. Did somebody already played in this game?

Provocative signature removed
norm
Oberst

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 07:55:01 PM »

I've played the aviation components, and the historical battles and full-real battles are rather good. They are expecting engangement ranges of up to 10km, and plenty big maps, it seems like it has potential. Shame more people don't play FRB at the moment, hopefully the numbers will rise.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 08:23:23 PM »

norm, could u prepare a short description how to install the game, what should be d/l to start? I'd like to give it try.
Thanks in advance.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 08:34:08 PM »

What's FRB?
norm
Oberst

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 12:12:45 AM »

Finick FRB is the shorthand for "full real battle" Basically it is decided into three teirs of realism. these are how it is broken up for the aircraft. First is arcade, which includes simplified flight models, name tags always on, radar/minimap, and third person view available, teams made up of all nations and re-spawns. Then there is historical battles, which has larger maps, no re-spawn, national teams (so always allies vs axis, no Germans and Americans on the same side), and historical flight models, but with third person view, radar/minimap, and name tags still in place. Full real battles are first-person view only, no radar or name tags, and the historical flight models in place. I expect it will work similar for the tanks.

Lockie- go to http://warthunder.com/ and install from there. Tanks aren't included at the moment, only aircraft, but the first tanks are expected by the end of next month. They plan to have aicraft, tanks, and ships all available, and available to play only against their own types or combined arms with all three. It is free to play, but it does operate off of the usual free to play model of unlocking one's way down a tech tree. (they will be all vehicles that saw service from just before the war to Korea, though, few if any paper panzers like in World of Tanks)

Also, for the tanks here is some footage from the Igromir 2013 confrence, unfortunately it is in russian only, and the recording quality is pretty bad, but it is interesting to see some proper gameplay (this is in the arcade mode)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 12:15:15 AM by norm » Logged
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 01:13:46 AM »

I like the sound of this Grin

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 06:48:58 AM »

Hey Whukid! Good to hear from you! Cheesy

Always think of you whenever I see you Late War Skins on one of my games.... Wink

Thanks for the explanation Norm. War Thunders looks very attractive but planes don't turn me on( I have Il2 which I never play).I am really waiting for the tanks to join....

I hope they'll spare us the mumble-jumble mismatch of T26 with JS-3, Maus and all the other tanks that never left the drawing board.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 08:25:38 AM »

Lockie- go to http://warthunder.com/ and install from there. Tanks aren't included at the moment, only aircraft, but the first tanks are expected by the end of next month.
Thank u for the link! As I've understood this game supposed to be as aircraft simulator? And then developers decided to include a tanks and have a plan to include a ships? Three things in one bottle Smiley
I'll wait when tanks will be included and give it a try. According to the pictures they looks very good.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 10:44:23 AM »

Something else to look forward to. It's an WW2 fps shooter but with WW2 vehicles playable and free-to-play. A cross between Iron Front Liberation 1944 and Red Orchestra. Looks promising through.

http://awar.su/en/games/iron-clash.html
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 03:23:01 AM »

Thanks Frinik Grin I'm finally done with all the retarded "no communication with the outside world" stuff, so I can come back to the forums once more.

I tried, but I didn't get tanks. Cry I talked to one of our staff NCO's about it, and he said it was because I scored too high on the ASVAB. Now, I'm an LAAD gunner. Not quite as cool, but hey, I get to shoot Machineguns on a regular basis, so I'm content for the moment. On the bright side, the only two places I can be stationed are in the beautiful hills of Camp Pendelton or in the fertile hunting grounds of North Carolina (cherry point). Smiley

I bought a refurbished Asus G55 for about $880, so now I can truly enjoy the latest Graviteam developments in all their glory. Grin I just have to get around to downloading them Tongue

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 04:48:41 AM »

OOOOH! You get to shoot 50 cal. MGs all day long?Huh? Smiley How about Gatling guns, mini guns, vulcans etc?Huh?

By the way how's the sound for the 50 cal. in SF compared to the real one???Good to hear you're with us and can share in all the fun!

One last question Whu; do you get to play America's Army 4 as part of your training? Grin
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 06:15:40 AM »

OOOOH! You get to shoot 50 cal. MGs all day long?Huh? Smiley How about Gatling guns, mini guns, vulcans etc?Huh?

By the way how's the sound for the 50 cal. in SF compared to the real one???Good to hear you're with us and can share in all the fun!

One last question Whu; do you get to play America's Army 4 as part of your training? Grin

I don't believe I've heard the .50 in SF. When we go to the range I'll take a video so we can do a comparison.

No, we don't play Xbox 360. For our Stinger training, they put us in this huge dome and we practice with a Stinger mock up with a CO2 tank in place of a missile, and it provides the recoil. Same thing with all the weapons that we qualify with before we go to the range; they put us in what's called an "ISMIT", and we shoot machineguns hooked up to compressed air tanks

Don't even get me started on the army. Those little f*cks get liberty and icecream.... in bootcamp!  Angry

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 02:07:53 PM »

Oh America's Army4 I not available for pcs?Huh?

You are in the reserve right?
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 01:18:11 AM »

Oh America's Army4 I not available for pcs?Huh?

You are in the reserve right?

Nope Smiley Aktiv duty for the next 3 1/2 years at least

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 10:37:22 AM »

Nope Aktiv duty for the next 3 1/2 years at least

Well at least you'll have your G55 as a faithful companion for your leisure time or furloughs! Wink
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 05:32:31 PM »

Don't even get me started on the army. Those little f*cks get liberty and icecream.... in bootcamp!  Angry

Not when I was in the Army(Infantry). Huh?

Back in the Summer of 81,I went thru what was called OSUT(One Station Unit Training) at Ft. Benning Ga. Sand Hill.
14 weeks with only 1 pass,no ice cream,candy,soda cakes etc... and we were only allowed to visit the PX once a month in platoon formation and only allowed to buy basic toiletries,boot polish and Brasso etc...
If you bought anything other than those items they would be confiscated.

We trained from 0400 till 1900 every single day except Sundays and were expected to clean everything on that day.
And had to stay within the confines of the barracks area.

We were allowed no vistors,TV or newspapers during those 14 weeks either.

We got one pass the week before we graduated from OSUT to go into town for 12 hours and all most of us did was sleep.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »

Not when I was in the Army(Infantry). Huh?

Back in the Summer of 81,I went thru what was called OSUT(One Station Unit Training) at Ft. Benning Ga. Sand Hill.
14 weeks with only 1 pass,no ice cream,candy,soda cakes etc... and we were only allowed to visit the PX once a month in platoon formation and only allowed to buy basic toiletries,boot polish and Brasso etc...
If you bought anything other than those items they would be confiscated.

We trained from 0400 till 1900 every single day except Sundays and were expected to clean everything on that day.
And had to stay within the confines of the barracks area.

We were allowed no vistors,TV or newspapers during those 14 weeks either.

We got one pass the week before we graduated from OSUT to go into town for 12 hours and all most of us did was sleep.

Hey! Sounds like my bootcamp! I guess the saying "The Marines is always a couple decades behind the army" is totally true

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 08:17:45 PM »

It's been awhile since I went thru OSUT.

But I think on our last monthly visit to the PX we were given 1/2 hour to get in buy what we wanted and needed and maybe look at some magazines and then get back into formation.

If you bought candy or sodas you were expected to eat them while in formation before that 1/2 hour was up.
After that all contraband was then supposed to be trashed or was confiscated before we started marching back to the barracks.

Anyone caught with these contraband items back in the barracks area was subject to an Article 15.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 05:17:43 AM »

It's been awhile since I went thru OSUT.

But I think on our last monthly visit to the PX we were given 1/2 hour to get in buy what we wanted and needed and maybe look at some magazines and then get back into formation.

If you bought candy or sodas you were expected to eat them while in formation before that 1/2 hour was up.
After that all contraband was then supposed to be trashed or was confiscated before we started marching back to the barracks.

Anyone caught with these contraband items back in the barracks area was subject to an Article 15.

Meh. We didn't have the ninjapunch threat. They'd just smoke the shit out of us if you had anything in the squad bay after Liberty Sunday

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: